False negative at 14dpo?

The Two Week Wait Escape

Come on in to help pass the time until you test!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Two Week Wait Escape LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I'm currently 14dpo and I've taken 2 tests - one at 11dpo and one this morning. Both were BFNs. I've been charting my bbt and dtd 1 day before I ovulated.

My luteal phase is usually only 10 days so I'm hoping I'm still in with a chance?? Has anyone else had a false negative at 14dpo? Any replies much appreciated
October 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Veteran
I tested at almost the same time at you i am now 1 day late. And i got 2 BFN too......maybe our hormone levels aren't high enough yet.....
October 7th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I tested again this morning and got another BFN Still no signs of AF showing up so I'm trying to stay positive, although I'm guessing at 16DPO my chances are slim.
October 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
mrskristinmack's Avatar Super Mommy
I just wanted to say I saw a few ladies in the AIP board that said they didn't get their BFP's until like 15-20 DPO. So I wouldn't count yourselves out until AF arrives.

Good luck!

~Kristin~
October 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Veteran
Still nothing yet??? Nothing for me either....just started to get cramping though which is strange.
October 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks Princess, that's good to know. Unfortunately I got my period yesterday at 17dpo :-( I guess I must have ovulated later than I thought. I think I might give OPKs a try this month . . . .

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Stacey! Let me know how you get on x
October 11th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Veteran
Awe im sorry took a test yesterday BFN im thinking im in the same boat as you! have you ever used opk before? I should try them too since we have been trying since March
October 12th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Awe :( well hopefully you may have ovulated later than you thought. I've never used OPKs before but I'm going to give them a try this month. My cycles are really irregular so hopefully they will give me more of an idea of when I'm likely to ovulate.

This is only my second cycle ttc but I'm worried I will have trouble. I suffer from chronic neutropenia - the docs think I may have lupus or another auto-immune disease. They have been trying to diagnose me for the last 18 months, but still they do not know.

Lets hope this month is the one for you!
October 12th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Veteran
My cycles are very irregular as well,and have family history of difficulties of getting pregnant. I have also had ovarian cysts before so this 7 months has been a long one!

Oh wow,i hope they figure out what is going on with you soon!! Good luck trying and i hope it doesn't take as long for you

Best of luck
October 14th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks Stacey Gosh, yeah I bet it has been a long 7 months for you. Sorry to hear that.

How are you getting on? Have you taken anymore pregnancy tests recently?
October 14th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Veteran
No i haven't.....i am having normal symptoms now of af coming. But important over a week late,which has happened before. Just sucks.

Did you decide to try and use OPK??
October 15th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Oh no, sorry to hear that hun

Yes I bought a clear blue opk - there wasn't much choice it was the only one in the shop lol! It's hard to know when to start using it as my cycles are so irregular, but I'll start testing early and just buy another pack if necessary. I'm going to start them next week. I'll let you know how I get on.

Keep me posted . . . . I really hope your af doen't show up!
October 15th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Veteran
That's the one i was going to try too. They say cheap ones work just the same but it makes me nervous haha

That will be my issue too that i am all over the place. Let me know how things go!!! just try and stay positive!
October 15th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi ladies!!
Im Really knew to all this can you help me out with the abbreviations?? what does dpo,af,opk and bfn mean??? Thank you for your help!
October 16th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Hi Britt, welcome I'm new on here too and at first I was wondering what everyone was talking about lol!

dpo - days past ovulation
af - aunt flow aka your period
opk - ovulation predictor kits
bfn - big fat no

I hope this helps. Good Luck!
October 17th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Veteran
Beckaboo did you start using an opk yet?? Af finally came today so we are trying one more time and then taking a break until spring !!

Good luck this month!!
October 17th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that hun dam.

I've not started it yet, as I don't usually ovulate until at least day 19 (well, think so anyway). I'll start testing on day 13 so I'll most probably have to buy another pack. I just don't want to miss it as my cycles vary alot.

I don't blame you for wanting to have a break from it. Lots of luck to you too! Who knows this could be the month we both get lucky . . . .

October 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran
I am sure i will have to use 2 as well. Yeah hopefully we both get lucky this month!!!

Stay in touch, its nice talking to someone going through something so similar
October 20th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Yes it's really nice just chatting to someone. Will stay in touch :-)

November 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey78 View Post
That's the one i was going to try too. They say cheap ones work just the same but it makes me nervous haha

That will be my issue too that i am all over the place. Let me know how things go!!! just try and stay positive!
Hi, just wanted to let you know I order my opks from eBay sellers and they work perfectly well , I live in uk and get about 30 opk tests for under £3 inclu postage , they work just as well as those expensive brands & it means you can test many more days and even multiple times a day if you want! Esp good idea if your cycles long or irregular

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search