Can't fully empty bladder?

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
Regular
Now before anyone says this. I am scheduling an appointment to see what I can do.

So for the past 2 months i've been having trouble fully emptying my bladder. This all started out as me not going to the bathroom at all. I had no urge to pee and would go 2 maybe 3 times a day. I went for a period of 7 hours and still did not feel the intense urge. I did increase my water intake since then.

Now the problem is that I can't empty my bladder completely so I go to the bathroom more and it is very uncomfortable for me when my bladder isn't empty. I would go pee and it just seemed as if my stream got cut off. I would stand up and push in my bladder and I still felt as if pee were in there. Now this is embarrassing but I grab a wad of toilet paper and hold it under myself and concentrate and force pee out and a good amount does come out. I told the doctor all of this and he said to wait it out and try to drink more and decrease sodium.

It's now been 2 months since that appointment and nothing has changed. When I drink more water (usually over a gallon a day) it increases the flow but it still cuts off like it did. I am scheduling an appointment sometime this week to get this all figured out.

Now a little medical history. I had a UTI/Kidney stone/ kidney infection a year and a half ago.

What I would like to know is if anyone else has this problem and what tests to get done? I was thinking an ultrasound on my kidneys and my bladder. All opinions are welcome. Thanks for your help! Sorry for the long read!

*Note* Certain positions like laying on my belly and squatting and leaning forward and peeing onto paper towels and etc. help empty it a bit more but this is getting so embarrassing and ridiculous.

**There is no pain associated with peeing. No burning either. I did have a few twinges of pain in my bladder just sitting around the other day. But that is it for pain. I forgot to mention that above!
May 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm so late seeing this, how'd the appointment go???

June 5th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ok, this happens to me too!!!!! i never went to the dr about it............ but like sometimes i have to go to the bathroom like 5x in a row to get it all out. like it just cuts off... but right when i get up, i know i didn't empty my bladder.... what did the dr say???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search