New and need some advice

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2015, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot if not please direct me to where thanks! My son is going on 14 months and is not walking. He will hold on to things and walk around but he will not walk without that. He sits straight on his butt every time you let go of his hand. I try to work everyday with him because my pediatrition said if he's not walking at 15 months he will go to physical therapy. My problem is I have gotten him to take two steps but every time I try to work with him not even a few minutes into it he's throwing a fit. Screaming kicking the whole nine yards. I don't know what else to do. I feel like I am being mean to him trying to work with him since he doesn't want to. I really think he is lazy Because at times you try to stand him up and he will just throw his feet in the air. I don't believe he is incapable but how do I get him to see walking is not so bad. He is very very active and always wants to climb or stand up in bed (not holding anything.) but he will not do the same on the floor or outside. Carpet Harwood or tile. Please help!

Last edited by Liamsmommy430; June 23rd, 2015 at 01:06 PM.
June 25th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Hey, I am currently 41 weeks pregnant but I also have a 5,4,2 year old and I can definitely say that they are each different and do things at different times. However, 14 months is a little late. My second child was the one who took the longest at learning. He is now 4 and still sometimes I wonder if he is a little behind but pediatricians don't think so. If your son is a little on the heavy side or shorter legs than the rest of his body it could make him off balance an even put stress on his legs which is why he likes to fall to his butt after such short workouts. I would just keep working with him, maybe massaging his legs before walking him. Once 15 months come, maybe there is a reason he is unable to walk on his own. Best of luck!
July 6th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Hi ! I have four kids 11 mos/3,5,and 7 my five year old has cerebral polsy, im not sugesting your child has this but maybe you should take him and get him examined, and like your doc said, therapy is good, he could be scared, or is just being stuborn, my son was six months when we found out he was disabled, he wasent walking ,he crawled but dident seem to be doing what a six month old should have been doing, your child may just have a little bit of a delay or like i said just scared or being stuborn. I hope this helped, but please dont let it scare you, just take it one step at a time, im here if you need to talk. God bless you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search