Expecting Moms Check-In

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
username:
first name:
due date:
genders if known:

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery?

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive?

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples?

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!)

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Looks like this got missed last week!

November 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
username: abwright17
first name: Ashley
due date: 4-11-12
genders if known: G/G

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? I have 19 to 22 weeks left, HOPEFULLY! I hoping for a vag delivery but Im ok with a c/s if that's whats best for the babies.

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? Just being able to see them.

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? I think breastfeeding and getting them on the same schedule.

What one item are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!) UGH storller. Its been the hardest item to find that i like and can afford.
November 14th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
username: Owensmom
first name: Christina
due date: May 7, 2012 is 40 weeks - Is that how everyone else gives their due date? I feel like i'm lying when I say that b/c I KNOW they wont make it to May...
genders if known: Don't know yet! Maybe we will find out next week at our 16 week scan.

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? A long *** time! Like 22 more weeks tops. (that would be 38 weeks) I am hoping like crazy for a vag delivery, but will take a c section if that's what is best for the babies.

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? I'm not sure, seeing them I guess and seeing how our son reacts to them.

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? nursing both, being able to give them each one-on-one time with me, neglecting my son because the babies are too time consuming

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!) I was going to say crib until I read Ashley's post - definately a double stroller! we are thinking of just doing a snap n go for the first summer, and then getting them a double or a triple stroller after they outgrow their carseats. but there are so many choices!!
November 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks ladies!

Yep, due date at 40 weeks. Even though 37 weeks is touted as "full term" with twins, it's not really because they are fully developed by then - they develop just like their singleton peers do for the most part - but it's more like that is a fantastic goal and if they can bake at least that long there shouldn't be many (if any) prematurity concerns.

From everything I'd read, I fully expected to deliver earlier than that as well. We made it all the way to 37w 2d (and probably could have baked longer!), and because I really thought it would have been sooner, those last few weeks were excrutiatingly difficult for me. In reality, it wasn't horrible - uncomfortable, inconvenient (especially considering my insulin injections UGH) - but not horrible. I wish I'd cherished the last few weeks a little more and not been in such a rush to get them here. Lynndi had just a few temperature problems in the hospital and I felt so guilty having wished her out sooner. If she'd come sooner, we'd have had NICU time.

All that to say, plan for early, but keep it in your mind as a "just in case" and know that at least SOME multiple pregnancies do last closer to due date! No purchasing an Easter outfit just yet.

I think a stroller was the most difficult thing for us to decide on and then find also!

November 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
username: luvmykids623
first name: Lori
due date: 3/31/12
genders if known: B/B

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? They're banking on no later than 35 weeks because of my history, so 14 weeks. I'm hoping to get to at least 35 or later and praying for not sooner! I'll be having a c/s, because I had one with DD, and even though they are a VBAC friendly practice/hospital they're not loving the idea for me.

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? Them being safe and healthy in our arms!

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? Finding a new normal with them, DS, and DD.

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!)[/QUOTE] More than likely the double stroller. I think we're going with the double snap n go at first and then getting the City Mini Double. I'm holding out for the 2012 version being released in February.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Super Mommy
username: BandGeek
first name: Angie
due date: 7/2/12
genders if known: Don't know, but we will find out!

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? I am almost at 8 weeks. This is all still very new and we haven't decided about anything yet.

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? Being healthy bundles of joy!

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? Will I be able to produce enough milk and get enough rest to care for two little ones. Also, where in the heck are we going to put them!?!?! Our house is small!!!!

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!) No clue, yet.

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
November 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandGeek View Post
Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? Will I be able to produce enough milk and get enough rest to care for two little ones. Also, where in the heck are we going to put them!?!?! Our house is small!!!!
You definitely can do it. It's not easy, but I fully believe that if you are determined enough and have enough support from family and a LC, you will have enough milk for both. I had enough milk for both and then some and BF for 19 months. It was VERY difficult in the beginning, but so worth the struggle.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
username: Dóchas
first name: Rebecca
due date: May 28th
genders if known: Unknown

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? My OB said I would be brought in at 38 weeks unless I go on my own before then but he also said that could all change the further along I get, Not sure if it will be Vag or C/S I'll whichever one is the best for the babies

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? Everything, after 3 years of trying and a lot of failed IUI's and injections. I'm just so excited the IVF work and will be parents at last. So I'm looking forward to everything (and also a bit scared)

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? Please God they are healthy to come home with me. My concern is getting them into a routine with feeding etc.. And I'm going to try and breast feed so thats also a concern. And of course lack of sleep

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!) I work in a maternity/baby shop so that it going to work out for me. I get a 20% discount and get my travel system half price. I was thinking of getting this stroller.
The City Select - Lullaboo Baby

[SIZE="3"]

December 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i hate my double stroller. i have a safty 1st. the wheels suck when im inside. It works break for walks in the park. I cant wait till they can sit up and i wont have to attach the infant seats to the stroller. I have a bob jogging stroller i cant wait to try out. I got a great deal on craigs list.

I seem to be one of the only ones that like my babies being on different scheduals. They eat at different times. I would much rather get up a few extra times at night then have two crying babies at once.
December 29th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Veteran
username: BlueLight
first name: Taren
due date: 6/13/2012
genders if known: not known yet

How much longer?? 24 weeks (yeah right)
Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? No
Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? hoping for vag

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? Having my own kids finally!

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? I'm hoping they aren't colicky. That would just drive me insane. Also worried about producing enough breastmilk.

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!) Haven't bought anything really expensive yet but the stroller I wanted as of last year (haven't looked into them again since I actually became pregnant) is the most expensive item I've thought of yet. I live in NYC and do a lot of walking so it would get good use, I just don't know if it's worth the price.

December 30th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the Kolcraft stroller. It's been thoroughly abused over the past 2.5 years and is still in great shape. I LOVE that stroller. It's easy to maneuver with one hand, which was super important when I was watching kids who were 1 and 3 years older than my twins.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
username: KimberlyAnn327
first name: Kim
due date: 3/16/12
genders if known: Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery?
No date scheduled yet but we are hoping for February 29! Due to positions, I am looking at a c-section right now unless they surprise me by turning

Not being in so much pain. Yesterday I couldn't even walk.

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples?
Honestly, I just worry about surviving some days. Up all night with newborns, up all day with toddlers, trying to get my older kids out the door for school. I wonder if I'll be able to handle it all, even with the help of my husband.

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!)
Well, it's not a baby item but we are looking for a bigger vehicle and it will be by far the thing we spend the most on. Our minivan seats 8 so we need something bigger. The only other thing we have personally bought this time around are 2 coming home outfits for them.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
I have the Kolcraft stroller. It's been thoroughly abused over the past 2.5 years and is still in great shape. I LOVE that stroller. It's easy to maneuver with one hand, which was super important when I was watching kids who were 1 and 3 years older than my twins.
Thanks Celry! The only drawback I heard about it is that you can't recline the seats fully to change them in the stroller. I need to go to a mega baby store and try out the strollers to see which one I like best.

January 4th, 2012, 06:22 AM
fka lmsan
username: DsMommy
first name: Laura
due date: June 17th
genders if known: should find out 1/18!

How much longer?? Do you have a tentative date scheduled yet? Are you for sure getting a c/s or are you hoping for a vag delivery? Nothing scheduled obviously this early. DH is praying for a c-section so we can "schedule" everything (yeah right), and actually was mad when I said I would do vag if an option. Easy to say when you aren't the one being sliced open!!

What are you most looking forward to when the babies arrive? Getting to know their personalities, and having a few quiet moments with them to do that (wishful thinking?)

Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples? [COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]Just generally taking care of two infants and making sure that DS doesn't get lost or neglected in the chaos. And being too exhausted to do a good job of it.[/COLOR]

What one item (hahaha! that's funny... one item.. I crack myself up! ) are you planning to or did you already spend the most money to obtain? In other words, what piece of baby equipment - whether it be one thing big enough for two babies or two of the same item, etc - have you prioritized and ended up spending more than anything else on your "needs" list? Let's see it! (A pic of whatever you have, or a web graphic of what you got or want - whatever is easiest!) sigh.... a new vehicle - haven't bought it yet. We can't really afford one but am praying we can find something that is in good condition used. DH really wants an SUV so we have 4 wheel drive - my mini van desires have been shut down! We also need a stroller, I was also thinking maybe a snap and go and then get a real one once they are 6 months old or so, because they outgrow the travel system seats so quickly, but am looking for advice from BTDT twin moms. sigh.... I thought I was goign to get to use everything left from DS!

Big Brother Darius excited for the arrival of
Marcus and Sophie

Last edited by DsMommy; January 4th, 2012 at 06:25 AM.
January 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM
username: Twinningin2012
first name: Angela
due date: July 1st (40 weeks lol)
genders if known: not known yet!!! but am dying to know!

27 weeks or sooner... A long time....

Having the twin experience I have two other boys aged 5 and 2... I have never had a multiple pregnancy before, or two born at once so this is all new to me!! I look forward to seeing what they look like, their personalities, watching them grow up and becoming best friends with their two big brothers Nathan and Jacob.

[B]Assuming they are healthy and get to come home when you do, what practical concerns do you have for caring for and being the mom to multiples?[/B

I am concerned I wont have enough time or patience to do everything that is required of me... I am scared that my two sons will feel left out or neglected because my husband and I are so tired and have no energy left for them.. I am scared of not sleeping ever again... I am scared of my oldest son feeling like he is being left behind and is not Mommys special boy anymore.... ahhhh Im scared of a lot of things!! I am also a tid bit worried about genders.... I would really love to have a daughter and so would DH.. Either way as long as they are healthy babies is all that matters, but would really love a daughter or two

We need to buy a new vehicle. As of right now we have two cars that fit 4 people (two kids still in carseats and a booster) so no room for two more in our vehicles.. We have decided on a van... probably used. We also need to find out the genders cause if they are girls we have no girl clothing because we have only ever had boys!! I hope I get to shop for PINK!!!!! MIL is buying the double stroller apparently, so that is one less worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search