How many friends/family members do you know with large families?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you have other friends and family with large families or do you feel all on your own?

My sister has 7 kids, so 2 more than me. And I have one other friend with a large family and she has 5 kids. Other than that, I don't know anyone else with a large family. Most of my friends have 2 or 3 kids.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***
November 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There is a family with six at the younger kids school, and my in-laws had four, which isn't huge but I was an only child so it's big to me, haha.
November 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have lots. Here in my town there are families with 9,6,4,7. One lady has 13, but I don't like her. The next town over there are bunches. My closest friends have 5,4,6 and pg with #8. My mentor mom friends have 11,7,9,10. Then there are my internet friends here. My sil has quads, but we don't have much of a relationship beside saying hi on thanksgiving. In fact, I need to start thinking of things to say to bother here when we go this month. Like we are doing cabaret, I'm pg (if I am), and #1 has a boyfriend.
jessmgt likes this.
November 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
hmmmm..... none. My only irl friend has one and can't get pregnant again as hard as she tries.

Well, my dads sister has 8, but I never talk to my dads side of the fam.

My grandma had 6 and her sisters had 5 and 11.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
November 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Most of my family and friends have big families. With exception to MY brothers and sister. With so far both of my brothers have ZERO and my older brother ( older than all of us ) his wife is unable to have kids, my sister has one!

So my Father and Mother and very happy that I have given them 8!!

My closest friends have at least 4. and my dh's side of family have very large families!
November 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My sister has 10, but lives in a different state the I do.

None of my friends have large families.

I live in Idaho, large families are pretty normal. We have a finicky here that has like 12 kids. I don't know them but I know some of the kids.
November 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My dad's parents had 5, and I have one cousin on that side who has 5 also. I'm one of 4. Otherwise, they're all pretty much 2-3. One of my sisters has 3, but she will have at least one more, and another sister who has 3 is thinking of adoption.

New picture in progress......
November 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM
#6 otw for us:)
Well, I have a girlfriend who has my same family make up(2 mine, 2 yours, and one ours) but since we have another otw it will be a bit different, however her kids other parent is around for the kids(all 4 that they don't have together) which is very different that mine. My kids have one Mami and one Papi and very rarely if ever talk to their other parent, so it feels to us that they are all ours regardless of blood ties.
but back to the question, we are it, aside from my one gf. Dh has a large family but they are in Mexico and so far away its hard to stay close
In our neighborhood and in all the kidos schools we are the odd ones out as a rule, most families here have 3 kids Max...
its sad really, I was the only child between my mom and dad, I was so **** lonely so much I swore I would never do that to my child/ren! My dad is the oldest of 7, and although is was a seriously broke childhood they were NEVER alone. Id rather have a houseful and struggle with money than havoc only one child and be filthy rich!!!!
November 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On my husband's side, we are the only ones to have more than 2 or 3. Other than his Aunt and Uncle who had five. But out of his siblings, we have the only large family.

On my side, my brother and his wife are expecting number 4. My sister has 3, and my other 2 brothers have 2 each.

In my circle of friends I have one friend who has 6, another friend expecting number 4 any day now (but makes for 5 kids in their home), and the rest of my friends have 2-3 kids. Or none.

November 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmong families are pretty common here, so there are a lot that I know of, but none that are really friends. The closest to people I *know* is one of Noah's friends who has 10 total kids in his family. There is really no time where they are all with mom at the same time though because there are lots of different dads. There is also a boy RJ's age, and girls Sydney's age (twins) so I guess not just Noah's friend's family. AND Rob works with a guy who has 5 kids.

November 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
2 of my brothers have 4 and 5 kids, bbf has 4, which seems to be somewhat of the norm in our circle. I have one friend that has 7.
November 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dad's parents had 6. My sister in law has 4 of her own, her sister has 3 and 1 step daughter.

I have a friend with 5 and another friend with 7. I think that's it. Oh, I know one lady with 4 but we aren't really friends.
November 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
We know about a dozen families personally who have 6-11 kids.

My dh is the 2nd of 11 kiddos but most of his sibs have 2-4 kids and are done (he has 3 sibs who still live at home) .

Last edited by kellyowens; November 11th, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
November 14th, 2013, 09:50 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't know many. I am a single mom with 4 kids most of the time (which is changing) and people tell me all the time they don't know how I do it. It is a funny statement.

I only know many 2 or 3 moms that have the same amount.
November 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
One friend has 6 (1 his, 3 hers, 2 theirs). Another friend is expecting #4. A few acquaintances have around 4 or 5, but for the most part, people around here seem to think more than two is weird.
November 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Two of my closest friends have 6-7 kids and I have several friends with 4 kids. Here in TX it isn't uncommon to have a large family.

November 22nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anyone around here that has a large family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search