Best Crock Pot for large families?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There has to be something bigger than what I'm using. It's not going to make the cut much longer.

(I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, lol)

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

September 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
http://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-5070...7397206&sr=8-5

I have that one. It's plenty big enough for meals for all of us, and Rob even has some leftovers to take to work most times.

September 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i just got this one last spring and love it. the fact that the l.id stays on for taking to pot luck meals is what sold me.

33162H Stay or Go 6 Quart Slow Cooker in Stainless Steel - product summary - Bing Shopping

~~terre~~
September 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those both look great. Thanks for the links!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

September 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
I have a crock with 2- 4- and 6-quart ceramics. It is Rival brand, I think. I like it, but don't use it as often. For one dish meals I'd still need two of them so I really only use it for meat or sides.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

October 1st, 2011, 01:03 AM
Regular
While we are on the subject (sort of), we call crockpots 'slow cookers' but it does the same thing. However, I've never had the guts to try a pressure cooker. I know they've come a long way over the years but still I've never bought one and I'm going on 39 this year. Anyone got any experience with them? I like the idea of a meal that only takes 30 minutes to cook and that's the tough cuts of meat!

Anyone find them better or more convenient than the slow cooker? I do find getting everything ready for the slow cooker the night before or first thing in the morning a bit hectic as our mornings are chaotic so I have to really plan ahead when I'm going to do a slow cooker meal.
October 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilamumto4 View Post
While we are on the subject (sort of), we call crockpots 'slow cookers' but it does the same thing. However, I've never had the guts to try a pressure cooker. I know they've come a long way over the years but still I've never bought one and I'm going on 39 this year. Anyone got any experience with them? I like the idea of a meal that only takes 30 minutes to cook and that's the tough cuts of meat!

Anyone find them better or more convenient than the slow cooker? I do find getting everything ready for the slow cooker the night before or first thing in the morning a bit hectic as our mornings are chaotic so I have to really plan ahead when I'm going to do a slow cooker meal.
We have 2 pressure cookers, one is pretty old school and was bought mainly for canning but I have never really used it. My husband use's a smaller (which is newer) one quite a bit, although not much lately, it's great for those cuts of meat that are a little on the tough side normally and cook it pretty fast. They are really safe, especially the newer ones, and really not that complicated. More older one is a little tougher to use but some of that is strictly the size of it.

As for slow cookers.....I have never come across one that is big enough, when the kids were little we could make it work but as they got older we needed to use 2. I don't use them often because of that or I use it when I know not everyone is gonna be home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search