How many times did you

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
move as a child?

How many times have you moved since having children?

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

October 31st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lived in the same house til I was 18. Rob and I have moved into 3 different places in the past 10 years.

October 31st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only moved once as a baby and I have no memory of it.

Since kids we moved 4 times. (My twins moved 4 times before they were even 2 yrs old)

Since DH and I have been together we moved something like 13 times including 6 different states. It's no wonder everything is so disorganized.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Last edited by cnote; October 31st, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
October 31st, 2011, 08:15 AM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
never as a child, always lived in the same house. I moved out when I was 6m pregnant with Cally, moved again when she was 6m old, again when she was 3 and J was a year and a half and then the last time when the kids were 5, 4, 14 months and I was 7m pregnant with Cole.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
October 31st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I moved once as a kid, but it was a biggie, from Holland to here.

We moved while we were getting our new house 6 years ago, but that was only for 3 months, so that hardly counts, since we were moving right back to the same spot.
November 1st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
never moved as a child, and this is our 2nd house with kids

Lucky mother to five!

November 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
I never moved when I was a kid, and my parents still live in the same house I grew up in

November 2nd, 2011, 11:41 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
As a kid... I don't even know how many times my parents moved before I started school. Quite a few - they were young. After I started school I remember 4 homes (one of which my parents still live in now - my 14yo brother has never moved), and I remember at least 4 more before that. I'm sure there were more.

Since we got married... let's see. (I have to count.) First home, MIL's, walnut, davis, jaska house, duplex, dixie, kyle, san antonio, and here. How many was that? 10! Well that's dandy. We've been married 10 years. LOL

But I had a 2yo when we married. So I have to add 2 more homes to that - my parents (which is the last one I lived in going to school, so at least there is overlap there!) and my first apartment. Unless you count living with my grandparents when I was pregnant.

Geesh. Thanks for making me think that out.

I have been praying for God to PLANT US somewhere for a few years now.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 3rd, 2011, 03:35 AM
Regular
Wow, I've moved 6 times with my parents. Then at 18 I left school and joined the Airforce so for 2 years I was basically 'out of commission' so to speak. Then from 20 until now (39), I've moved 18 times in 19 years!

My eldest daughter has moved 7 times, my ds1 has moved 6 times, ds2 3 times and dd2, twice!
November 3rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I moved 7 times as a kid.

I've moved 5 times in the past 8 years as an adult.

Military lifestyle, gotta love it!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 4th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We moved a lot when I was little. We lived in at least 8 homes... that I can remember. My mom worked for the school so I only went to 3 schools - the first was when my parents were married then when they divorced I went to one by the house we lived in and then she pulled some strings to get me put into the school she worked at and I went there till Jr. High.

Now my kids, ugh, I swore I wouldn't move them around but I haven't just moved them around the city, I've moved them around the COUNTRY! We have lived in 9 homes in 3 states and our oldest is on his 5th school in 5th grade. We are only renting now and live very far away from Dh's work so we plan to move closer to his work over summer and I promised my kids this is the LAST change of schools. We will stay in that school's area no matter what!

November 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I moved once as a child, and it was before I was a year old. After that I grew up in one home until I left for college...my parents still live there.

As an adult though all I have done is move. Eight homes in five states in the last nine years. Welcome to the military life!
November 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
We moved a few times as a kid but all in the same small town. We moved when I was 2, 9 and then when my parents divorced my Dad moved to an apartment when I was 14 and then bought a house when I was 15 that he still owns and my Mom moved from our family home to an apartment when I was 15 and then in with my now Step-Dad when I was 16 and has been there since.

Since moving in together my dh and I were in an apartment that we moved out of when DS1 was a month old and then we moved into a house until he was 11 months and then our landlord offered us one of his bigger houses to rent because we were expecting again. We lived there for only 6 months before we decided to move back in with my Dad to save for a house and we bought this place in 2006 and have been here since except for 6 months when we had to live with my Dad because I broke my hand requiring surgery and needed help that dh couldnt give me due to really irregular hours at his job.
November 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
I moved 7 times as a child, but spent the majority of my childhood in one place. Since having kids, I have moved 3 times.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
November 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We moved from one house, to the house next door when I was 3 or so. Then when I was 6 we moved to NH, didn't work out and we came back to our house in CT. I lived in an apartment when I was in high school. When Sapphire was a baby I had moved back home for a bit, then got an apartment, then moved into the house I started at when i was born It's the house we ended up buying.

Mom x 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search