Ped put us on Nutramigen

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
So my ped is calling Cameron's problems colic. She put him o Nutramigen. I hope this works for how much it costs! She said to give it a week to clean out his digestive system and that it makes a huge difference in colicky babies. I sure hope so, because its just hell around here with an unhappy and hurting baby every nite.

Please tell me all your good experiences with this formula! LOL I also got some Drop Ins to give them a try and see if they work better for Cameron than the Avent bottles.....
November 15th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Quote:
So my ped is calling Cameron's problems colic. She put him o Nutramigen. I hope this works for how much it costs! She said to give it a week to clean out his digestive system and that it makes a huge difference in colicky babies. I sure hope so, because its just hell around here with an unhappy and hurting baby every nite.

Please tell me all your good experiences with this formula! LOL I also got some Drop Ins to give them a try and see if they work better for Cameron than the Avent bottles.....[/b]
That stuff is just yuck. Yuck to mix, yuck to smell, tastes awful. Maybe you could try Alimentum. Andie likes that much better. And good luck with the drop ins.....they work wonders for us. We hated the Avent bottles!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

November 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Dayna1
My six month old had colic and reflux and the drop ins were WONDERFUL. No more gas!

I hope the new formula works, we were going to try that one but the Enfamil AR worked for us.
November 17th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
Quote:
That stuff is just yuck. Yuck to mix, yuck to smell, tastes awful. Maybe you could try Alimentum. Andie likes that much better. And good luck with the drop ins.....they work wonders for us. We hated the Avent bottles![/b]
Well, I want to tentatively agree with you and send out a huge thank you. Its been hell getting the Nutramigen in Cameron since we left the pediatrician! I've barely been able to get 2 oz in him at each feeding and I was freakin out that he was going to dehydrate. So, I thought about what you posted and I got some Alimentum to try! He is back to eating 3 1/2 oz and even had a 4 oz feeding last nite as well! OMG....I'm so happy! Because he ate so well and because this formula is kinder on his tummy, we had the 1st peaceful evening last nite in a couple weeks! I mean he was quiet and pleasant.....no crying. He even slept for a few hours and he never does that during his colicky evenings of hell!

I don't want to jinx it, but oh my gosh, I hope we are over the hump now and this is the start of many more peaceful evenings around here! LOL I could do a dance right now......

Now I have to take the 3 unopened cans of Nutramigen back and exchange them for Alimentum LOL
November 18th, 2006, 09:00 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I'm glad to hear that you seem to have found something that works for you and your baby! I hope the peacefull nights continue!!!

November 18th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Quote:
Well, I want to tentatively agree with you and send out a huge thank you. Its been hell getting the Nutramigen in Cameron since we left the pediatrician! I've barely been able to get 2 oz in him at each feeding and I was freakin out that he was going to dehydrate. So, I thought about what you posted and I got some Alimentum to try! He is back to eating 3 1/2 oz and even had a 4 oz feeding last nite as well! OMG....I'm so happy! Because he ate so well and because this formula is kinder on his tummy, we had the 1st peaceful evening last nite in a couple weeks! I mean he was quiet and pleasant.....no crying. He even slept for a few hours and he never does that during his colicky evenings of hell!

I don't want to jinx it, but oh my gosh, I hope we are over the hump now and this is the start of many more peaceful evenings around here! LOL I could do a dance right now......

Now I have to take the 3 unopened cans of Nutramigen back and exchange them for Alimentum LOL[/b]
Glad it's working for you. I told my ped never to recommend that to anyone! It's awful and she says "you're right! Babies hate it!" Gee thanks!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search