Cervicitis

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just came back from the doctor and he thinks I may have this. Has anyone else here ever had this? I just want to get it over and done with:

Cervicitis

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
April 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Never heard of it, but wow... seems like it could easily be confused with a YI or UTI. Do you think you'll have to have surgery?
April 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I just came back from the doctor and he thinks I may have this. Has anyone else here ever had this? I just want to get it over and done with:

Cervicitis

xxx Lisa xxx[/b]

Lisa, it's VERY common. Hormonal contraceptives attack the crypts in the cervix where mucus is produced, and this can cause a certain degree of inflammation that lingers after the contraceptive is discontinued. Also, women who have given birth vaginally can also experience this form of inflammation or cervical erosion. Because it's SOOO common, most doctors don't even blink when they see it or do anything about it - unless it's severe. There is no point treating it if the woman is on hormonal contraceptives or plans to be, because they will just irritate the cervix all over again.

The article you linked failed to mention that, I think it is addressing the more severe forms of Cervicitis (related to STD's and other problems). The milder forms of it are caused by synthetic hormones and childbirth.

Treatment options include applying silver nitrate directly to the cervix. Some doctors cauterize or "freeze" the cervix to treat it as well. All of the above can be done at the doctor's office.

I teach Natural Family Planning IRL and have had several clients with this condition. For a woman using something else as birth control, it's not an issue - but for women trying to chart their cervical mucus, the inflammation can create some confusing mucus patterns - which usually stops immediately following treatment of the condition.

Did your doctor seem to think it needed treatment - like is it the more severe form, or did he just casually mention that you have it and it's probably just the milder form?
April 30th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Cervicitis

xxx Lisa xxx[/b]

Lisa, it's VERY common. Hormonal contraceptives attack the crypts in the cervix where mucus is produced, and this can cause a certain degree of inflammation that lingers after the contraceptive is discontinued. Also, women who have given birth vaginally can also experience this form of inflammation or cervical erosion. Because it's SOOO common, most doctors don't even blink when they see it or do anything about it - unless it's severe. There is no point treating it if the woman is on hormonal contraceptives or plans to be, because they will just irritate the cervix all over again.

The article you linked failed to mention that, I think it is addressing the more severe forms of Cervicitis (related to STD's and other problems). The milder forms of it are caused by synthetic hormones and childbirth.

Treatment options include applying silver nitrate directly to the cervix. Some doctors cauterize or "freeze" the cervix to treat it as well. All of the above can be done at the doctor's office.

I teach Natural Family Planning IRL and have had several clients with this condition. For a woman using something else as birth control, it's not an issue - but for women trying to chart their cervical mucus, the inflammation can create some confusing mucus patterns - which usually stops immediately following treatment of the condition.

Did your doctor seem to think it needed treatment - like is it the more severe form, or did he just casually mention that you have it and it's probably just the milder form?
[/b]
oh hey ... thanks!

I'd admit ... the link kinda blew my mind away

I'm on the Yasmin birth control pill right now and actually started having symptoms over the last two months since starting the pill back so therefore the doctor thinks it could be due to that

He told me however ... to continue taking the pill ...

I have three more days left of this packet .... then I will have my normal period .. THEN I have to take KLION D 100 inserts which he gave me and go back to see him after for him to do a pap smear and check that everything's ok

He just casually mentioned that I have it ... dunno if that means I have it mild or if he just didnt want to freak me out.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
April 30th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Yasmin was the first BCP I was ever on. I HATED it! It was way too strong for me. I've been on avianne/alesse since I complained about it, and have loved this one.
April 30th, 2007, 10:15 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If he casually mentioned it and it only started in the last few months, it's the BCP and there's no reason to treat it.
April 30th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Quote:
If he casually mentioned it and it only started in the last few months, it's the BCP and there's no reason to treat it.[/b]
**whew**

I hope so ... I have the meds already to use after my period in the next few days

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
May 3rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
the doc also said that if I get any fever or pain to go back and see him ASAP ... but so far I've had neither

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
May 7th, 2007, 07:08 PM
omigosh! these insert tablets that I'm using for the cervicitis is UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

no wonder the doc told me to use it at nightimes!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
May 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Quote:
omigosh! these insert tablets that I'm using for the cervicitis is UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx Lisa xxx[/b]
(((hugs)))
May 12th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Quote:

xxx Lisa xxx[/b]
(((hugs)))
[/b]
think I'm comfortable with the tablets now ............. and I think I'm getting better already so YAY!!!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
August 4th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post

Hi. I have this and I am guessing it is from childbirth. Is it still possible to have another baby with this condition?

I still know when I ovulate. But I have read very discouraging things about chronic Cervicitis and pregnancy and then baby being born with blindness or pneumonia??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search