Can not post twice in a row

Need Help Navigating JM?

Post here if you need help with anything at JustMommies. If you are having problems registering at JustMommies please contact us at [email protected]

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Need Help Navigating JM? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2006, 10:50 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
When I reply to a post in a thread, then read more of the thread and decide to reply to another post I always end up with both replies in the same post, even though I have tried everything imaginable to make them in separate posts.

I've tried using the add reply button, the quick reply button, waiting a few minutes, closing out of JM completely, and leaving the forum, visiting and posting in a different forum, and coming back to the original forum. Nothing works and it's irritating. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!
~Nay
March 12th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That's a feature of the upgraded software. To make a reply to your own post and it be an actual reply and not edit the original post, you need to wait at least 10 minutes before replying again, or wait for someone else to reply to it.
March 12th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Quote:
That's a feature of the upgraded software. To make a reply to your own post and it be an actual reply and not edit the original post, you need to wait at least 10 minutes before replying again, or wait for someone else to reply to it.[/b]
Okay, but I'm not trying to reply to my own post, just to reply to a different post in the same thread.

Like if I start at the beginning and person A says something I want to comment on, so I post. Then I read some more and person B says something I want to comment on. I want the comment to person B in a different post.

Waiting does seem to be the only solution, though 10 minutes is quite a while.

~Nay
March 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Yes, its one of the features with the new software. You can use the quote feature if you want to reply to a different post. I can see if we can change the time frame on the merge feature. I will look into later when I have a little time.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***
March 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
OH!! Quote instead of Reply. That makes so much sense. I'll do that next time.

Thanks,
~Nay

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search