Dog Kills Stray Cat

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Hello everyone! Iím Lauren and Iím new to the site and need some advice. I am an animal lover. Used to have cats but my mom was allergic. Iím now 26 and have had the same dog for 7.5 years and got my second dog 3 years ago. They are both lab/putt mixes and the sweetest dogs in the world.

Iíve lived in my same double for 14 months now. My neighbor and I used to be best friends, until a few months ago. She feeds all of these stray cats and doesnít contain them. One morning after a 12 hour shift, I let my dogs out and there were 5 cats in my yard. All got away but one and I intervened in a fight, that left my dogs covered in scratches, but the cat got away. I went inside and the cat came back, causing a second fight and the death of this stray. My neighbor then claimed I killed ďher catĒ and did nothing.

I stayed on night shift and am stil on it. My dogs are locked up all night and let out very little because nooone watches the cats, lets them inside, or vaccinated them. But they are ďherĒ cats. Some of the cats have run into my house even, fight with each other, etc. Tonight, a cat ran into my house as I opened the back door and ran back out as my dogs began chasing it. I ran after the dogs, trying to hold them down and separated from the cat. My neighbors, stood by yelling and offered no help, stating my dogs were vicious. Keep in mind, my neighbor I used to be friends with has a dog whom mine played with and kissed her 3 year old in the face. We havenít spoken in 2 months until tonight.

One of my dogs ears is covered in blood and scratches. This cat is fighting for its life now that I got my dogs inside. However, I am at fault for not containing my dogs in their own yard to a stray. Not that I still donít see it as an animal but o have no clue if it has diseases, etc.

I ave tried to keep my dogs inside as much as I can and yet Iím the bad guy for letting my dogs out and this cat being killed after it stacked my dogs. They want to have them put down. HELP. Am I at fault? She has no home for these cats, feeds them every few days, theyíre infested with fleas. Can they be euthanized? Iím very scared,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search