How many times a day

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
should a four year old (almost 5, 8-23) pee a day?

RJ runs in ALL. DAY. LONG. like it's an emergency to go to the bathroom. Unless he's sneaking drinks from the hose outside he doesn't drink that much. He pees through a pull-up every night.

He's got to have a doc appointment before kindergarten, for chicken pox shot, so I could ask then, but maybe he just has a small bladder and I'm not too fond of our doc so I don't want to be led down a path of "procedures" if you guys think it is normal.

He also has a bm in his pull-up about 5 of 7 days too, that might be due to maturity as well, he'll probably be the youngest kindergartner in his class as well. He doesn't have accidents during the day, but pees on the darn toilet seat or the floor a LOT because, like I said, he runs in like it's an emergency!

June 22nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan will be five in October and I swear that kid pees at least 12 times in the 15 hours he's awake, but he's not fluid restricted at all and all he drinks is water. He also soaks a pull up each night. I was thinking he's just one of those kids who doesn't like a full bladder if he has the option

Lucky mother to five!

June 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My almost 10 year old is like that! We had him tested for diabetes and a bladder infection but both were negative. The other day he used the bathroom when we got to Target and a half hour later when we were leaving he had to go again. It's gotten better as he's gotten older but he still goes a LOT compared to my other kids.

June 23rd, 2011, 03:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had Nate tested for diabetes also for the same reason. I think that and a UTI would be the most likely if there was anything going on, but like the others said a lot of our kiddos drink and pee a ton and that is just normal for them.

I'd go ahead and mention it to the doc. A blood test and a urine sample could at least give you peace of mind.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a four year old but he doesn't seem to go much more than the others do. No accidents at night, either. When he first became potty trained he did have a habit of waiting until the last second to go to the bathroom. I think that's pretty normal. It's more fun to play than stop and go potty.

I do have diabetics in the family and frequent urination is one of the signs but there were others too. Alyssa quit eating, lost alot of weight really fast, was dying of thrist ALL the time, and would get extremely lethargic.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search