What would you do if it were you.

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's the scene: my sister had a bf in highschool, Kelsey, they were close then and have been roomies for the last 3 years. Still good friends but in the last year have started drifting apart. So at the time she got engaged last summer, she asked Kelsey to be a bridesmaid.
Last spring she met Alison, Alison is like another version of her she says, they hit it off right away and when she got back to university, they have been hanging out all the time and are now supergood friends.

Kelsey is a drs kid, she is nice, but basically a brat and thinks the world should revolve around her. When I made the plans for the bachelorette she made the biggest issue about being able to come, even though she was unemployed at the time. It took her 2 weeks and a third (by then snarky email) to get her to get back to me.

Guess who failed to show up at the shower last night?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Sister asked if I had reminded her, I said no, never even thought about it, I told her ages ago and assumed that as a bridesmaid you would just mark your calendar and be there.

I say kick Kelsey out and put Alison in, what would you do?
June 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
talk to your sister and see what she wants to do

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
June 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From experience - there is ALWAYS one bridesmaid that is a royal PITA. Never fails. I would talk to your sister, and see what she thinks. A demoted bridesmaid would not be happy!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

June 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your sister needs to talk to her and remind her how important this day is to her. Maybe a good heart-to-heart will help.

I really can't believe she didn't come though. That's crazy!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not my call, and I have been super kind to Kelsey, I will have to try extra hard today if in fact she shows up.

This makes me happy I am in my thirties, this kind of thing is just easier, I would be done with someone like that. I am sure my sister will end up keeping her in, but I am going to start calling her PITA
June 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be gracious and overlook it. Relationships change and people grow apart. I would keep her a part of the wedding as a cherished memory of the relationship that was. If she shows, great. If she doesn't, too bad. If it is possible to get Alison a dress at this time, add her. But don't kick out Kelsey.
June 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey forgot all about the bachelorette thing, and showed for dinner and boat. I was very kind to her, even though it took some effort, but if I claim to have Jesus in my heart, then I better show it.

She is completely clueless about her role as bridesmaid though, she's asking what time to show up at the rehearsal but I don't think it's occurred to her to come help decorate the hall and all that stuff.

I wasn't really asking advice on what my sister should do, because I know what she would, I more wondered what someone else would do
June 19th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What I would do? I don't know. I know that's not what you are looking for. I would probably keep her as well and just bear with it.

We had a small wedding no bridesmaids or groomsman, and it was wonderful...not drama.

Good luck! Sorry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search