baby update

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I couldn't figure out how to post pictures on here - but could get them onto my myspace page. This link should take you right to the photos (hopefully) There are only a couple, but I hope to add more soon.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...iendID=81540946

Baby Updates:
So far things are going well. Arianna decided she didn't want us to leave on Monday - her belly was distended and the attending doctor wanted her looked at by a sergon (spelling?). They were worried she might have had a perferated intestine - a common, but dangerous complication for a premie especially one with her inutero issues. So we stayed tuesday night while they x-rayed and reviewed her every three hours. The staff was kind enough to even let us stay in a hospital room for the night! She has been fine since, no perferations occurred and they were able to get the irritation taken care of so her tummy has gone back to normal. She is doing well now. Serenity has been living up to her name - she is just doing what she is supposed to and is even starting to "fill out" a little so she doesn't look quite as bony as she did. She is having some difficulty breathing so has been on and off the ventilators - she has only needed to be ventilated at low pressures and for short times - the rest has been on her own. They have their first outfit. Another mom with twins in the NICU donated matching premie outfits that her girls were never able to wear (her girls were too big for them) - they will be perfect for the girls! When they are three pounds they can wear clothes. Both girls are getting a pic line today which allows the doctors/nurses to administer medicines, draw blood, and give nurtrients through one line instead of constantly sticking them. Once this gets put in the girls will have the current lines in their belly buttons removed and we should be able to hold them for the first time! I did get to change Serenit'ys diaper for the first time yesterday. She is so tiny it reminded me of the little dolls I had as a kid! The diapers are itty bitty - I stole one to put in their baby book.

April 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
they are gorgeous!!! I just want to kiss them.

April 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
so cute, congrats

April 3rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Jill! I'm happy to hear that they are both doing well!

( i don't have myspace so was unable to view the pictures, but I'm sure they are adorable!)

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
April 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww, I also don't have myspace...

I am so glad to hear that they are doing well. They are doing great for how early they were born. Good going and good luck with the pumping!

]
April 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
They are beautiful!
April 7th, 2008, 12:06 PM
mighttyjomomma
Jill they are just SO beautiful, congrats!! How are they doing now??
April 9th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Just an update on my girls - They are doing very well (knock on wood). Serenity is breathing on her own using a canula (or candula - I'm not sure how to pronounce or spell it), a little tube that puts oxygen in her nose. She still has a heart murmur so she is on a second round of medicine to close that valve between the heart and lungs. She is recieving caffine (just what I need, kids on coffee!) to stimulate her nerves - aparently it helps with heart rate and breathing. She is currently getting 4cc of breastmilk every six hours and doing well with it. She was being raised 1cc every 12 hours, but stopped at 4cc when they started the heart medicine (the meds can upset their tummy). We have been able to hold her once a day for the last five days - it is great to have her in my arms! Arianna is doing equally well. She is still on a ventilator, but breathing mostly on her own since the ventilator is on the lowest possible settings. They want to try to get her off the ventilator, but when she falls deep asleep she will stop breathing (that's when the ventilator kicks in) so until that stops hapening she has to stay on the ventilator. She too is on caffine to stimulate things. Her heart murmur seems to be gone (horay!) so she is just being monitored for now. She has also started getting breastmilk - 1cc every six hours; so far she is doing just fine with that too. We got to hold her for the first time yesterday. I held her yesterday and her daddy got to hold her for the first time today. I was exstatic that I could finally hold her! The nurses are going to try and have Serenity's monitors flip floped so we can be next to each other when we hold the girls - we may have the chance to get our first family photo! The nurse also told us tonight that the girls may be moved to the next room. Apparently they get moved up by how well they're doing. Since the girls aren't "new" babies anymore and they are doing so well, they will most likely be moved. We feel so blessed that the girls are doing so well. I have my fingers crossed that things will continue this way!

PS - Someone needs to explain how to post pictures on here so I can let everyone see the girls. I can't seem to figure it out on my own!

April 10th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
I just have to say that your girls are too cute! Yay for getting to hold them!

As for pictures, you need to upload them to a photo hosting service (Photobucket or something like that) and then use the IMG code under the picture to post it here. HTH!

Visit my blog

</div>
April 18th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Quote:
I just have to say that your girls are too cute! Yay for getting to hold them!

As for pictures, you need to upload them to a photo hosting service (Photobucket or something like that) and then use the IMG code under the picture to post it here. HTH![/b]
Thanks! I will try to get the pictures on here as soon as I can get a few minutes to play!

Another update: The girls are three weeks (time has flown by and creeped by all at the same time). Arianna was off the vent for seven hours yesterday (her first try) but she got too tired and had to be put back on. I watched as her heart rate dropped over and over again - it was sooo scary! When we left yesterday though she was doing just fine. They are still incressing Arianna's feedings - she is now up to 10cc's every three hours. Serenity is defying all odds (the doctor told me that she is not the norm and that it is ok for Arianna to not be where her sister is). She is on full feeds now, 26cc of breast milk with fortifiers added. She is also on the low flow canula - she loves being able to turn her head when ever she wants too! She has outgrown the littlest diapers and is in the next size up. Her heart valve is still open though, but so far it isn't giving her any trouble, so the cardiologist is just watching her - they are hopeful that it will close on its own. Arianna now weighs 1lb 15oz and Serenity has reached 3lbs.

April 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
mighttyjomomma
Wow, it sounds like they are certainly doing well! I pray Arianna can come off the vent for good soon, but you definitely don't want to rush it! Are you going to be able to breastfeed Serenity anytime soon? I'm so excited to hear they are thriving, way to go girls!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search