Dishwasher Questions

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you run your dishwasher?
What is the average life cycle of a dishwasher?

Mine is 7 years old and stopped working I think that seems early but wasn't sure if maybe with a slightly larger family I am taxing it more and that would make it wear more?

Thanks for any info!

Mom x 5

September 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine is running on average three times over two days-and I think 7 years sounds about right, but I'm not certain

Lucky mother to five!

September 16th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I Googled it, the average lifespan of a dishwasher is 10 years being ran 2-3 times a week.

I did the same for vacuum cleaners cause I go through them at least once a year and it doesn't matter how much I pay for them. I found it should last a lot longer if I only used it 1-2 times a week which is average. I vacuum 2-3 times a day LOL
September 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I run mine 3 times every 2 days too, and I've had it for 6 years, and hoping it doesn't die next year.

I've had ppl with big families tell me the same about their washer and dryer, because it gets used so much more than "average".
September 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
I Googled it, the average lifespan of a dishwasher is 10 years being ran 2-3 times a week.

I did the same for vacuum cleaners cause I go through them at least once a year and it doesn't matter how much I pay for them. I found it should last a lot longer if I only used it 1-2 times a week which is average. I vacuum 2-3 times a day LOL
Thanks for googling it. Average is 2-3 times a week? Wow! I used it once a day, twice a day a few times a month. I guess 7 wasn't so bad then. Still might try to take it apart first but we will see...

Thanks for the answers ladies!

Mom x 5

September 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Thanks for googling it. Average is 2-3 times a week? Wow! I used it once a day, twice a day a few times a month. I guess 7 wasn't so bad then. Still might try to take it apart first but we will see...

Thanks for the answers ladies!
Who use's a dishwasher 2-3 times a week? I thought the vacuum was odd but if you eat everyday you would assume a load would be done a day LOL.

Google it, there were a lot of things that people could do themselves, I don't ave a dishwasher...well I do, it's me, but I fix everything on my own and it is pretty easy usually. The only one that stumps me is the fridge.
September 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ours is about 10yrs old. I run it the same as everyone else 3 times every 2 days.

We have a Home Warranty still. Our house is 35 yrs old but when we bought it about 6 yrs ago the sellers had the home warranty package to entice buyers. We decided to just keep going with it after the 1 yr was up. I think it is $200 (ish) a year and well worth it. We call the 1-800 number about 5 times a year. Basically the appliance must be on fire for them to replace it but they will fix almost everything for $60. We have had them fix toliets, leaking pipes, dishwasher, AC, Furnace - multiple times.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

September 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours was only about 4 years old when it took a poop. It was an electrical problem, so we just threw it out for someone to take and scrap. DH got me another one from FC and it is pretty old already, but seems to be running like a champ! Of course even if it would only last me a year I wouldn't be sad for free!

September 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
I only wish we had a dishwasher. We do dishes the old-fashioned way, three to four times a day. It stinks!

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

September 26th, 2011, 01:26 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
I dont have a dishwasher either. well my mom does my dishes for me alot while she's babysitting when I'm at work lol. I hate not having a dishwasher but the house we bought 3 years ago didn't have one and DH hasn't gotten around to putting one in yet....and has no intentions of it any time soon.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search