Log In Sign Up

Update on me - It's almost go time

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,924
Here I am at 35 1/2 weeks about the same time we lost Seth. I am holding on pretty good so far but I have to admit the anxiety is up there.

I have an amnio scheduled for Monday, Nov 1 at the Peri office. Monday at the biophysical the Peri came in and mentioned he was concerned that my OB scheduled my Amnio at 36w3d. Evidently the lab used to do LS-ratio amnios but now they only do PG amnio and he thought the PG amnio would be less likely to show up mature lungs even though the LS amnio might have. He had recommended I hold off another week.

This made me sad and nervous but I understood. I called the OB to let her know and get her recommendation. I thought she would likely agree with him and I was disappointed.

Well, My OB calls back and said that she though 36w3d was perfectly reasonable for a pg amnio on a girl to come back mature and that given my history I should at least try. She said if the Peri I am seeing didnt want to do it then she would refer me to the other in town... The peri hadn't said he wouldnt do it just that he was concerned it could come back immature and Id have to go again.

Anyways, after talking to DH I decided that I would go ahead and do it and risk having to do it twice. I just can't stand the thought of waiting knowing it could have come back mature and I could have induced. I feel like a ticking time bomb already because Seth dying was completely unexplained.

So the plan is Amnio and another bio on Monday Nov 1. If it comes back mature then we move forward with the induction on Wed of Thurs. If it comes back Immature, repeat the next Monday for an induction Wed or thurs of the next week.

I feel ok about this, I'm just ready to have her out of me....not that there won't be other worries once she's here but I just can't risk something unexplained happening to her since she's perfectly fine now.

We also did a growth scan on Monday at the Peri. She measured just under 6 lbs. So if we have her next week she'd likely be 6 1/2 +, The week after 7+

Please keep us in your thoughts. Sooooo close to having my Rainbow baby in my arms.

Reply With Quote
October 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 43,573
I remember about this time with my babies and it's so nervewracking!! Good luck honey! I'll be thinking and praying for you until then!
Thanks to babydoll213 for the siggy! My kids' blog Cora's blog

Reply With Quote
October 27th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Proud Momma
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,781
Hope all goes well. Thinking of you!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0