Anybody have a Nissan Quest or Toyota Sienna?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm pregnant with my 4th so I'll have all 4 in carseats. We know we will have our 5th within 2 years(by adoption)
We're wondering if 3 convertible(up to booster) carseats will fit next to each other in the back seat?
What year is your van?
September 5th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sent my hubby a text and asked him what has more seating room (space wise) we'll see what he says.

I have an odyssey (07) and that would probably work for you. Is there a reason you chose those two?

September 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a Nissan Quest. We cannot fit 2 carseats and a booster seat in the back without trouble. It is very cramped. Now you can fit 1 car seat and 2 boosters in the back seat! But if you are trying to put the 2 infant carseats or toddler carseats AND the boosters its a tight squeeze and a pain in the butt! If I were car shopping (or in this instance van shopping) I'd ask the dealership if I can try to put the carseats in the back and see if they fit in whatever model you are interested in. I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige you in order to make a sale!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

September 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Super Mommy
I had a Mercury Villager (similar to the Quest) and I could fit only 2 seats in the back and 2 in the middle. However, it was impossible to get to the kids in the back seat. Luckily, my kids are old enough now to buckle themselves in. We sold that van earlier this year. I really wanted a Sienna or Odyssey, but ended up settling on a Ford Windstar. It has the room we need and is much easier to move around in, but it has had nothing but problems since we bought it. If I can come up with the money, I will probably trade it in for a Sienna at some point.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
September 5th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband said he's a bigger fan of the Sienna if you have a choice, and I was about to come back and say that I'm sure they'd let you try to fit the seats in the back before buying (husband actually came up with that idea) lol. Of course he works at a Honda/Toyota etc place so he may be biased, but it seems that others have the same opinion to pass on the Quest.

September 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hubby had me ask about those two. Does anyone know if there is a mini-van that would fit 3 in the back? My oldest is pretty small so we don't know if he'd be in a booster by the time we have our 5th but for sure we'd have 4 in convertible seats.
September 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These car seats claim you are able to fit 3 across. Have not tried it myself.
Sunshine Kids Car Seats - Amazing Car Seat Sale Up to $60 off car seats & booster seats! Free Same Day Shipping
September 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
We have a Sienna. We can fit 3 booster seats in the back or a convertible and 2 boosters (very tightly). We have the 8 passenger model and honestly, there is more room in the middle row so I have the baby's carseat in the middle, a convertible behind the driver and a booster that we can move around in the other seat so the other kids can get in and out. The very back row we move booster seats in and out depending on who comes with me.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Last edited by 8miraclez; September 7th, 2011 at 07:53 PM.
September 9th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have three across the back of my Dodge Caravan.
I have in order across: Graco Nautilus, Radian XT, Britax Marathon

They seem to puzzle really well together. The Naut and Radian are very narrow and all three fit well. I wish I had three Radians across the back, they sit lower down, are more narrow, and are easier to load than the Marathon and Nauts.

Lucky mother to five!

September 9th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm out of the car seat stage (except for a booster) but, I do have a toyota sienna and I love it.
September 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Veteran
We have a Sienna. Right now we have two Graco snugride infant seats in the third row and there's barely enough space for a person to sit between them. I have Britax convertible seats and there's no way three would fit across the back. Maybe a smaller convertible would.
September 29th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Super Mommy
I have a Kia Sedona and I can tell you, while it is a great van, I could not fit 3 car seats in the back seat. We have 2 boosters back there and there is no way anyone could even sit in the other seat, let alone with a car seat. I've seen the Toyota Sienna and it looked like 3 seats would fit.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search