If You've Had a Rainbow Baby (preg mentioned)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Super Mommy
.....were you induced? Planned c-section? Spontaneous Labor?

My perinatologist that i had with Joey said they wanted to induce at 36wks with #3. My doc from my regular practice which i went back to for this pregnancy said induce by 38wks. I saw my midwife today...generally I see the GYN's for regular gyn appts. and ideally the midwives for pregnancy and birth. She said "So I'll put your name in our box, I assume you want another Birth Center Birth?" I was shocked...I said "Can I?" and she was like "duh why not" (thats not what she said though lol).

Birth Center would mean no induction, waiting for spontaneous labor which may mean being prego on or past my due date again. I dont' know how I'd handle that.

On the upside it also means a waterbirth like I had with Jamie...an unmedicated birth and more importantly a birth and labor where drugs and c-section aren't being forced on me by nurses who've never seen a natural labor before.

I"m just so confused. She said if Joey had been "anomolly free" (he had the 2vessel cord and omphalocele which could have contributed to his death we don't know since we didn't do an autopsy) then she probably wouldn't suggest it...but she has no reason to believe I can't have a healthy, normal pregnancy and birth this time.

I just don't know what to think.

So those of you who've had later losses, what did your doc/midwife do the next time? why?
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

December 16th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
We switched doctors after we lost Robert. We actually had a preconception counseling appt with a perinatologist before we got pregnant again and put a whole plan into place first. We did not return to the midwife that had originally seen us as I feel she was partly to blame in Roberts death. I am not knocking midwives, just this specific one. She only told us about doing kick counts the day we found out Robert had passed, which was over 34 weeks. We opted to do a c-section this time around. I had an amnio at 37w 3d. Once we knew the lungs were mature, we had the greenlight for the c-section whenever we wanted. We chose to do the c-section the same day as the amnio results came back. I was traumatized with the induced labor I had with Robert. It was really long, painful, and the worst experience of my life. Originally I considered going with an induction because I am aware it is better for the baby to go through labor, but I was too afraid of what can happen even that way, so my husband and I agreed that a c-section was the quickest way to get Mady here. I have to say, I am completely thrilled with the decision we made. My recovery hasn't been too rough so far, Mady is here and healthy, and I am not traumatized by the delivery. Now the trouble is, I am totally ready to do this again... LOL! My husband would kill me. Anyway, sorry this was a novel. Good luck with whatever you chose!
December 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was induced both times, but my doctors were totally willing to go with whatever I wanted. With Erin, I truly believed I could not emotionally handle getting to 38w1d, which is when I lost Cora. So we decided to induce at 38 weeks. With Patrick they were totally willing to let me go into labor on my own, until I started having nightmares and decided that it would be best for both me and him if I weren't pregnant anymore.

I guess the main point is you need to decide what would be best for you. Really, having one stillbirth doesn't predispose you to having it happen again. So really, there's not automatically a reason to induce on the baby's end.

Good luck honey!

December 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm thinking, although I know we have plenty of time, that we'll just have to leave it up in the air because I can easily see myself getting to the point that I just CANT handle 1 more day being pregnant and not knowing if things are okay or not for sure. I had this feeling with Joey that we needed to get him out and my body was giving me signs (high blood pressure, protein in urine, a poor NST) and I ignored my instinct and went along with the doctors because they were perinatologists and REALLY professionals (lol you'd think more qualified than regular ob's). But they didn't induce and Joey died.

My babes have been small (7lb2oz and 5lb2oz) so I'm really not fond of the idea of inducing before 38wks...we are not going back to the practice I was with for Joey. If there are problems with this pregnancy we already decided we will go to the "other" peri practice in the area. They were too sure of themselves then ignored the warning signs.

I love my midwives...This woman I saw today was with me when I delivered Jamie and she is just amazing at talking you through things. It is my dream to be able to have another birth like Jamies, I was so sad I didn't get that last time with Joey (knew when we got omphalocele diagnosis it wasn't a possibility to have a water birth). I just don't know if I can handle being pregnant that long again. with any luck I'll go into labor before my due date

PS..Jessica you need a new siggy! Mady is here!!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

December 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
The original plan when I had triplets was a c-section, which changed to induction at 38 weeks when I was having twins. Now they are willing to let me go naturally, but I will probably ask to be induced at 39 or 40 weeks if I haven't gone into labor, just for my own sanity.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced at 36 weeks. It was mainly to control my Lovenox and since I had a history of early and fast labors but truly by that point I was so emotionally overwhelmed and losing my mind that it was as much for my sanity as anything else.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

December 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
I am a repeat C-section and had a scheduled C-section to deliver Sydney for December 14th by my OB; I'd have been 39 weeks pregnant. However, the perinatologist said he didn't think I should go beyond 38 weeks and a discussion between him and my OB resulted in moving the scheduled C-section to December 7th.

But Sydney had other plans ... due to low amniotic fluid, the perinatologist admitted me to L&D the morning I had what was supposed to be my last appointment with him (December 4th) and I had a C-section at 4:00 p.m. He measured Sydney to be 9 lbs. 8 ozs. on the sonogram, but she actually ended up weighing in at 8 lbs. 1 oz.

I was SO SO SO SO SO relieved when he admitted me that morning, I almost cried from happiness. I was glad he didn't take this situation lightly by telling me to wait until Monday; he told me I was delivering that very day.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
December 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I was induced at 38 weeks. I was SOOOO glad too because I was a MESS!!!! All I did was stress and I had so much anxiety. I think if they would have made me wait any longer I would of had a nervous breakdown.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search