appt today...yikes!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm measuring 29 weeks and have now officially gained more weight than in any other pregnancy. How I've gained that much I have no idea because I'm still so nauseous I can't eat a lot of anything so my daily diet consists of a yogurt, tuna fish, cereal and milk. Am I going to give birth to two 10 lb babies???

My OB spent a LONG time going over the pros and cons of a Level II u/s and it was finally decided that I will get a regular u/s in her office and then if something shows up that is questionable she will send me for a Level II. Does that sound normal? I'm fine with not driving 1.5 hours for a Level II but at the same time I've not heard of many twin mamas who didn't get an Level II as standard procedure.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
June 17th, 2011, 03:27 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a level II at my 20 week anatomy scan as standard procedure, but I only had to drive half an hour. I think your plan probably sounds fine. Good luck!

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

June 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't honestly know what kinds I had. no one ever mentioned different levels. I had 2 u/s's with the MFM that were very detailed and were probably a level 2. The MFM was actually closer to my house than my OB though, so again, there was no issue of driving forever. I think the plan sounds good though. After all if there is anything that looks unusual they will refer you.
A lot of twin moms I know see an MFM their entire pregnancy. My OB had me only see the MFM twice. When they didn't find any major issues, my OB said he would prefer I see him and if any issues developed, they could always refer me back to the MFM again. I was happy with that, because I loved my OB and wasn't all that thrilled with the MFM.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 17th, 2011, 03:52 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
All my u/s's were done by my Peri. If it were me I would drive, but that is just need. I always had almost an hour drive anyway, but then it takes that long to get anywhere in Houston so and hour and a half is nothing to me.

June 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what would be the cons of a level II u/s?

I have them at the peri once a month and was so glad that I did. I had quick u/s at the OB's office just to check heart beats.

June 17th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
what would be the cons of a level II u/s?
My OB gave me the worst case scenario which would be worry over something that wasn't really there. She, for example, was told her 2nd dd had a physical deformity when really her baby was fine. Because of that she strongly advises her clients to think carefully before casually having testing whether it be an u/s or bloodwork.

Because of the situation we are in (no Level II/III nursery) I am a bit more concerned with the babies' health. If there is a concern I want to know so we can plan a delivery in Phoenix in a hospital set up for such things. Hopefully the standard u/s next week will be thorough enough and will show nothing of concern.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
June 18th, 2011, 04:49 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
But are they going to be checking all the organs and make sure everything looks okay? Also, taking measurements etc?

June 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Regular
I am going for my Level II tomorrow with MFM. Maybe it is because of my AMA (I so hate that!!!) but I feel like the more information the better--especially since we aren't planning to do an amnio.

I say whatever feels most comfortable to you (don't let your OB push you because of their personal experience)--certainly I have heard of people getting false alarms...but for me the potential for reassurance pushes me to want to know whatever I can without being too invasive. (Hopefully that won't backfire on me tomorrow!!)

Plus, I have a hematoma, so I am wanting to get a really good look at it, as well as the twins to make sure everything is going ok.

Oh, and measuring 29 weeks!? Sounds perfect..I was told that twins measure about 10 weeks ahead..I am measuring 28 weeks myself (at 18 weeks along). But, I am jealous that you are gaining weight easily. I have only gained about 8 lbs and I swear, most of that was last week!! I seriously put on 3-4 lbs in one week alone...But the books say you should gain more with twins, so kudos to you.

Expecting twins! EDD 11/11
June 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
But are they going to be checking all the organs and make sure everything looks okay? Also, taking measurements etc?
Oh, yes! The u/s will be as thorough as can be and if something shows that is concerning I can head to the Valley.

I'm torn between wanting as much information as possible and wanting to "play ostrich" and keep thinking everything will be just fine, no worries. But then I'm still in denial that I'm having twins, lol.

Quote:
Plus, I have a hematoma, so I am wanting to get a really good look at it, as well as the twins to make sure everything is going ok.
I had that at the beginning of this pregnancy and it was really worrisome! I had u/s every week until it resolved itself.

June 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got my level II at my 20 week, and every 2-3 weeks thereafter (I am high risk with one baby, let alone 2!).
June 22nd, 2011, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
I have my level 2 today! I've had u/s every 2 weeks with my MFM since 13 weeks though.. apparently something about my identicals is risky so they are monitoring me closing, first it was for twin to twin and now it's their growth (they are both the same size just apparently smaller than they should be?)

I'm glad i'm getting them every 2 weeks, it eases my mind so much because I feel like all i'm doing is worrying :-/

June 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
[QUOTE=
Oh, and measuring 29 weeks!? Sounds perfect..I was told that twins measure about 10 weeks ahead..I am measuring 28 weeks myself (at 18 weeks along). But, I am jealous that you are gaining weight easily. I have only gained about 8 lbs and I swear, most of that was last week!! I seriously put on 3-4 lbs in one week alone...But the books say you should gain more with twins, so kudos to you.[/QUOTE]

I didn't gain any weight until I was about 23ish weeks. Don't worry about your weight as long as your babies are healthy! I gained somewhere between 40-45 lbs. The majority of that happened in the last 6 weeks and was mostly water.

June 22nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Regular
Jenny--Thanks for the reassurance regarding weight gain (or lack thereof)!!

And, I had my Level II today and all went well!! Both babies measuring great (although Baby Boy is a full week ahead!)

Expecting twins! EDD 11/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search