Fried food

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you eat or cook fried food very often?

Do you have a deep fryer? How large is it?

I imagine with some of our bigger families a regular fry daddy would be teeny tiny and it would take you all day to make enough french fries for everyone.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Last edited by cnote; June 23rd, 2011 at 04:55 AM.
June 23rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a fryer at all. If I need to fry I just use a frying pan.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Last edited by shari626; June 23rd, 2011 at 05:00 AM.
June 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a pretty big fryer, my dad got it for us for x-mas a few years ago. I make french fries in the oven most of the time just because of the smell, but we make our own buffalo wings sometimes those are deep fried. I think the fryer can hold 18 wings at a time.

June 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't fry much, and we don't have a fryer. I try to cook as healthy as I can, and I worry about the hot oil when I fry.
June 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I fry more often in the summer months. Maybe 2-3 x's a month. Mostly on weekends when dh starts up the grill. (Honestly, I can't think of anything I fry during the winter.)

I use a regular fry daddy. We use it for french fries (we cook 1/2 a bag for the meal), fried mushrooms and fried zucchini.

I wish I could say we never eat deep fried foods but we're just not there yet.

ETA: After reading everyone else's responses I remember that we do use the fry daddy in the winter for hot wings on game day occasionally.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; June 23rd, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
June 23rd, 2011, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We really don't eat fried food.
Don't have a fryer.

Fried chicken in the oven every great once in a whole is as fried as it gets around here.
June 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only fry in the skillet when I DO fry....however...we dont eat fried foods often at all...especially now that dh has gallbladder issues.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really want to make homemade fries, but dh won't let me buy a deep fryer b/c we're fat enough apparently. I would also love one to make donuts!

Lucky mother to five!

June 24th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
I love fried foods, but I don't eat them often and I don't cook them for the family because of how bad they are for you.

June 28th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I make fried foods sometime but I use a heavy large pan. I received a fry daddy years ago but I just have too many kitchen gadgets.

I like to make fried dough because I am too cheap to make it. And eggplant. And sweet potato fries. And french fries. And onion rings. I'd say I fry about once a month.

Mom x 5

June 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We have a standard fryer but I use it mainly when it is just the little ones at home or when I am making fried zucchini. We tend to use it in waves though, since I grow zucchini it get's used at least 2 -3 times a month. I fry chicken in the oven cause the amount of chicken I need takes all day with the fryer. Otherwise it isn't used a lot.
June 29th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a fryer and don't do fried foods. Everyone once in a blue moon I'll do donuts or beignets...but I haven't done those in months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search