Hi Everyone!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2008, 09:01 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I've been such a slacker lately, I'll be glad when school starts so I can get back into my normal routine (which means more JM time, LOL).

I thought it might be nice if we did a little check-in to see how everyone is doing! So update us on what's going on with you!! And we want to hear from ALL of you, even you lurkers!

I'll start. Things are going well for us, we're just gearing up for school and all the usual fall activities to get started. Jakob (9) is going to be in 4th grade, Jacey (8) will be in 2nd, Jaden (5) is starting kindergarten and Jack (2) will go to preschool on Tues/Thurs just like last year. Jakob will continue with therapeutic horseback riding and baseball and my girls have both decided to give soccer a try. They were supposed to start practice this week, but it's rained every day, so their practices have been cancelled.

As for me, I'm the chairperson of our big golf tournament for the Down Syndrome Partnership this year, which is coming up in September, and that's keeping me pretty busy. I also plan to do some serious fundraising for our local Buddy Walk, which promotes Down Syndrome awareness, and hope to put together a huge team for the walk in October.

You can see new pics of my kiddos on my blog, the link is in my siggy!

my photog blog / my family blog
August 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we have had Lil Buddy here for about a month. His case worker came and did his ISP a couple of weeks ago. They've changed his plan from concurrent planning to adoption by the current foster parents (THAT'S US)! It's a BIG first step. Case worker says this case looks like it shouldn't be too hard, but she warned us we won't know until the ink is dry, of course. So that is very exciting.

I'm putting Lil Buddy back into the daycare he used to be in when he was with his other foster mom. They are excited to have him back, but I sure hate it. I want him with me. But, I can't work with him there anymore and we have to do it. Sarah Beth will start preschool in September. She'll be going on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. It'll be good for her to be around other kids her age too. She needs that structure. She needs to hear them talking and perhaps she'll take off with her speech.

Lil Buddy is getting PT and OT still and I hope to get him in with a ST soon. Sarah Beth is doing ST and just doing great with it. She is getting more stubborn as we are making her use phrases. She doesn't like having to speak at all. But she is getting there.

I'm getting much better at having two. Though I've been sick and wow, that is hard.

I start back to school next Tuesday. I have class on Tuesday and Thursdays. Human Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology. It'll be fun, but hard to find time to study and work and take care of the kiddos. I am seriously considering quitting my job so I can spend more time with the family. We are still looking at our finances though.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
August 20th, 2008, 09:53 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How exciting Beth, I'm so glad to hear things are progressing well with your little fella. I can't wait until you can share pics of him with Sarah Beth, no doubt they are adorable together.

Sorry you've been sick, that is probably the hardest time. Mommies just aren't supposed to get sick, I guess.

A&P and Micro were my two favorite classes (I got my degree in Biology). Good luck with them both!!

my photog blog / my family blog
August 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We received our referral about 2 weeks ago and still can't stop looking at his sweet little face. I am finishing up the paperwork and hoping he will be home in November. Other than that, all is the same.
August 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here (and have been a slacker as well ) We are about to start homeschooling - Both kids are growing like weeds!!!!
August 22nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
I lurk here mostly although I do pipe in from time to time. We're getting ready for school to start. I've been in and out of my classroom setting up. I brought Jess to meet her new sitter. We're waiting to get the letter from school to tell us who Jason's teacher will be this year. This is the first year I don't know any of the teachers in his grade. My mom went into the hospital yesterday so I'm running around doing errands for her and stopping in at the hospital. August has been much busier for us this year than usual. I'm trying to keep my blog updated although I don't always do it as often as I'd like - www.bringingmeimeihome.blogspot.com.

Paula
August 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies!

Our DS celebrated his 4th birthday today. We spent much of the day spoiling him. His party is on Saturday and there are lots of preparations to be taken care of before then.

We are also in the midst of planning our vacation . . . in January! LOL We're headed back to Disney. Poor DH! He gets so tired of hearing me talk about it.

On the adoption front, we are still in the very beginning stages. We have a meeting on the 9th with the local C&Y people about the foster program. I'm trying to get in touch with the agency that we started our home study with in 2006. I can't seem to get anyone to call me back.

September 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
monkhester
Been away awhile as well. Nate is growing by leaps and bounds. He is 3.5 years old and wears a 4 and 5 regulars in boys (no more toddlers clothes). I am 4'10" (58 inches) tall, and my baby is 20 inches shorter than I am and he still wants to sit in my lap !

I have my heart sat on getting his sister who is do to be born in December. Fingers are crossed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search