YAY! I Finally got stuff!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2008, 08:36 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
There was a Motherhood Maternity place nearby that did sell plus sized clothes. I got some really nice stuff. Actually, *guilty smile* I got a wardrobe of stuff. I just don't have anything to wear otherwise and I can't fit into my jeans in any way shape or form anymore! They had a nice sale going on and since my hubby wanted to get me some for this past Christmas (he owed me a gift) and my father wanted to get me some clothes as well (he too owed me a gift for Christmas '06) and my Aunt-in-law gave me a $50 gift card, I used all of their generous gifts to buy me some clothes!

Considering how much I got, I was surprised at the small amount of clothes they had, but they were really nice! Actually, most of the stuff I got looks nicer than most of my regular outfits. I just have to get the pants shortened. But I bought two nice two piece sets, two jeans, a khaki, a capri pants, a two-piece sweat pants and sweat shirt set, a bunch of shirts, an extra sweat shirt, and a couple of t-shirts. I hope I get to make use of them all before it's too late!

The lady that worked there was really nice, it was a little frustrating that everything I tried on she'd tell me how nice it looked on me whether it really did or not. But I just smiled and accepted the compliment, but I still got only the things that me and my hubby liked. Yes, he was a trooper and went with me and gave me his honest opinions. I love it when he comes with me. He's always been great at giving me some great comments. He'll tell me if it doesn't look right on me even if I like it and visa versa. It was funny the looks I got from the two women that worked there. They were amazed at how big I was and I was only halfway into my pregnancy! I still got to wear that extra prego pillow they add in the dressing rooms that add on an extra 3 - 4 months on to the pregnancy to make sure that the outfits will still fit at that time. It looked so stupid on me, but it did give me an idea of how it might look with the outfits. There was a lot I rejected, but for the most part, they all fit nicely with that on! I just don't want to have to shop much more for clothes, so I wanted to make sure I got what looked good!

I wonder if I can get any of it fitted after I loose some of the weight. If not, it was a necessary thing to do. If this were a singleton pregnancy, I could have continued to wear what I already had, but I've reached my limit so there's no way to get around it. Time to show off the belly!!!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
February 25th, 2008, 08:45 PM
mighttyjomomma
Awwww yay for new clothes!!!

I'm like you, I LOVE when hubby goes with me... I think I just like to hear him tell me how hot I am though.. LOL!!!

Towards the end, I had a LOT of difficulty with finding shirts that would cover my entire stomach and not just be all hanging there, if you get what I mean. But I was just sooooo big, I was 52 cm from top to bottom!
February 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAAYY for cloths that fit!! I, too, and plus size and it was soo hard towards the end findign things a that covered my belly.. I actually ended up goign to WM and buying 4 shirts that were 5x's just so my belly would be covered!

Yay for you!!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
February 26th, 2008, 12:03 AM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! You'll feel so much better now that you have clothes that fit again. Come and show us a few outfits.

]
February 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM
mighttyjomomma
Yes yes, model for us!!
February 26th, 2008, 10:34 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I'm too camera shy to pose, but I can attempt pictures of the clothes

Capris
Khaki
Jeans
http://www.motherhood.com/Shop_MotherhoodM...erCategory_Id=0 - Secret Belly Fit (I couldn't get a simple image to copy and paste here)
Dinner Set
Dinner Set
Sweater
Blouse
Blouse
The hooded top part partially seen here

I know there are a couple of other blouses, but I can't seem to find them on the site. There was a sweatshirt/pants set, a blue T, and a white T.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search