nervous about labor

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Twin Mama
i'm really close to the end but i have to admit i am really nervous. im 36+1 and have tons of pressure and pain in my pelvis, walking is evil. but i have no contractions, i have had maybe 4/5 total in the last 6 weeks, just 1 randomly and idk if they really were even contractions.

my weekly NST's are great, havent had a cervical check yet. im nervous i wont go into labor ever! im nervous of going over 38 weeks when placental degradation and chances of stilbirth go up. how fast can this all happen, if i havent progressed at all by 36+6 could they book an induction within days?

i am planning a vaginal delivery with epi, as long as the babies are still head down and A is bigger. is it crazy that i want an induction rather than going so close to 38 weeks? im starting to just be a nervous wreck.

June 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things can happen quickly both whether you go on your own or whether they induce you. For me I went to my regular appt at 36w3d. I had been having NO issues, no contractions, no anything at all ... just exhausted of course For the first time at that appt I was spilling proteins, they sent me to L&D for bloodwork and monitoring, told me on of three things was going to happen that day:
- My bloodwork would be concerning and I would have babies (WHAT? I was not mentally prepared for that at all, since I didn't see it coming)
- My bloodwork would be decent, but they would still have concerns and keep me overnight for monitoring
- Everything would look good and they would send me home with a 24 hour urine test.

Well it ended up being #3 and I was relieved. I went to work the next day, but left work early to drop off the 24 hour urine at the lab, and took off that afternoon. In fact I had decided I was going to tell my boss the next day that I wanted to start woring half days because leaving at noon and going home to rest was awesome. Well ... I never got that far, because my OB called me around 5:30, said he got the results and he wanted me to head to hospital that night so they could induce in the morning. So basically things went SUPER fast after my 36w3d appt and they were born 2 days later ... even though before that appt I was thinking 38 weeks at least since I had NO contractions ...

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Twin Mama
thank you for sharing, i wonder if we should bring the baby & hospital bags with us to every dr appt now as its a 45 min drive.

did you have high BP? any signs you had protien in ur urine? i have had 'trace' the last few appts but nobody ever mentions it really and my BP was something like 130/70 last time which they say is fine.

June 24th, 2013, 06:09 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wow, girl! Congrats on making it this far...you have done so great!!

I would def. take your bags with you to every appointment; actually I just left mine in the car so that whenever I left the house they would be with me. Things can happen fast, so it is best to be ready.

Can't wait for you to meet your babies

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

June 25th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
thank you for sharing, i wonder if we should bring the baby & hospital bags with us to every dr appt now as its a 45 min drive.

did you have high BP? any signs you had protien in ur urine? i have had 'trace' the last few appts but nobody ever mentions it really and my BP was something like 130/70 last time which they say is fine.
I would definitely take your bags to every appt. We never needed them that way, but I have heard of too many others that did.

I was on BP meds from 22 weeks on, but my BP was doing well on them (and I had BP issues about 4 years before I was pregnant anyway due mostly to my weight, so for my OB it wasn't a pre-eclampsia flag). As far as I know I had not been spilling any protein in my urine before that 36 week appt. I say that, because my OB never mentioned it, and if I had been at 34 weeks I am sure he would have went ahead with his plan to see my at 35 instead of saying everything looked good and he was going to hold off weekly appts until 36 weeks.

Just relax and don't stress too much (I know, easier said than done). These babies will be here soon and in the end the only important thing is 2 healthy babies and a healthy mom.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced at 37 weeks. My ob said I had a really good chance of a vaginally delivery but my epi failed. They couldn't fix it and wanted to do it over. At that point I opted for the C-section because I was done. I hated the epi and it not working on me was pretty much the last straw. A situation like mine is rare the nurses were shocked that that I could still move my legs and pee after the epi.

July 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Twin Mama
No labor yet, i had what i think were 2 contractions like 30 min apart riday but otherwise nothing. so aggravating and to make it worse yesterday and today the babies are being very quiet and baby b is barely moving even when i give my belly a little shake.

I have an u/s, NST and my first cervix check today so FX i have some progress. we are going to book my induction, i know they can be harder when you aren't naturally progressing so that scares me. is induction any different with twins over a single?

My dr has said he wants me to hace a DENSE epi incase he has to do an internal inversion of twin b or i need a csection. I imagine that means I wont be able to feel anything.

im getting so anxious!

July 1st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Its July! When are they going to induce? You have given me hope making it this far! You must be miserable!!! With one I'm feeling done at 37 weeks. I wonder if I'll experience it with two?

July 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
Twin Mama
My induction is July 9th, 38w3d. It's rough carrying twins this long, but you can do it. I was DONE around 32 weeks, thats when pain/pressure and not being able to physically do things started taking its tol. But having been through childbirth before you might be more equipped to handle things than I have been.

I found out today on u/s they are each at lest 6lbs, holy wow I'm carrying 12lbs of baby!

July 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Good Luck today!
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
July 9th, 2013, 11:26 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hope everything is going well, Mama! I'm so glad you get to finally meet your babies!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

July 12th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HOpe all went well.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search