Log In Sign Up

The Birth of Landen Kenneth

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,438
This was not a fun experience so don't read if it will scare you from going into labor if you have never experienced labor before.

My pregnancy was very uneventful. I never had morning sickness, I never had aversions to food, slight fatigue to be expected but nothing major. Especially in the beginning, if I wasn't gaining wait, I would have never believed I was actually pregnant.

Labor started uneventful on Oct. 15th at 5am. What a nice wake up call. I had had a false alarm the week before so I expected the contractions would let up like the did before. My due date was the 17th and I was told to expect to go late. Contractions continued on and by 6pm we headed to the hospital. At the hospital I progressed and by 8pm, the contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and I really wasn't able to handle the pain anymore so I called in a friend who was an anesthesiologist. He came and put in my epidural and immediately after he put in the epidural as I was swinging my legs back into bed, my water broke. Right after my water broke my son's heart rate dropped but within a minute came right back up and stayed up. The nurse just thought it was from all the excitement, getting the epidural and my water breaking all at once. So then I labored in bed comfortably and closed my eyes for a few minutes. When it was time to push, I had the nurse call my Ob, who was another friend of mine, and she wanted me to start pushing as she drove there, since she lived only 5 minutes away. The nurse had to get some things ready first and I didn't really start pushing till my OB walked in the hospital. I got one push and the heart rate dropped to the 60's again and this time would not come back up. No matter what I did, position I turned to, it would not come back up. Alarms went off and my OB came rushing in. The put the oxygen on me and I had to push hard and fast or I was getting a c-section. She got the vaccuum out, and the internal monitor probe out and then came the episiotomy and after her pulling and me pushing with all my might, we got him out fast. No cord was wrapped around his neck, nothing to explain the drop in heart rate. I thought everything was fine then. He was healthy and I was holding him. I rested with my new baby and then they took him to get him weighted and everything and the nurses decided I need to get up and try to go to the bathroom. I had still been bleeding a decent amount but it had only been 2 hrs so they didn't think anything of it. I got out of bed and to the toilet and when I sat down I started to get lightheaded, then a huge clot came out of me. I told them I was not feeling good so they brought the wheelchair to try to get me back to bed. I stood up to get into the wheelchair and I passed out cold. Once I came to, they got me back into bed and I layed there. They then every 15 minutes would come in and push on my belly to massage my uterus, and I was still passing large clots. By 3 am, they called my doctor and they turned up my pitocin and gave me another med to contract my uterus. By 8am, I was still bleeding heavily and with all the meds, I felt like I was in labor all over again, in so much pain, and my stomach hurt so bad from them constantly pushing on it to massage my uterus. At 9, my doctor showed up and tried to see why I was bleeding. I had my legs in stirrups and she was digging around, all without any meds. Very painful. She couldn't stop it. By this time, I had lost so much blood, I had to be transfused with 2 units and had to go to the OR for a complete D&C. She never really found an answer to my bleeding but after the D&C, my bleeding finally stopped. I was so sore down there after all that and so weak from losing all that blood. I was confined to my bed for 24hrs and I couldn't hold my baby without someone standing next to me and they wouldn't even allow me to have my baby in the crib in the room with me alone for fear I would pass out or something. My OB said I have a 50% chance of this happening again which scares me but I am healthy now and so is my LO so that is all that matters. Hope I didn't scare anyone with my story.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0