I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2671Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Okay, FW did you just randomly throw out penis and vagina? I might have just thought you needed a nap lol

As for a bad parent, hell I'm sure plenty of people have thought my choices for my kids were bad. Whatever, proof is in the pudding and I think the 4 that have already set are doing pretty good, so I must not have been that bad.

Kaily wants to do the 4th again. She wasn't very happy to learn that it is over and only for one day.

My headache did go away after a nap at my MIL's house.

We got home last night to 2 of my dogs destroying the house. Trash everywhere, I knew I should have taken it out, my bad, and one doll has now gone to dolly heaven. Oh and they dang near pushed out a window, thankfully it was plexi-glass otherwise it would have been broken.
July 5th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were talking about personality differences between the kids. My sil asked if they are all different. I said "yes, they are but #4 is #1 with a penis." Meaning they are the same, but one is a boy, one is a girl. One of her kids was all "ummmmmm! That is a bad word". I said "no it isn't. And neither is vagina." If I had said dick, ****, schlong, or any variety of slang for vagina, I could see that being unsettling.
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
July 5th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Oh heck, there was nothing wrong with that. I'll never understand how parents think the actual terminology for a body part is wrong.
July 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
FW -- i would have probably said that same thing that same way you did.

watched fireworks last night with 4 of my 7 local babies. our friends have a house on the highest point in town with a view overlooking the city. we saw shows from several different cities in the distance plus our local show and all the illegal fireworks in the neighborhoods around where we were. it was fun!

came home to news that a very large show in the greater los angeles area went bad and fireworks shot sideways into the audience. much injury and confusion live on the tv news. so sad.

took the kids to see 'the lorax' yesterday for movie day. can't remember if i told you all. it was an adorable movie and the loved it.

so much housework to do today....did not sleep well last night so my motivation is not high.....

~~terre~~
July 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
So last night I went to bed thinking of these two girls. They were daughters of this woman my dad was with for a few years. I was 18 and the girls were 6&8 and then, plus a couple years while they were together. For some reason I was thinking of them last night but couldn't remember the older girls name or their last name at all. It came to me this morning so I did a quick fb search and found the younger girl easily. Her stuff was all open and I could read everything, but couldn't post or send her a message. In her notes I read some stuff that makes me think her mom has died. Weird.
July 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the mail brought me another letter!! this time from the adoption agency that handled my mom's adoption. it totally verifies (without actually saying her name) that the lady i found is her mother. now i am trying to figure out the father. i am so excited!!! it means that my mother has 2 sisters and one brother on her mothers side. who knows if her father went on to have more children.
#5in2005 and Jenilope like this.

~~terre~~
July 5th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW, maybe it was a sign to reach out to them...?

Terre, my mom has 3 'evil'-half sisters from her dad. "That man" as my grandma called him never had anything to do with my mom once him and my grandma divorced. He did stay involved in the other girls lives though. About 5 years ago my mom found her dad, he of course apologized for not being in her life...yadda, yadda. The sisters still have nothing to do with my mom. The dad has since passed and they have ignored all attempts by my mom. She of course was hurt, but has just moved on from it. It's a long story, one I didn't even learn until about 15 years ago cause my grandma never talked about it other then to call him "That Man" lol
July 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I really thought so too, but there isn't a contact. No way to click to send her a message. My sister looked her up too, so maybe she will find a way to contact her. Also, they are in the same city.
July 6th, 2013, 06:59 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad you got some information, Terre.

My van isn't running good. It dies in traffic and at most stop lights. I can't really drive anywhere without dh now, because when it dies the battery cable has to be wiggled while you try to restart it. So I am stuck at home waching him cut hair all day. Ohhh fun.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 6th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hope your sister finds the 'friend' button FW.

UM, is it the battery cables? My van did the same thing, not in traffic though and that's all it was.

I'm tired and have a ton to get done, but first I need to get some coffee in me.
July 6th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Making everyone clean up. We leave in an hour to pick up our exchange student!
July 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Dh took all the kids blueberry picking yesterday. they loved it. So blueberry smoothies today it is! I think I will turn some of it into my style icecream which basically is just the smoothie with a little bit of cream added.

Will try and get the bassinet set up today and then plan a nice dinner for me and DH.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
July 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I think the battery cable is part of it, but it has another issue too, and that is either a MAP sensor or a vacuum hose, according to the codes. We have put so much money into it already, and its just frustrating now.

Blueberry smoothies sound good.

Have fun with the exchange student.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 6th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
FW, sorry there was so much drama, I would have been surprised to hear penis or vagina were "bad words" too! And how exciting to pick up the exchange student today--hope it's a great fit!

And babies can't just wear onesies without having bad parents? I let mine run around in undies or diapers when it's hot! And whenever we have tomato soup or spaghetti the little kids all are at least topless! I must have (happily) missed that post in our DDC, UM!

MIL--the fireworks show sounds fun! Sounds like you had a great view. Matilda turned 5 on the 4th and I fell asleep before the fireworks so she watched them from the 3rd floor windows with Daddy. Thank goodness she's never seen a real fireworks show in person so she was pretty impressed with what she was able to see through the trees!

Amira--blueberry smoothies sound great! Yum! I need to get some more fresh peaches here, but my husband and my 2nd daughter love blueberries more than any other fruit!

Have any of you ever tried an abdominal binder after delivery? I've had some bad lower back pain for about 3-4 weeks after each of my deliveries and just feeling like my core is unstable, and I started looking into suggestions to help with that and I saw some people saying that a binder helps support your back while your muscles heal, but others saying that the binder is a crutch and will cause your muscles to heal more slowly because it does the support work for you. I'd love to hear what you thought of it if you tried it.

July 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't, but my mom told me that was the norm back in the day.

ARG.

We are going on a roadtrip in a few weeks, and part of the reason why we planned the trip the way we have is so that we could spend a few days with dh's brother and family, we rarely see them, and we've never taken the kids there.

Today fil tells dh they'll be there then too.

ARG. We are there for the weekend. We planned it AGES ago. I want their kid to be a "cousin" for those few days and not a "grandchild" if you know what I mean. So out of the 2 days in our entire lives that we have chosen to be there my inlaws have to visit too. Dh just wants to visit with his brother because when his dad is around he hijacks the conversation. We haven't seen his brother in a few years, so it's not like we visit them often.

Penis and Vagina!!!! (I just wanted to say some "bad words")
July 6th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish the witch hunt for bad mothers trend would just die. Moms are stressed out enough yet want to make it worse for themselves by trying to one up each other and point fingers. It's never made sense to me.

So...the tire to my van fell off while I was driving Thursday night. We were extremely lucky and no one was hurt. The way it worked out was a miracle, really.
Remember when I was talking about dh fixing it and how I was worried because everytime he 'fixes' something it usually costs me more money? Yeah...well...the curse continues...

ETA: I just realized mine isn't even in a shirt in her pic, lol! Suck on that, witch hunters!!
Jenilope and HalfDozen like this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

July 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Hahaha!

A good mother wouldn't just let the tire fall off.
July 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I see baby boobies, as Kailyn would say.

Glad everyone was okay, that had to be scary!

Jenilope, I've never tried it but have heard the same reviews as you.
July 6th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Momtothe6th--I LOVE that shirtless baby pic in your profile, I've smiled every time I've seen it--too cute! <3

July 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know how Catholics dress? Our student expressed interest in going to our local Catholic Church tomorrow so I said ok! Why not? But I don't have any clothes. Neither do my kids, but I can leave them home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search