Log In Sign Up

Jessie's Birthstory

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,588
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Here is Jessie's story...EDD 07-26-03 B-Day 07-17-2003

Ok here goes. The day before I went into labor with Jessie I was sick all day long couldnt keep anything down even water or saltines. The next day the 16th I was the same way couldnt keep nothin down. About 8 or 9 am I started hurting but it wasnt anything too horrible. I told dh that this baby is comming today or tomorrow so he needed to call his dad to come get Avery today (they lived 3 1/2 hrs away). Ave was being an angel all day didnt whine cry or ask me a million times what is wrong. I basically hung out and tried to stay comfortable. My water hadnt broken and I didnt know what a contraction felt like since I didnt have one with Avery. I finally figured it out by timeing them, they were at about 5 mins apart at this time. About 11 or 12 I called dh and told him he needed to get home b/c it was getting to the point that my contractions were about 2-3 mins apart and I couldnt walk w/o being thrown into a contraction. He then tells me sorry my boss wont come in and take over b/c he doesnt feel good. That S.O.B is still on my ca ca list. Dh tells me that he has called his dad and he is on his way. I didnt want to take Avery with us so we had to wait for him to get to our house. I was hurting and I was hurting bad by the time dh got home around 2:30-3 pm. FIL was still no where to be found. Around 3 FIL shows up cussing about the traffic doesnt even say hello to me grabs Ave and takes off. Ok so we leave. Dh has to stop at the Cell phone store to get more mins on the phone before we can go to the hospital and of course he is in there for I swear a half an hour while I am laid completly back in the front seat. We get to the hospital around 3:45 and after they check me they say I am only 3 cm. They tell me they will keep me only b/c my contractions are now 1 min apart. I get to the room they dope me with something b/c the epidural guy was busy with a surgury (They only have 1 guy to do this?????) The nurse comes in and perodically checks me. 6pm still only at 3 so she grabs this hook looking thing and sticks it under the sheet...doesnt tell me what she is doing...I ask are you breaking my water??? And she says Oh yes like it is some big surprise I am asking what they are doing to me. Keep checking...now at 4 or 5 not sure nurse comes in and puts something in my IV ok are you induceing me????? Oh yes again surprised. Finally by 8 the epidural guy gets there and they are shoving my head into my belly while I am having contractions telling me dont move at all while he is doing this. Dh sees what they are doing and makes a bee line to the bathroom to get sick...Of course the nurse is now very concerned with dh. Ok hello having a baby here!!!! Epidural is great gotta love it dontcha??? Only problem is that I was still getting sick. They wouldnt even let me have icechips unless they stood there and made me spit out the water. I was soo sick I was to the point where there was absolutly nothing left inside me I swear. Ok so finally around midnight I was dialated enough to start pushing. Epidural has halfway worn off by now. I pushed until 3am almost non-stop I was soooo tired. I finally asked them to get the doc to get the vaccume I couldnt do it anymore I was beat. They take me into the delivery room and tell me they can only try the vaccume 2 times and if it doesnt work I have do do with out. I try the first time ugh nothing...they could see the top of the head but everytime I stopped pushing it would retract again. I was to the point that I was begging for water like I have never begged before in my life...no go. Ok so time 2 with the vaccume.....ugh it works yeahhhhh. I was sooo happy it was done. And I finally got my water. I looked at Jessie and said oh my it is Avery. They looked identical when they were born. So thats the story sorry soooo long. Jessie born at 3:45 am 6lbs 11 oz and 18 1/2 in long.

Reply With Quote
July 24th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,482
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
I swear, after reading everyone elses... I think of how easy mine really was. That sounds all too painful to me! But, I DO love those epiderals! They are wonderful!

Great story and can't wait to see pictures!
~Mandy~ Married to Hal, Mom to Owen Carter (8), Madison Grace (6) and Paige Alivia (2).
Patiently waiting for Sophia Hope to make her debut around October 17th, 2012!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0