Dr. Browns Bottles

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Veteran
Question about these bottles. The reason I registered for them was because of all the good things I heard about them but I have a cleaning question for them.

Can you sterilize the whole bottle, internal parts and all? In just any sterilizer? Or should hand wash the intrernal parts but if you do that might as well wash everything else and get rid of the sterilizer. Or can I just put bottle and all parts in the dishwasher on the sanitize setting?

Help!!
Wyatt Joseph arrived Dec. 15, 2006
8lbs 6.8oz 21.5 inches long
November 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
I used one for 2 days and threw it out. WAY TOO MUCH HASSLE!!!!!!!! I use the Playtex Drop-ins and they are great!!! I push the air out and Preston has not been gassy, fussy, had belly aches or spit -up. They are great. Of course this is all IMO. Maybe you can read the *bottle review sticky*.

November 2nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE THESE BOTTLES!!! They are great for Leo since he has a hard time latching on to the bigger bottle nipples. According to the package insert, oyu only need to sterilize the nipples initially. Everything else you just wash in warm, soapy water..

Its not so much hassle, I dont think. Every evening I wash and prepare formula for the following day. Of course I never minded doing dishes, so that helps!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
November 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I LOVE THESE BOTTLES!!! They are great for Leo since he has a hard time latching on to the bigger bottle nipples. According to the package insert, oyu only need to sterilize the nipples initially. Everything else you just wash in warm, soapy water..

Its not so much hassle, I dont think. Every evening I wash and prepare formula for the following day. Of course I never minded doing dishes, so that helps![/b]

So really I can put the nipples in the dishwasher on sanitize for the first time and just wash them and everything else in warm soapy water and return the sterilizers is what your telling me.
Wyatt Joseph arrived Dec. 15, 2006
8lbs 6.8oz 21.5 inches long
November 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess so - I dont have a dishwasher so I have to just boil anything that needs to be sterilised. BUt yea, according to the package insert, that is all you need to do!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
November 3rd, 2006, 07:45 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I have never used those bottles so I am no help.

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with your delivery!!! Make sure you come back and visit!!

November 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Dr.Browns some say they are a pain to clean but its really only the tube inside that is extra to clean. My DD has reflux and gets cereal in her bottles so we use the Y-cut nipple out of every bottle these is and believe me we have them all these were the only ones that she could get her formula out of. She has really done well with these she was a preemie and had a terrible sucking reflux and Dr.Browns saved my life.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
November 3rd, 2006, 09:16 PM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mia uses Dr. Brown bottles at home and at daycare. At daycare, they wash them in the dishwasher on the sanitize setting. At home, we always just wash them in hot soapy water. They come with this little brush so you can clean the tube and the rubbery thing (it's got some holes that I clean out with the brush). They are a little bit more hassle than a regular bottle, but they help with belly aches, so it seems worth it to me. My nephew had colic pretty bad. He was switched to Dr. Brown's and doesn't have anymore trouble with it. Good luck!
Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search