Log In Sign Up

My Birth Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Coast Florida
Posts: 11,757
It all started on January 6 when I had a doctor's appointment to check on my sugars because I had gestational diabetes. I did the usual pee in a cup, check my weight, and my blood pressure. Well I gained 7 pounds in 4 days, my blood pressure was up, and I tested positive for protein in my urine, I was very upset. My doctor told us to go to the hospital to be monitored. They did the usual for a pregnant women, took my pee, blood,and put the annoying baby heart monitors and contraction monitors on, the baby looked great and no contractions. An hour later the took me downstairs to get an ultrasound done. The baby looked great, head down, and weighed around 7 pounds. After that I went back upstairs to find that my test results came back. My blood was good but my pee wasn't. Protein came back again so my doctor said I had to stay overnight to do a 24 hour urine test. Which I had to pee in a jug the whole time. The whole time my blood pressure was up and down and they took my blood every so often. I hated the stupid monitors and the blood pressure cuff. It went off every 2 hours so forget about sleep. I slept on and off all right, I either kept getting hot or cold. So now its January 7, I had to wait till 1:00 to get my pee taken away or testing, it came back around 2-3 pm. Protein in your urine should be under 300, mine was 1600. My doctor came in and said he wants to induce labor. The reactions on our faces was priceless. I mean I was only 36 weeks, I have nothing ready at home, my friend was flying in from Chicago that night, and my baby shower was Saturday. So around 6 pm that night they inserted cervadil. I had that thing inside me for 4 long hours. From the time she put it in and took it out I was in a lot of burning pain; I made her take it out! So she calls my doctor and I oped for a c-section; so that was the plan. My friend gets to my room around 11:30 and I was excited to see her but sad because I was cooped up in the hospital. She wanted to see my belly so I got up and she said whoa your huge, thanks girl lol. She stayed with me that night. I slept kind of good that night, so we woke up around 6:30, cleaned up a little big. I gathered my stuff in my bags since I knew I was going to give birth sometime that day. Around 8:00 am the nurse came in and said my c-section is at 1:00. Soon as she said that I was scared as hell. So about 8:30 my mom, dad, sister, her bf, and Brian (DH) came by the hospital. I told them I was going to have the baby at 1:00. DH was getting really nervous at that point. Until 1:00 we just talked and I cried every hour that it got closer to time. We all decided my mom going in with me bcuz I didn't think DH (Brian) can handle it, I didn't want him passing out. So they came in and got me at 1:15 as I was walking out the door I started crying. As I was walking to the OR all I can think of is what is about to happen. I get in there I sit on the table and the anesthesiologist comes in and tells me what he is going to do. So he inserts the needle but then he said he has the wrong needle and gets another, After 5 min he finally gets it and I sudden feel a jolt of numbness in my legs. They laid me down and waiting till I was completely numb which took less than 5 min. It was weird bcuz I couldn't feel my butt. I thought I was moving my toes but I wasn't. Finally my mom comes in and I ask did they start and they said we started 10 min ago, I'm like wow. So from now until they said heres the head I felt tons of pulling, tugging, and pressure. Then my doctor said the head is out, come and look grandma. My mom looked and said shes almost here! (Later she tells me she saw my "guts" just laying there, ew) at 1:39 pm January 8, 2009 my beautiful daughter entered the world. Everyone in the room yelled "its a girl". They look her to the side cleaned her and such. 5 min later while I was being put back together, the nurse showed her to me and I just cried and thought OMG she is mine. Finally my mom brought her to me to see, I didn't want to try to hold her bcuz I was shaking like crazy. So I'm all done and they
me back to labor and delivery part bcuz post postpartum was full. I told my mom to go get Brian, he comes in kisses me and goes to see his new daughter. He was really nervous but happy. Soon after that every time I opened my eyes the room was spinning, that lasted until about 8:00 pm, I don't really remember between the hours of 2 pm and 8 pm that day. I know people was making fun of me bcuz I kept itching my face, I guess from the spinal it makes you itch. About 8:00 that night I was finally moved into post postpartum, I hated the room bcuz it was small! The dizziness was gone but I was lightheaded. So everyone left but Brian, it was kinda weird being left alone with our new daughter, it was hard to believe. The hospital I gave birth at play a lullaby on the loud speaker when a baby is born so I asked if they played one for me, he said they played one but he and my family didn't know it was for me; I asked what time you think it was, he said around 1:30, I'm like hello that was for me. Since I couldn't get up Brian did all the work for me. I think I went online and put 2 pics up on myspace. Then we went to bed. Friday January 9 was uneventful, my family came up and such. I finally got to get out of bed that evening. I had to wait until the spinal wore off. I didnt like it the 1st time, I had no undies on so it was weird. Once I got up I felt all the blood come down, ew! I go into the bathroom to pee for the 1st time bcuz of the catheter, I bleed on the floor bcuz I wasnt fast enough, oops. Felt good peeing on my own but ouch. My friend from Illinois that was there spent the night at the hospital with me, yet again someone helped me with the baby. It hurt so bad to get up and move. With those crappy beds I had trouble getting out and in and even walking hurt. On January 10 Elizabeth's doctor's partner came in and looked her over and she got released. She passed all the tests bcuz she failed one hearing test but passed that day. Later that day my doctors partner came in and released me. That day was also my baby shower so since I was in the hospital it was there. Well 3 freaking people showed up!! I litterly cried to my mom, I was very upset. I still got tons of gifts and even gifts waiting for me at home. Everyone left around 5 pm and I said ok lets get the hell outta here now. It look 25 min to pack all my stuff up. Have to remember I was in the hospital for 5 days!!! Saturday night was just me resting, getting my room together, washing clothes, putting stuff away. Remember I didnt know she was going to be early. Sunday January 11 was an ok day, I did the same things washing and putting stuff away. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon I noticed my feet and even my legs got really swollen, so I called my doctor and he said to the ER! I get there and my blood pressure wa 160/110, they kept taking my BP and it wasn't really going down. They gave me a shot of this blood pressure meds and it went down a little bit. My urine came back with protein in it again so crap I'm admitted. That night I get a catheter in again and without being numb, OUCh!! and I was given magnesium sulfate to get my BP down, I had to have that for 24 hours! Every 3 hours they took my blood and they book my blood pressure every 15 min. After a few hours on it I was getting really groggy! I slept ok that night, Brian spent the night with me. Monday January 12 that day was me sleeping on and off. Tuesday January 13 at 8 am I got that mag off, thank God! That stuff made me groggy and super lightheaded. 3 nurses had to help me get up, it took me 10 min. I finally get to the bathroom my legs was so shaky I fell onto the toilet. I know I smelled bad! The bleeding didn't help, so I waited till I got home to shower. Around 1:40 pm I was released for the last time. That is my whole story, I had to re-do this nowthat I'm remembering lol. I remember I had some really mean nurses, makes me want to be on so some ladies can get

nice ones!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0