Do you do it?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Judge that is? We have all been judged for being a large family at one time or another.

What about the other side? Do you ever judge moms you see or meet? The kind of mom that makes you roll your eyes and think "oh she's one of those moms"

Fess up. Have you judged?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a pretty judgmental person in general. Can't help it lol. I don't say anything to anyone but DH though. I'm not the type to say something to someone's face.

August 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Yes I definitely do. I think the two types of Mom's that I tend to judge are the ones that treat their children like adults. ex: A friend of my step-sister's seems to think it is appropriate to teach a three year old about the tsunami and how it killed people and destroyed Japan. Um he is three why does he need to know that kind of thing? Let him be three!! And then Moms that don't believe in discipline and basically allow their kids to do whatever they want.
August 19th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Mama to 5 girls and 1 boy
Yes I can be but I do only talk about it to DH and I just choose not to associate with people I would judge
Karrara 11 01/11/05, Kaiah 9 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 8 01/12/08
Katara 4 02/10/12, Korra 2 1/2 10/10/13, Kannon 14mo 02/21/15
August 19th, 2011, 06:17 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Yes I totally am lol drives dh crazy

August 19th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I try very hard to. People who I may not seem to have a lot in common with on the surface, can actually end up being very relatable, likeable and even friends with. It is something the internet(mostly the March 09 PR) has taught me Some of us are very different on the surface but our love of our children strengthens the bond instead of pointing out our differences.

Examples in the LF room. If i saw Sharri in real life I would think - "Oh that woman is so pretty and thin and put together, she would never want to talk to me" and yes here we are, chatting.

Other example. If I knew FW only as a religious right winger I would think "We would never have anything in common, why bother?" But we do. We have life and love and family in common. We can both be snarky and witty and concerned and caring. We have more in common than I could ever imagine!

etc. etc.

Mom x 5

August 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmygirls View Post
Yes I can be but I do only talk about it to DH and I just choose not to associate with people I would judge

Yup, same here.
August 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I try not to be because I see some of the looks we've gotten when we're out with df's children but I do sometimes. Often it's parents who are ignoring their children and enforcing zero boundaries in public (especially when it's only one or two kids and the parent is clearly just too busy texting or talking to a friend) or it's parents who are overly aggressive and impatient with their children when their children are doing nothing but totally expected and age-appropriate behaviour.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HEY! I am not religious!

I have grown into being less judgmental. I have grown into just accepting that we are all trying to do the best we can. But I will admit that the big "bow" girls still get to me.
August 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post

Examples in the LF room. If i saw Sharri in real life I would think - "Oh that woman is so pretty and thin and put together, she would never want to talk to me" and yes here we are, chatting.

Ummm....really? Clearly you have never met me in real life. I am none of those things. Apparently, I just have you fooled.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll give everyone a chance but I have been known to judge.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think everyone makes snap judgements, I would even say it is normal so while I do do it. I am really good at trying to look at a bigger picture. If I see a mom out and their child is throwing a fit I will at first think "control your child" but give it a minute and I wonder if maybe the child is tired or mom is tired, maybe both are tired. I try to see that things aren't always what they appear to be.
August 20th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Regular
Me! Unfortunately the way my father raised us has meant that I tend to look down my nose at people who behave like they belong on the Jerry Springer show (trailer trash). And those who seem to think that discipline is for other people's children. It is really easy to judge from a distance, but if you get up close and personal it does change one's perspective and sometimes humbles me to realise that I've just judged someone incorrectly.

I do try my hardest to live by my late mothers adage which is to walk a mile in another's shoes before judging them - i don't always get it right tho!
August 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes! But only when it directly effects my kids...or is just plain stupid.

For example, I judge my sister for having too many kids. She's only on #4, but she can't handle the ones she has now. She lets them walk all over her. She's constantly complaining about how she can't handle her kids and how broke she is and then she has another. Her kids are just so....horrible. And anytime our kids are together, my kids see her kids misbehaving and then they do. It's takes me days to get my kids back to how they need to be. So aggravating.

And today, I was on a walk and I pass this house with a torn up front yard. There were sticks, rocks and holes everywhere. In the middle of the yard was a little boy, maybe near 3 years old, with no clothes or shoes on, just a diaper. And that diaper was sagging to his knees, no joke. It was sagging so far that from the road I could see the poop in his diaper. He was also alone. After I passed I heard his mom come out...she made sure he was still there and went back inside. It's just plain stupid to leave a kid outside alone like that...no shoes, no clothes, poopy diaper...ugh. I guess, at least she checked on him.

Not ever do I say anything to them. That wouldn't be nice ...I definitely complain to others, though. It just really bothers me to see the way others parent. I'm not saying I'm perfect at all...but common sense goes a long way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search