When do you start discussing/thinking of names with SO

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: When do you think of names?
Before You Even Begin TTC! 10 43.48%
While TTC 7 30.43%
Once Pregnant 4 17.39%
Once Baby Is Here!?! 0 0%
When You Find Out The Sex 2 8.70%
Other? 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
When do you start talking about names with your SO? Or just when do you start thinking of names!

July 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
Ive been driving DF nuts with names for #2 since before Logan was even born!
Im addicted to names - have been since I was 13 / 14, so as soon as I find a new name I go into a full blown topic on names with DF.

He really enjoys it, specialy when he's on the Play Station & trying so very hard to concentrate

July 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Quote:
He really enjoys it, specialy when he's on the Play Station & trying so very hard to concentrate [/b]
That's hilarous! Doug hates it too. I drive him MAD.

July 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
We discussed names before we even start dating! I had to make sure he liked the names I liked and vice versa! And then we decided on 4 names, they are pretty much set in stone since then (this was 2 years ago) We decided on giving 2 middle names, one honoring family and that we won't be naming out baby until it's born, we want the name to fit perfectly, even though we will be finding out the gender~

July 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
we are WTTC and i discuss names and he pretends to listen.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
We've been talking about names ever since we were dating. I've always had a thing for them, so it's like my hobby.

July 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
MissLion's Avatar Super Mommy
I kept my own little list of names I came across since I was like 13/14 but didn't even care to mention them to anyone until we were serious and going to have a baby. Enter DF! Lol, although I didn't mention names to DF until we decided to begin TTC. We have a short list, and a long list but won't set anything in stone until the last few months of pregnancy (when that finally happens!).

SK, I use to do the same thing! I'd wait (without noticing, really) until he was in dead concentration while playing Xbox and he'd just nod to a name... and then later he'd say he didn't like the name. So what I do now is keep a Word Document of names I want to ask him about and when he asks for a favor I say "okay, I'll do it while you look through the Word Doc with baby names and pick out the ones you like". Which he does! He even bolds the ones he likes lol.

July 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I talk about names all the time. Well, not as much anymore because we're done having children... but still

edited because I can't spell!
July 18th, 2008, 07:29 PM
OMG...I'm roaring laughing. We are all so similar and sneaky with our men! Hilarious!

July 19th, 2008, 02:54 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
We talked about it while we were dating and right before we began TTC, which was around the same time we got engaged. Then, we talked about it more seriously.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
July 19th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
Quote:
SK, I use to do the same thing! I'd wait (without noticing, really) until he was in dead concentration while playing Xbox and he'd just nod to a name... and then later he'd say he didn't like the name. So what I do now is keep a Word Document of names I want to ask him about and when he asks for a favor I say "okay, I'll do it while you look through the Word Doc with baby names and pick out the ones you like". Which he does! He even bolds the ones he likes lol.[/b]
Lol, lucky jammer!
Ive always wrote all mine down & if I nag enough or catch him by surprise he'll look at them. That or I do a real baby type of face sitting there saying things like 'Andyyy I wuv you babyyyyy' lol, he normaly gives in then.

He's worse for a girl though when it comes to changing his mind on names!

I tend to ask him when he's on the Play Station alot mainly cause he knows if he wants me to shut up he has to listen first or I'll just keep repeating my self

July 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I answered "once pregnant" b/c that has been the average with all my pregnancies. With Baby Arden, we started talking name as soon as we started ttc. With Isaac, we discussed after we found out I was pg. With Noah, it was a little different. I wanted to discuss names as soon as we found out I was pg and DH wanted to wait until we found out the sex. I would leave name lists on his computer desk a couple times a week -- hee hee...... Once we found out the sex, DH was much more into the naming. If/when we are blessed with a #3, we are about 75-80% set on names.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

July 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
MamaBx3
Before, While and During pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search