I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2671Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2014, 12:00 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MTM, we expect to spend "some" money on it, but we are not car people AT ALL!! Sooooo, we need something super cheap that will consistently run. I guess my thinking is that yes, for $800, I didn't expect anything fabulous, but it IS a '98 also so that validated the cost for me. I would be more than happy to be totally upfront about why we were selling a particular car so I would only expect the same in return. I know not everyone does that, though.

Amira, creepy!! My hubby is gone a lot, too, so I always get nervous when the dog is barking in the night. He usually only does that when someone is outside.

UM, I like the name. No double A this time? You still have a little time to play with it. It sounds like you're convinced it's another girl.
AmiraX4 likes this.

New picture in progress......
March 8th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amira, that would scare me too! I get nervous when dh isn't around at night and always keep winston close by. He's a schnauzer and really good at alerting me to and out of the ordinary noises. I think the video surveillance is a good idea.
AmiraX4 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have a security system. It is not connected through a company anymore because that was an extra $75 a month that we didn't have, BUT it still works. I can still arm it, and if you open the door the alarm, or glass breaks the alarm goes off. Found this out when Sebastian was up one night and opened the front door. I don't think he would have left, but instead, maybe was looking for us because it was dark down here.
My other favorite part about it is that the lights go on if the alarm is triggered, and the lights also go out when I arm the alarm to go to bed AND they turn themselves on one hour before sun down, so there is automatically light in the living room.

We have two pretty big dogs too.
AmiraX4 likes this.

March 8th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my son is on his way to texas to hand off his dog to the original breeder. nero will be a pet to her now -- no breeding for him. such a shame but better than euthanizing him for a young dogs mistake. i cleaned up (not deep cleaned) the downstairs and made some sense of order. it will take me a while but i will get there.
mom2many2010 and AmiraX4 like this.

~~terre~~
March 8th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's nice that they are giving the dog a second chance in a home that will be better suited for him.

Love Elayna! Your confusing me by not spelling it with a double 'a', lol!

My kids all have family connections in their names. Milly's whole name represents 5 people! Lately I'm loving the names Sebastian and Willamena and Felicity (though the nn possibilities suck). It's not looking like I'll ever have to worry about choosing a name ever again though.

I sold a car for $500 once that really just needed a tune up, I think. It was old and had a ton of miles though so I couldn't predict how long it would last. I regret selling it. It was my first car.
AmiraX4 likes this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 8th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Half have your DD do what mine did.....find a boyfriend who knows cars lol. We can do most basic things and some not so basic but anything beyond that and we are ducks out of water.Amira....DOGS, best system out there lol.Welcome Sarah!Terre, glad your son could come up such a nice solution. Hows your grandson doin?UM I am also thrown off by the lack of a double a hahaI'm planning to watch Catching Fire tonight, I wanted to watch it last night but decided sleep sounded better.
AmiraX4 likes this.
March 8th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the name is sweet! But you do need another a in there. Long fun day in beautiful sunny Florida. Dropped 2&3 to do farm chores with a childhood friend. She paid them each $40. Then I went to bffs daughters baby shower. It was sweet and I had a nice time. I was hilarious if I do say so myself.
AmiraX4 and HalfDozen like this.
March 9th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to mention the aa thing but thought I must have missed something in my absence. I love schnauzers. I've always wanted one but I think my cats would terrorise any dog we got now, two of them are such bullies.Public holiday on Monday, woohoo. Moomba festival. I never realised how many festivals Melbourne jams into a few months until I started mentioning them on here. This should be the last for a while.
AmiraX4 likes this.
March 9th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy day light savings day lol! Hopefully these kids go to bed when they're supposed to still, even with it probably being light outside yet.

Just a boring sunday here, tomorrow we're going out for $1 burgers. It's so nice having a couple older kids so the DH and I can spend time alone more often. Kinda makes me not really want to have another baby because then I know I have to be stuck home til he/she sleeps through the night. Summer wouldn't be bad, because baby could come with us for walks and stuff.. I dunno. Definitely no more hormonal birth control for me though. I like to like sex and feel like a social person.
AmiraX4 likes this.

March 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear you in hormonal bc. It was awful for me too. We use natural fm, and pull n pray. We do pretty well with it, but I'd be ok if we did have an oops too. Last night we had a date night! We hadn't done that in so long. The restaurant was amazing. Pelipeli's, it's south African cousine. If yall have one near you, it's definitely worth trying! We went with our good friends who just had their first baby in October.

Schnauzer's are a very stubborn breed. I think you'd be surprised by how well the puppy stood up forjhimself. they require a firm hand at first, but once they learn the rules they definitely stick with them. Winston is so set, he won't poop without me watching. I think I potty trained him too well! Lol

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 9th, 2014, 01:06 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
ON the name subject of using family and such...ours is easy for each and every kid...they all have daddys first name even the girls. Its just how its done in our culture. makes middle names NO trouble.. ---------------------------------------- Sarah...Some african food is goood. Sounds like a good resturant. Never heard of it though. Date night is awesome glad you have a good time. ---------------------------------Have fun at the moomba fest Cybele.------------------------------------Repti I cant believe that a burger can be sold for a buck!! -------------------------------Doing last minute things here in preps for dh. Im giving 1 of his annv presents tonight and have done some slight changes in the house and 2 of the bathrooms since he left so cant wait to see his reacations. I just am sick of driving at night even with my glasses on I cant see good. SO glad its almost over with that..lloooll
March 9th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The pill had the opposite effect on me, which is how numbers 3, 4 and 5 came along (that and I was terrible at remembering to take it). I've been on depo for the past 5 years but I'm probably too underweight to actually get periods at the moment so I'm toying with going off and just getting my tubes tied anyway. I don't know. I don't know if we have a South African restaurant around us, I know we have many other African restaurants, but not South African specifically.
March 9th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm back and I am beat, but had such a great time on our ski trip, it was me skiing with 3 men. It would have been nice too to have another girl come ski, but I'm not complaining about having lunch and supper cooked. We got home friday and yesterday I went to a concert with my sister and spent the night there, so now I'm super ready to be in my own house, and get some good rest in my own bed.

Since the kids won't go to bed super early tonight anyways we're watching catching fire.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll have to go read back a bit.
March 9th, 2014, 05:18 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
two grandbabies on the way again.....
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 9th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Oh wow, UM! I took FW's advice a few months back, and every boyfriend #1 has had, I've told them both that them thinking it won't happen to them is not a valid excuse since we clearly see that our family has no trouble with fertility!

I'm probably a bad mom, but I want her to ask the doctor about birth control when she goes next week. A huge part of me says that's a bad idea. But then a bigger part of me says I am not ready for grandbabies, and she is definitely not ready to be a mother. I want her to be able to enjoy the rest of high school and all of college.

Hubby and I are finally, I think, going on a date night next weekend with friends. I don't think we've been out alone since about this time last year. We always have at least one kid with us, but mainly he's always working. The only part that sucks is I have to be the DD. I wouldn't drink anyhow, but I hate driving at night, especially all their drunk butts!!
UrbanMomma likes this.

March 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Same one UM who miscarried? Today Sam and Megan went shopping with me to Walmart, when we were passing the baby section (my weakness) I said "who's gonna give me grand babies?" Sam said the thought disgusted her, Megan said if they told me they were pregnant I'd flip a *****, true, but I'm certain the next day I'd be out buying baby clothes lolHalf, putting them on BC isn't giving them permission, it's just protecting them. They'll do it if they want. We just don't make it easy for it to happen Tore my kitchen apart and the stair area where we keep all of food storage. I threw out like 6 bags of crap..? I'm a closet hoarder.
March 9th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah, and I hate daylight savings - both times that it happens!! It messes with everyone's schedules in my house. I think we're past the point of needing it.
UrbanMomma likes this.

March 9th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way past the point! Plus this year it is moved up to this early part of March and last year it was pushed into November, so it was only changed 3 or 4 months ago? This is stupid. I have always hated it. Serious question here: #1 was telling all kinds of stuff last night about her boyfriends family. I'm decent friends with the mom, not bffs but more than acquaintances. My daughter was telling me that the boyfriends older brother is really dangerous. He has guns, lots of them, and he is weird. She said he pointed a loaded gun at his brothers friend at least once and an unloaded gun at her. So I said she wasn't going over there anymore, her bf can come here to visit. So she back peddled a little and said the brother isn't there very much anymore. She told me that all 3 kids are very secretive, their parents know nothing that any of them do. The mom thinks they are all perfect angels. And the two younger ones aren't bad, but the oldest has always been on my concern list. Do I talk to the mom? I think I should tell her about his mishandling of firearms at the very least.
March 10th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
FW, is there a chance that some of it is hearsay? Personally I'd leave it be until I have heard it come from more then one source. Even then it would depend on my relationship with the mother.

HD, putting your daughter's best interests first isn't being a bad mother. Most teens who want to have sex will have sex whether they are on the pill or not, goodness knows I was one of them, thinking I was invincible. I don't see anything wrong with taking precautions. Plus the whole timing periods to when you want to get them is a nice little perk.

I don't know when we go back to regular time here. Should be soon if you guys are in daylight savings.
March 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
As a mother I would wan to know, but our kids are not allowed to access ours without permission so we would know what they were doing with them at all times (most are in gun safes (yes, plural). That's a tough one. I do think is keep my child away from the house until I knew more.Daylight savings drivese crazy, now I have to walk the dogs in the morning in pitch black. Doesn't big me at night cause there's a kid or two to go with me but at 6/7 am there are no volunteers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search