Private Adoption

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2016, 01:25 PM
I am looking for advice on deciding between private adoption and using an agency. I married my husband 2 years ago in October. We have been trying for 3 years. I was diagnosed with pcos and I don't ovulate. Clomid did not work for us and we did not want to put ourselves through any more. We always wanted to adopt and I am coming to terms with not being able to conceive on my own.

I am at the point of choosing an agency or deciding to go private. I would love to hear people's opinions on this.
August 16th, 2016, 08:17 PM
I am at the point of choosing an agency or deciding to go private. I would love to hear people's opinions on this.[/QUOTE]

Hi Amanda. Can you do both? We learned of a private adoption opportunity the same week we had appointments set up with three different agencies. Agency adoption can take a long time. It wouldn't hurt to get that ball rolling.
February 4th, 2017, 03:44 PM
I am placing a baby for adoption. Due in July. all the agencies I went to I did not like and felt like they treated it like a baby store and wanted money out of it and could care less other wise. Seems weird to me that a person would need to pay them for MY baby. I'm gonna end up doing private I think if I find the right person.
I will keep checking agencies out, I realise not everyone will be this way but it has turned me off.
February 17th, 2017, 01:32 AM
You just have to find the right agency. I did lots of research before I found mine.
August 14th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Hi, Dear.
First of all, I would like to congratulate you and tell you that going for adoption is one of the best decisions you have chosen for your situation. I agree a lot of people prefer to go for a surrogate mother, but personally, I would only recommend on adopting a child. An Orphan child is as much lovely as any other, and he is the most love-deprived child. So we must choose to love them if given a choice. Coming back to your question of whether you must go for a private adoption or through an agency? Well, that is governed by a number of factors. On how much budget do you have if you have any specific demand and things like that. But if I were to choose, I would only suggest you go for an agency, be it a private agency or government aid agency. Reason being that they have a complete data about how the child came to the adoption center if he has any relations still present or in touch if he has been to a foster home and about his own self, prom likings to dislikings. It is always good to be in a safer part, and being completely transparent with whom you are taking home.I hope you choose the wisest of them both for yourself, for any more query please post a reply. Take care, I will pray for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search