What does your husband do for a job?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you 'work'? (for an income)

-------------------------------------

My DH is a mechanic. He's trained in Honda, but he does Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda.

I don't have an income per se, but I do ChaCha for small things we need (I used to be able to make quite a bit more until they changed things.. ) and I do lots of surveys for Amazon cards. So far for b-day season I've only bought three things with money out of 9 gifts that I have stashed away.

June 15th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wish you lived closer, we've got a '02 Subaru that I really want someone to work on for cash to keep it going another ten years

DH is a paramedic, he's a supervisor now more than he's on car. So he works for the ambulance service, he also works for STARS which is a medivac company for emergencies, and he also picks up shifts in the ER here and works in an RN capacity there for double time.

I am an RN, currently working full time online teaching for the local college, and when I'm not on mat leave I work casual RN hours in the OR.

Lucky mother to five!

June 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My husband is in the US Coast Guard. He does environmental work.

I have a teaching degree, but have been a sahm for a year and a half. We could use another income, but I am holding off on working while my kids are so young. I may open a home daycare and try to take in another kid or two this coming year.
June 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH is a maintenance mechanic at a factory....

I am a SAHM. Wish I had the patience for in home daycare...so I could bring in some money....but the times I've tried it I end up going CARAZAHIE

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH is currently disabled. He worked as a truck driver/delivery guy for a wholesale company. I'm not sure when he'll be able to go back to work.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
June 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My dh is a wildland fire fighter.

I am a sahm.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

June 16th, 2011, 12:42 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh is a union insulator for commercial insulation. He currently works in a nuclear power plant and has been there for the better part of ten years.

I was a reading interventionist in my kids elementary school until last week. I am hoping to get called back in August. Keep your fingers crossed.

For the last 11 years I have been a sahm.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

June 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is a welder.

I've been a sahm mom since Jan 08, which I now realize was a really bad time to quit working, lol. It wouldn't have mattered much anyway, I found out a few months ago that the state is shutting down the facility I worked at. They're not relocating any of the employees either so 15 people are out of jobs. It's so sad.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 16th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
Wish you lived closer, we've got a '02 Subaru that I really want someone to work on for cash to keep it going another ten years
Subaru is actually his LEAST favorite lol. He always comes home and tells me how much he hates them lol.

June 16th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh is a dairy farmer.

I am a hairdresser and do some hair out of the house, and do the administrative end of the farm.
June 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH is a mechanic as well.

I was a SAHM for 4 years but just started working again 2.5 months ago. I work as a general aide in a seniors home.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
June 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Mommy to Many
DH owns a business and we are getting ready to open a social club this summer (bar/grill type thing). He works from home and is the primary caregiver during the day. I am a full time student going for my PA but I work as a RN full-time now because we need the extra income for our startup business (and bills). I expect to go back to being a SAHM/student this fall when we open our home again to foster care.
June 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorethemerrier View Post
My DH is currently disabled. He worked as a truck driver/delivery guy for a wholesale company. I'm not sure when he'll be able to go back to work.
So sorry to read that, it must be difficult.

DH is a union glazier (they are the glass guys on construction sites) From Sept - April he teaches 1-2 nights a week for glazing (and is certified to teach welding too) and recently was certified to teach CPR and first aid.

I am a SAHM but have been looking for some part time work to make some $$. SO far - nothing. I have considered watching kids but I am not sure anyone wants their kid being watched by someone who already has four there Maybe I am over thinking it.

Mom x 5

June 16th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is a machine shop supervisor and CNC programmer

I am a life insurance underwriter but I get to tele-commute and work from home.

June 17th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a SAHM. DH is a safety consultant. He started up his own company about 1 yr ago.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh is a sahd now, he was a mechanic in the navy for 20 years. He is having troubles finding a job up here.

I work at walmart an hour away.

June 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Regular
DH works for a large bank, and luckily is able to work from home when needed (sick kids...or, like now when I am on bed rest!)

I am a psychologist....I have worked FT with kids exposed to trauma and violence for over 10 years and although it is often sad and stressful, I find it very rewarding. I have been on bed rest for 10 weeks however, and am not sure if I will be able to return to work at all this pregnancy. We are seriously considering me becoming a SAHM for a few years after the twins are born. I may do some PT work or care for a couple other children to bring in some income.

Expecting twins! EDD 11/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search