Being stuck in the vehicle

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure that you ladies have kids sitting within arms reach of each other. Do your kids torment each other on long trips? Mine not only push each other's buttons but with 3 across they touch, hit & kick. I even had a 4 yr old bite a 2 yr old one time . Is there just something wrong with my parenting ?

I have turned the car around before and I threaten to turn around and go home when they act up but sometimes that isn't really possible and we have to get wherever it is that we are going.

What am I doing wrong here?

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

July 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have three across the back row, and I cannot put N and E next to each other, and even the twins side by side is trouble. You're like me, four little kids close in age, doesn't matter what we do, they're always gonna scrap

Lucky mother to five!

July 11th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm leaving for a road trip w/o Dh and I decided to move the seats in order to split up the 3 across the back.

On my last solo road trip I actually thought the extra room from the stowed captain chair was a bonus, little did I know that trauma wounds were caused by sitting 3 across.

Anyway, the whole thing got me wondering how you ladies with more kids handle the 3 across thing.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

July 11th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only have four kids and I have some pretty big age gaps so I can always find two pairs that work well. If they were all close in age I can totally see how that would be hard.

Mom x 5

July 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
They are always one upping the other or hitting, biting, pulling hair. It's not you, it's boredom. I try to have only vehicle toys or activities, it helps a little and for me a little is enough.
July 12th, 2011, 04:13 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't let my boys sit next to eachother EVER on road trips. They are too close in age (6.5 and 8) and it NEVER works out for them to be next to each other. One goes in the very back and one in the middle row. Otherwise - I will be

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

July 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
I never drive alone with all of my kids because - well my van only seats 7 lol - but when I have my 7 and 9 yr olds next to each other its a nonstop battle whether its a 5 minute or 5 hour trip.

July 12th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids are all on close quarters in the car too. They really don't fight on actual rides but there is usually drama getting Into the vehicle.
I don't have tolerance for it, lol. I give them a warning and then heck, if they don't stop bickering/teasing/whatever they were doing, I'll unbuckle and have them all get back out. They have missed out on an outing or two like that so they know I'm serious.

Longer trips, not sure. Bring coring books and crayons, books, paper and stickers. Music or story tapes, do you have a VCR thing in the car so they can watch a movie? I know that helps us out in road trips.

Now that my oldest are 8&9, they take their ds's so that probBly helps too.
Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search