Brief updates?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2011, 06:44 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can everyone provide a short update from what your summer has been like? I haven't seen many posting, and I know everyone is busier in the summer. What's everyone doing???

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 3rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having a mostly great time. Dh has been able to be home more, so not only has it been easier on me having my partner, but we've also been able to do more stuff as a family.
Trying (and mostly failing ) to potty train my almost 4yo and my almost 2yo (their b'days are the end of this month) Hopeful that if I just stand firm and keep bugging them they will get the hang of it.
dd3 had her 2mo. well yesterday, she's growing really well.
Birth
6 pounds 13 ounces
19 inches long
Now
10 pounds 2 ounces
23 inches long
She is 75% for length and 25% for weight idr her head measurement, but that's in the 25th% too.
August 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a ten day old
dh decided that we're building a bigger deck, our current one is tiny
MIL leaves this weekend
dh is home until the end of August
no camping in immediate future
taking kids to McDuck's for supper tonight

Lucky mother to five!

August 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
this summer was busy: swimming lessons and movie days for wyatt and i; his sister getting born finally; helping my DIL look for a house; trying to keep sane! school starts next wednesday and although i am leery of the school, i am giving it a try while checking out a charter school that offers homeschooling.

~~terre~~
August 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I survived the first trimester and TX is having the second hottest summer on record and is on track to be the hottest by the time August is over. The kids have all been stuck inside and everyone has a touch of cabin fever. It's too hot to go swimming or to the park. We are all just keeping our fingers crossed that we get a break from this heat soon!

August 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Really haven't been doing anything, just hanging out at the house. The bigger kids have been going to playground daily at their school (it's free and they do some pretty cool stuff!)
We are two birthdays through birthday season, got Sydney's on Tuesday, then RJ's two weeks after that. School signup is Weds. Monday I am singing papers to have Sebastian evaluated for OT as well as the other therapies he gets. I guess I am more busy than I thought lol

August 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
BUSY!

Getting everything on order for my older two to head off to college, having all 3 of our vehicles needing repair work within days of each other. Luckily my oldest and I could do it all and saved us some major money. Getting things ready for my younger 3 to home school, plus getting out of my crappy internet service and setting up a new one..gonna pay the early termination fee. My oldest doc (he has learning disabilities and bi-polar) just up and quitting with no warning and my son being out of meds, took 8 hours to get him some but we did it. Then being told that I couldn't even try the ER until he was manic...yeah wasn't gonna let that happen. Re-arranging my tiny house to make home schooling work. The list goes on and I am tired
August 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we'll actually get to go camping this summer! Looks like we'll head to our friends' lake lot 2.5 hrs away for a week on Aug 15th!

Lucky mother to five!

August 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just the usual going on here. Dh is finally home, and when I say home, I mean back in the state, most of the time. He's actually in CO for the next 3 days. But he's only 3 hours away instead of 15. I have all the girls school work now and I just need to get their space ready. We have 3 birthdays coming up and we'll celebrate those on the 15th, along with a baby blessing. I used to do individual birthdays, but that's way to much work anymore! So, yeah. Around, just busy.

August 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are moving from Mississippi to Washington DC next week, and have been busy scouting out new places to live and doing other move prep work.
August 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
it's been raining most of the summer and I've been working alot.

We took a little trip to BC at the beginning of the summer. Kids first time there so it was nice
Calyssa and Jaden did a week long sports camp and Lily did a level of swimming lessons and now I"ve got all 3 of them taking swimming lessons this week.
We had a big party at the lake which ended up with my BIL getting drunk and causing a huge scene so now I"m not speaking with the inlaws who sided with him.
Hubby and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
August 13th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've also had a lot of rain here, but so far August has been nice!

Our big thing was my sister's wedding, 2 kids went to camp, 1 more went for a few days and got sick. We went camping for 4 days with my mom and inlaws, then camped for 9 days with our church and then a friend.
I am hoping that we will go to the zoo next week and see my sisters new place, the week after I really really really hope that the 7 of us will be able to sneak off for a 2 night camping trip. The kids keep busy with their horses all the time, my garden is actually doing good.
August 15th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Twins went to bible school this summer
Lots of trips to a nearby lake to swim
Took a Trip across state and stayed at Grandma & Grandpa's
Getting ready for preschool for the 3 oldest & family vacation to FL is coming up soon.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

August 15th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Busy! Canning and freezing have taken hold around here. We've been busy in the garden, enjoying the kids, raising some calves, and just stuff.

We are freezing corn today and than to inlaws for dinner. I'm about4-5 weeks from delivery of number9, and don't feel ready yet.

August 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love reading all these updates! We haven't been doing much, hanging out enjoying each other's company.

Mom x 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search