Log In Sign Up

Please post c-section stories

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2005, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,217
I will be having a c-section in December and want to hear from people that have had one recentlly. My mom had one, but things are much different 20 years later. When she went home from delivering me, vicodin was a new drug andnot even considered a narcotic yet.

Reply With Quote
September 22nd, 2005, 08:59 AM
Mav's Avatar
Mav Mav is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mother Rucker
Posts: 2,161
I went in to L&D to have an external version done to turn my daughter around from the breech position.

It turned out that I was in labor, already! I never feel contractions, for some reason, either in this pregnancy or my last. I've never once felt a contraction and yet have been monitored for hours with contractions that supposedly should have been felt *sigh*

Anyway! I dialated from 3-5 cms in such a short amount of time and the doctors said that there was likely no way to stop the labor and we needed to perform a C-Section before anything progressed further, to ensure no harm to the baby or I.

I was told to take off all of my jewelry as any type of metal, etc, on the skin, can cause a severe burn during surgery.

I donned a full hospital gown and little slippers as well as a hospital surgical cap. I laid down on a gurney and was wheeled into the operating room. The anisthesiologist immediately set to putting my epidural in. It was a pinch, pressure and then I got used to it. All within a few seconds. They put a local anisthetic in where the tube will be inserted. He taped everything down and then laid me again on my back.

For the next five minutes or so, he would take something like a sowing needle and poke me in one place and then another. Never drawing blood; just enough that I could feel the pressure. He would poke me in the hip and then the upper waist. I would tell him whether I could feel it or not. When both were a "no, I can't feel it", he'd move higher. We continued this process until he reached the level of my breasts, at which point, the epidural was complete.

The sheet was raised in front of me. My arms were stretched out perpendicular to my body, one with a BP cuff and the other with pulse readers on my fingers. A temperature gauge (a little sticky black circle) was stuck to my forehead.

I was alone for my C-Section; a single mom at the time. So the anesthesiologist was kind enough to talk to me. After a very short while, a oxygen mask was put to my mouth and nose.

I had no idea when the C-Section even began. The entire time, it felt like people were pushing on my abdomen. Honestly, that is exactly how it felt. Pushing and pulling. I had thought they were placing tape and other preparatory items on my abdomen, so when the anisthesiologist told me that my baby was coming out, I was shocked!

The whole procedure took about 15 minutes. They took my daughter, Moira, cleaned her off, did her vitals and meanwhile I was sown and stapled up. I had a low transverse incision on my uterus which was sown back together and a similar incision on my skin, which was stapled. Twenty staples!!

When they were done, my daughter was brought over to me and I was allowed to give her a kiss. I couldn't hold her, yet, still strapped down and having just had surgery.

They wheeled me into recovery and I was told that as soon as I could wiggle my feet and ankles, they'd take me to Mother-Baby where I would be reunited with my daughter.

I was up and walking the night of my surgery (which was done at 1:34 in the afternoon) ..... Bending, sitting, and the process of standing was difficult for me. I couldn't carry my baby for long periods of time and I couldn't carry her, at all, in her infant carrier.

I was also not allowed to drive for 2 weeks post surgery. I had to sleep on my futon, instead of my bed, because I couldn't get in and out of bed.

It was 16 months ago, but I still have twinges and pains every now and hen, and my mother, who had a C-Section 18 years ago with my sister, says she still has those pains.

It's not that bad, though. :smilie: I just have this pooch that will never go away and a 6 inch scar on my lower abdomen that looks funny in a bikini and when I'm pregnant.

Good luck on your C-Section!!
<div align="center">
Thank you for the siggie, Rachel!</div>
Reply With Quote
October 3rd, 2005, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,217
Congrats on your new baby. The doctor wants me to try to deliver naturally and I am more then willing too. I have a heart problem and that is why I thaught I would be having a c-section at first. I still might. My baby is breeched right now. But I still have a few weeks for him to turn. Although I have a strong feeling that I will still be getting a c-section. Thanks for the reply by the way.

Reply With Quote
October 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 3,227
Well, I was induced because my blood pressure was getting high during my last month of pregnancy.
So I was induced like at 10:00 a.m and the contractions started almost immediately. But the baby wasn't coming down. I stayed there with contractions (not painful, though) until 8:00 p.m. when the doctor said I was exactly 0 cm. dilated. His opinion was that labor wasn't advancing on its own and that he preferred to have a C-section. David was born at 8:33 p.m.
The C-section itself was nothing, really. I felt a bit of pushing in my tummy and then a sudden release of pressure when they took the baby out.
I was so tired by then right after I saw my baby I felt asleep. I don't even remember the suturing or anything else. I woke up in recovery nd the only uncomfortable feeling I remember was that I still couldn't move my legs. It's really a very disturbing feeling, but it goes away after a few minutes. I went to my room and slept.
The next morning I was in a bit of pain. They had left the anesthesia tube and a little machine that delieverd a small amount of pain killer if I needed it. I kept pressing the darn thing and nothing. I had a really painful first day and the next morning after I had a bath I realized that the tube was out. So that's why it wasn't working. I just kept droppping pain medicine down my back
The next day it was as if nothing had happened. The scar still hurt a bit, but that was about it.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0