Log In Sign Up

Hello, lurking

Forum: Adoption


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sibe Momma
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kennewick WA
Posts: 1,231

I was doing some legal matters research and felt like I should post here. I was adopted when I was 2, my biological parents were not "suitable" parents according to the state of CA. I now have a 16 month old son. His father has not contacted or made attempts to in over 6 months. Arizona law is child abandonment at 6 months or more. If my ex and I were never married, he had charged of abuse from another state against us, and has violated his restraining order to continue to harass me, can I use child abandonment? It has been over 6 months and he has not made a legal, or illegal for that matter, attempt to contact or support his son. Do any of you mommies know anything about this situation or have any advice? We now live in AZ.

Reply With Quote
May 14th, 2010, 10:01 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,847
Was he listed as the father on the birth certificate? If not, you probably don't have to do much of anything. But, I'm not sure about abandonment. I'm sorry! I'd contact an attorney.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2010, 05:17 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,509
I used to live in Phoenix and my knowledge of legal matters in this regard is limited to Sheriff Joe being extremely strict with what he calls "dead beat dads". He sends task forces out to arrest them when they have not paid child support. My advice would be to contact a lawyer too.

Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0