20 Spiritual Questions xposted on PL

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I found these questions, and I thought they were cool. I can see how some answers are going to be vastly (or could be vastly) different between each of us. As a disclaimer, may I remind you that this is not a debate board. Have fun!

20 Questions For Every Spiritual Seeker

1. Why is there poverty and suffering in the world?
2. What is the relationship between science and religion?
3. Why are so many people depressed?
4. What are we all so afraid of?
5. When is war justifiable?
6. How would God/Divine want us to respond to aggression and terrorism?
7. How does one obtain true peace?
8. What does it mean to live in the present moment?
9. What is our greatest distraction?
10. Is current religion serving its purpose?
11. What happens to you after you die?
12. Describe heaven and how to get there.
13. What is the meaning of life?
14. Describe God/Divine.
15. What is the greatest quality humans possess?
16. What is it that prevents people from living to their full potential?
17. Noverbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world.
18. What is your one wish for the world?
19. What is wisdom and how do we gain it?
20. Are we all one?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This will require some thought! Will revisit later.

April 6th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Bump.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Witchy Chicky View Post
I found these questions, and I thought they were cool. I can see how some answers are going to be vastly (or could be vastly) different between each of us. As a disclaimer, may I remind you that this is not a debate board. Have fun!

14. Describe God/Divine.
17. Noverbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world.
20. Are we all one?

Hmmm gonna give these a shot as Im trying to avoid rotten thoughts today!

1. Because we are ego driven critters. We desire power and profit over truer things. Its a human trait, some can get past it while others cannot. And some of us kinda walk the line between one and the other.
2. They both seek a truth to things that arent always answerable(not sure if that is a true word but I like it LOL).
3. They've forgotten they are spirits first not mortal critters with all these desires and emotions entangling them.
4. We are all afraid of ourselves and what may or may not be or happen,etc.
5. When someone needs a good knock on the head LOL. Nah, war is usually never justifiable because the loss is too great no matter what the reason is.
6. Not too sure but I think protecting ourselves vs trying to overpower them is a start. We shouldnt be stepping into those peoples worlds and forcing them to change...we need to change ourselves.
7. Knowing ones true self and purpose here. This changes from person to person but when you start understanding yourself it will become apparent.
8. Hmmm just what it says. You live in the here and now you dont fret about whats going to happen 5 mins from now cuz its not something you can always control.
9. Our own thoughts.
10. No and I dont believe it has for years.
11. Our souls merge with the Universe and we do whatever is needed. We can be reborn or if we are done with that then we simply help the Universe do its thing.
12. Its peace and light. We get to Heaven(or whatever we may call it) by being and trying. Be of service, learn and grow, etc.
13. I think its to learn and grow and be of service.
14. I cant. The Divine is so individual it would be hard to put a specific detail to them. For me, its energy in the form of a female and male because thats easier for me to "get".
15. Compassion
16. Fear
17. One word...chaos.
18. Relearn and show respect to everyone and thing.
19. Knowledge of things around us and within us. By learning and understanding and never stopping our growth.
20. In some ways...absolutely. Do we realize it...not usually.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
They are great questions, Jackie. It's just a meaty thing to do. You have to have some time.

April 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM
This was posted a year ago, I just randomly saw it browsing through old threads. I didn't even answer it

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Because there is balance in all of nature, including humans and their actions and emotions. Also, with reincarnation, we all go through different paths and lifestyles in order to "know all" and eventually merge with the Divine energy once we have become enlightened.

I believe they are more closely related than people think. Science is not just about animals, plants, geography, biology etc... It is also about invisible energies, and that energy is what we, spiritual/pagan people, use and utilize in our paths. Kirlian photography shows auras and energy. If you take a photo of someone who only has one arm, their kirlian photo will show they have two arms, because our spiritual body and energy is invisible (to most people). Magnets were thought to be of witchcraft, because you couldn't see the force attracting or repelling them. Now it's just a magnet and no one thinks anything evil of it. These are just two examples..

Spiritually speaking - because we no longer live as one with the Earth. How many people could go out into the woods, right now, and know what plants are edible? Know how to make animal traps and hunt with their own weapons they made? Do you know what water sources are ok to drink from and which will kill you? Do you know how to make a fire using only nature to do it? We have lost our animal instincts, for lack of a better phrase. We are now like robots. Point being, since we have become so far removed from the connection we used to have with Earth, most people do not realize that that [the Earth] is what is missing from their life.

Socially speaking - Food, Medication, Hectic Lifestyle

Being alone. We are just like pack animals. We need to feel loved and accepted.

Never.

With love and understanding. I don't remember what culture/society it is... but there is one that when someone does something against the rules/law, all of the people there will give the "bad guy" a hug and tell him/her everything that is good about them. Most people make mistakes and do bad things because there is something lacking within themselves.
In regards to terrorism - peace policies/prison... just not war.

By truthfully expressing who they are and owning it. Not being afraid to do what they love and being ABLE to do what they love. Meditation, spirituality/religion.

To stop worrying about things you have no control over. Example:

Kid gets called to principal's office. Kid think that it's about a test that he cheated on last week. It's hours before his meeting with the principal, so for the next few hours the child is bombarded by all these "what's going to happen" scenarios and in the meantime his heart is racing and he is in an anxiety-ridden state. Acute stress I think is the medical term for it??? - Anyway, it wasn't anything bad that the principal needed, just a note to be taken home and signed over a fundraiser. By not living in the present moment, the kid put himself in that anxiety state. This is the fight or flight state and living in this state for longer than is needed (are you running from a bear?) it is horrible on the body and our energy body.

Ourselves. Just like Hil said..

I think some religions and spirituality are, and others are not.

So many scenarios.... long story short:
We die, we review our life once we're ready to do this, meet passed family member from other lifetimes as well, we become our Higher Self (the self we try to connect with while alive). There is this euphoric "Oh I remember ALL of this now" every time we die and go back into the astral planes. We can stay in the astral realms for however long we like and we reincarnate when we're ready. When we're done with all our lives (and I do not believe anyone knows when that is) we connect with the Divine source, which, to me, is this large bright ball of energy of emotion and that emotion is Love.

Oops, I guess see previous? Secondly, from what I've researched, the astral realms are (what I like to liken them too), Never Never Land. There are real things and people and animals and colors there. There are 7 planes, and the last is the Divine/Love.

I have no idea. I don't even pretend to know. I think it expands our planet though.

14. Describe God/Divine.
See 11 and 12

The ability to love.

Ego and society. Fear.

Pulling my hair out and my heart swells with pride.

Peace. You can laugh all you want, but it's true

Wisdom is..compassion, understanding, and acceptance. How you gain wisdom? Experiences, knowledge/learning..

20. Are we all one?
In the end I believe so.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am waiting to read other responses until I answer them for myself!!!! Can't wait to see the variety of answers!

1. Why is there poverty and suffering in the world? Because, souls choose to come here and experience these things before incarnation to better understand all the emotional and physical ramifications of lack. I grew up in poverty, stark poverty and believe that I chose that before coming here to learn compassion for the poor, to learn that one can be rich in love and gifts to offer that have nothing to do with status or financial wealth. I am stronger for it and would not change going to bed hungry.

2. What is the relationship between science and religion? In my world, they should be parts of a whole as far as perspective goes. Know the facts, see the possibilites for outcomes beynod the realm of knowledge.

3. Why are so many people depressed? Ego rules their lives.

4. What are we all so afraid of? Showing our real selves to the world and facing what comes from that. Be it success or rejection.

5. When is war justifiable? War, like depression, poverty, etc. is just another tool for soul growth. Our eyes see only the human perspective of things. And, yet, there is a higher knowing that understands the value of suffering and tragedy and darknes of all shades.

6. How would God/Divine want us to respond to aggression and terrorism? With peace.

7. How does one obtain true peace? When one stops looking for it beyond the self.

8. What does it mean to live in the present moment? To let the future and the past lie, to experience life in the moment.. the colors, the smells, all the sensory information available and to let all moments flow through you without clinging to any.

9. What is our greatest distraction? Ego.

10. Is current religion serving its purpose? For those who are on that level of development, yes.

11. What happens to you after you die? Next place (Heaven) to work out the lessons from the most recent incarnation, to be with loved ones who still remain, to wait until the next incarnation and experience.

12. Describe heaven and how to get there. Heaven is the next realm and to get there, you only have to transition.

13. What is the meaning of life? Soul lessons through experience.

14. Describe God/Divine. Creative, intelligent energy of pure love without ego or judgment.

15. What is the greatest quality humans possess? Love. All other light things grow from love.

16. What is it that prevents people from living to their full potential? Ego which fuels fear.

17. Noverbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world. [COLOR="green"] I would have to sit still. It is now as it has been for all of human existence. COLOR]

18. What is your one wish for the world? For enlightenment to become more pervasive.

19. What is wisdom and how do we gain it? Wisdom is the experience of learning to love and to love others without judging their path. We gain it by going within.

20. Are we all one? We are all the same life force. We are just individuations of Divine Energy really.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; April 8th, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
April 8th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Super Mommy
Give me some time to ponder these and I will come back to them!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search