Did you intuitivly know that you were having twins?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Durango14's Avatar ♥ Expecting #2 ♥
Hi Ladies,

I just got my BFP this morning at 8 DPO. I am certain of my O date but my HPT lines are much darker than I would expect at 8 DPO. The thought of multiples has crossed my mind so I was just curious if any of you had dark lines early on?

February 17th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to say congrats on the BFP! I am no help on the darkness question though, because I hadn't peed on many sticks, so I really couldn't have told you if mine were darker than normal or not for that time. I can tell you I didn't have a clue at all it was twins until the OB told me Either way I wish you a healthy 9 months!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
February 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
the lines look normal for 8 DPO. plus every test is different on how much dye is in them, so some could look extra dark or light.

I had actually thought I ovulated from both sides, so I did have an inkling. turns out I was WAY wrong b/c we have identicals! so much for a mom's intuition!
Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
February 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sort of We transferred two frozen embryos, so I knew twins were a possibility. But I swear the second the doctor showed me the picture of the embryos, I knew that both would stick. When my Mom made a comment later that day about "the baby" I corrected her and told her there were two. The night before our second ultrasound (where we first saw that there were, indeed, two babies) I had a dream that it was twins.

Here are my HPTs in case you are curious about twin tests...I don't think mine are particularly dark or early, and my first two betas were in the singleton range. You just never know!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...te-thread.html

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

Last edited by KMH; February 21st, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
February 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did have a gut feeling and it turned out to be right. Also, here are some test pictures.

9 dpo:

12 dpo:

And a bunch of tests, including cheapies, starting at 9 dpo:

February 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Veteran
Yes, we knew. Although I was still shocked when we found out for sure. I tried to convince myself that we had to be wrong but when I couldnt take the suspence any longer I called the doc at about 13wks and said I needed an ultrasound.
However, my first pg test was pretty faint.
February 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I had no clue. Never even crossed my mind, at least not in all seriousness.

I only tested once, when I was almost a week late. The line showed up before I set down the test, and I had to wait on the control line to show up only until I stood up from the pot. I thought that was odd, but it still never crossed my mind. LOL I just wasn't thinking about it. We didn't know until my first doc appt with ultrasound at 15 weeks, but it sure explained a lot!!!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 1st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, but everyone else seemed too. I was in denial for a while to be honest. Heck, I still look at them and am in awe that I had twins.

When I found out I was 12dpo and the test was like yours. I went at 4 weeks to get blood work, which came back 1048. Then 3 days later I went to the hospital because I was having really bad cramping, and Hcg was over 5000. My sister said "I bethcha it is twins!" Their dad also said something about twins, but I told them both that it wasn't possible as there are no twins anywhere in our families.

I will say though, when I got my U/S I wasn't shocked to see twins. I mean, I was, but wasn't all at the same time.
March 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't test until 14 or 15DPO. I suspected, but not because of the test darkness, I just felt liek it was twins. My betas were well within the norm for a single pregnancy and we only saw one baby on our first u/s and I was disappointed. I wasn't too shocked when we saw 2 babies on our second u/s.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Well, can I just say that I'm jealous of you all for knowing intuitively? I've always done pretty well at knowing myself and my body... well... in most cases. I was totally floored to see the ultrasound. Hubby was waiting in the car (had our big kids with us) and it took us 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 18th, 2012, 09:55 AM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
I haven't even officially joined this board yet. we just found out Thursday that we are having twins. but I had a feeling that we were having twins. I had a pretty dark line pretty early on. I'm not sire how many dpo I was. but if you think it may be twins I would deg tell your OB and see if he can get you in for blood work or an early u/s & Congrats on your BFP!
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

March 22nd, 2012, 12:15 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had no clue, and didn't find out until 9 weeks.

March 23rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, the night before my BFP, I drempt I was having ID twin boys...not correct on gender (we are 90% certain Baby A is a girl) & baby B is 55% girl too...there was a marker at the 20 week u/s that showed us that we may have ID twins, but won't know for sure until birth!
I tested the next morning & the test turned positive immediately (before the control line ) This was 11 days sooner than I ever got a BFP when I was pg with my DD. I had the feeling it was twins, but still in shock when my 8 weeks appointment/ultrasound confirmed it!

GL, I hope you find out soon for sure!

Your lines aren't so dark that I would suspect twins, but you never know!
April 6th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Super Mommy
I really had no idea, but apparently everyone else did! I took a test at 12dpo and it was as dark as the control line.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search