Mom's of boys

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So Nate has been putting his hand down his pants at home. Today at school he told his therapist that he wanted to show her his pee pee and then wham - he had his pants down.

Is this a phase that some typical boys this age go through? A previous therapist a few years back told us that almost all of her autism boy clients did stuff like this and that we should expect Nate would do the same. I always thought it was a typical boy phase but becuz of the this previous therapist my Dh thinks it is due to autism.

Anyone can say it leans more one way than the other?

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't say it's typical of all boys because I've gotten pretty lucky with my two not doing that so far. However, a friend of mine has a boy that was always playing with his. She said that her pedi told her it was normal and it would pass.

Maybe the therapist meant that boys with autism were more likely to go through the phase rather than skip it.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

October 25th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old? My 3yo did that a lot. Still does and he is 4. But the one day that stuck out really funny was this:

him to older sister getting him dressed: want to see my penis?
her: no, thanks, I am good.
him: want to see it?
her: still no.
him: it's cute!
her: no.
him: want to see my butt?

I just know that sometime this will work on some county girl.

All 3 of the older boys went through a phase of "playing with it". Shoot, the DH can sometimes be caught holding on to it. I guess he thinks someone is going to come take it.
October 25th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan went thru a hands on pants phase last year, it passed with redirection--now its very, very rare

Lucky mother to five!

October 25th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
How old? My 3yo did that a lot. Still does and he is 4. But the one day that stuck out really funny was this:

him to older sister getting him dressed: want to see my penis?
her: no, thanks, I am good.
him: want to see it?
her: still no.
him: it's cute!
her: no.
him: want to see my butt?

I just know that sometime this will work on some county girl.

All 3 of the older boys went through a phase of "playing with it". Shoot, the DH can sometimes be caught holding on to it. I guess he thinks someone is going to come take it.

FW - You have a great knack for making me feel betting and making me
Oh, and he is 4.

Our Blog

Last edited by cnote; October 25th, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
October 25th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Oh my is it normal!. All of my boys have had some form of infatuation with their boy parts, my last boy took it to a whole new level!

Think Ted Bundy from Married With Children, there was barely a moment in the day where his hands weren't down his pants. For the longest time he had to think we had renamed him to "Quit play with yourself". It also wasn't unusual to see it poking out the top of his pants. There was on particular time that will forever be ingrained in my oldest DD's boyfriends head...

Aiden come's out of the bathroom and it goes something like this (mind you there are 7 other teens there)...

A-"Corey look"
Corey looks down and see's his penis
C-"Put it away dude"
A-"no"
Me-"Aiden put it away, no one wants to see it"
A-"Yes they do"
me-"no they don't. Do you see Corey walking around with his penis sticking out?"
A-"no, but he can"

At this point my house erupts in laughter, talk about encourage him! I can say he did out grow it for the most part. He is male after all and they do have a bit of love for those parts no matter what age the are.
C-"
October 26th, 2011, 08:33 AM
This happened TODAY!

#4 and 5 were playing with the baby. I said these are your big brothers, they will give you a hard time, but will protect you from all others. Then #5 says "yeah, you go for their weakness, the pickle." I said "what's that?" He points to his crotch. #4 says, "oh yeah, he has a lot of names for it, pickle, Pinocchio's nose..." I said "what, Pinocchio's nose?" and #5 says "yeah, because when you lie, it gets bigger!" I literally LOLed.

Then I walk into the living room and #6 (4yo) is sitting there with his hand in his pants.
October 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
This happened TODAY!

#4 and 5 were playing with the baby. I said these are your big brothers, they will give you a hard time, but will protect you from all others. Then #5 says "yeah, you go for their weakness, the pickle." I said "what's that?" He points to his crotch. #4 says, "oh yeah, he has a lot of names for it, pickle, Pinocchio's nose..." I said "what, Pinocchio's nose?" and #5 says "yeah, because when you lie, it gets bigger!" I literally LOLed.

Then I walk into the living room and #6 (4yo) is sitting there with his hand in his pants.

OMG the Pinocchio part has me cracking up! I can imagine telling a little boy that if he lies it will grow not having the same effect as the nose but I loved it!
October 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 3rd boy isn't really big enough to do any of that stuff, but we haven't had much problem with the older 2. The only thing that we had to deal with was all the peeing outside last summer. This summer they didn't do it, or I didn't see it at least lol.

October 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HA HA, these are funny!

DH taught my little guy to pee outside when they are back at the playground and now he wants to do it all the time - Oh joy!

Our Blog

October 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
haha yeah the biggest problem was that my girls thought they could use the bathroom outside then too.. It's hard to explain to them why they can't! lol

October 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
My older boys are 12, 8, and 7. My oldest has HFA. They all went through the time when they couldn't hardly keep their hands out of their pants (sometimes my 7yo still does).

I don't remember any issues with showing it off, though.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
What's HFA?
October 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
one of our twins is doing that stuff now and he is only just gonna turn two!!!!!!!! but in general, i think its a boy thing, not specific to autism.

and yeah, what is HFA?

ETA: i just thought it through and could it mean 'high functioning autism'?

~~terre~~
October 28th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What's HFA?
High-functioning autism

As for the hands in pants, I have a GIRL who is the biggest offender in our house.
October 30th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
High-functioning autism

As for the hands in pants, I have a GIRL who is the biggest offender in our house.
^^What she said

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
November 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boys have all gone through a "play with it" phase when they're 2-3 yrs old. My 5 yr old still can be caught doing it though, especially if he's sitting on the potty. They generally grow out of it. Luckily no one has tried to show it off though lol.

November 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
My boys all have been caught playing with them at one time or another but my middle son who also has Autism is the worst for showing it off and pulling it out. I think the thing with Autism is that because they tend to take everything literally if you tell them it is okay to touch their private parts they don't get what the difference between doing it in the privacy of their bedroom and whipping it out in the living room is.
November 8th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
My boys never did that, but I had friends with kids that did that. For them, it was just a phase.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search