Log In Sign Up

My Little Precious

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 266
Send a message via Yahoo to Behiye YK

Well, to start off with-I had a long labor, a week to be precise. It was miserable. My due date was June 20th, 06.

A week before, on the 13th, my parents and little brother came to await the baby's arrival. That same day I started having my first mild contractions. They were a little uncomfortable and about 30 minutes apart. This continued for the next two days, intensifying in strength. My mom and I were certain I wouldn't make it past the weekend and the baby would be atleast 3 days early. I was hoping for the 18th, since that was Fathers' Day.

By the 3rd day, the 16th, I was having contractions about every 15 minutes apart and they were getting more and more uncomfortable. My dad was leaving over the weekend to go to work (he is a UPS pilot) and we wanted the baby to come before he had to go. So he took me out to the park and had me chasing the frisbee all over the place inbetween my contractions. I must admit, it took my mind off things and I believe now it just might have helped, though not as soon as we had hoped.

Finally Saturday came, and I was miserable I was having contractions every 5 minutes. I went to the see my midwife and she said the fact that I could still talk through them meant they weren't strong enough. I was dumbstruck thinking how much stronger can they POSSIBLY get?! I went home and tried everything to help myself relax and get through the contractions:baths, showers, movies, shopping, eating..everything.

Saturday night I couldn't bear it anymore and I wanted to sleep so bad. I called the hospital and said I was in alot of pain with my contractions so close together and in my mind I was certain I was almost fully dilated.
I got to the hospital and they checked me and said I had not started dilating yet and I was only a little bit effaced. I wanted to jump out the window. They offered me two options: morphine shots and sleeping pills. Afraid that the morphine would have an affect on the baby, I opted for the pills. I took 3 of them and went home thinking I'd have atleast a couple hours' rest.

Well, that didn't happen, the sleeping pills didn't do squat for me. I was so mad I was telling my mom they gave me caffiene pills instead! (kind of funny when I think about it now). Sunday morning I went back for the morphine shots. I was told they'd knock me out and to go straight home. I felt drowsy and the pain subsided for about 45 minutes but that was it. Sunday night I went in for my second dose, hoping for better results, but of course, didn't get them.

Monday morning I went in for my last appointment and Lo and behold I was 4 centimeters dilated, FINALLY! I was so happy I hugged my midwife and went straight home to get ready to go to the hospital. In my birthplan, I put I wanted to hold off on the epidural and I was trying so hard too (I don't know what I was trying to prove when I think about it now)

I got to the hospital and used the birthingball, the jacuzzi, back massage and everything and finally I said I was to exhausted to focus on my contractions anymore and I wanted the epidural so I could sleep and be somewhat alert when my baby was born. I believe to this day if I wasn't so darn exhausted I might have made it without the epidural because I recieved it at 7 cm.

The hours ticked by..hour after hour and my water wasn't breaking, stubbornbaby! Finally around 9 pm the midwife broke it for me and said it was slightly yellow so they wouldn't be able to put the baby on my abdomen right when she was born which is what i was REALLY looking forward to. about 45 minutes later they said itwas time to push and I was so excited and nervous I started shaking uncontrollably, thinking oh my god in a few minutes the baby will be here-a million thoughts were racing through my mind. Oh btw, the whole time in the hospital room my 12 year old brother was in a corner with ear phones on, he didnt want to see me going through that but wanted to see the baby as soon as it was born!
My mom was giving me sips of water and my husband was encouraging me the whole time.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity of pushes (actually only 20 minutes) outcame my precious 8lb, 10 oz baby girl! She was 20 3/4 inches long! She was born June 19th and 10:13 pm a day after fathers day!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0