Did you have any trouble.......

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2006, 09:14 AM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
finding the right formula for your little one?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have tried about 4 different formulas with Gracie. She spits up a lot and has reflux and we found that some just weren't working for her.
We have just gone back to Lactose Free Similac recently and it works the best for her.
November 27th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
I get WIC and they give me Good Start. That is all Preston has had and he does well with it.

November 27th, 2006, 11:02 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
We have been on Enfamil Lipil since I stopped bf'ing. She threw up a lot in the beginning but the doc was hesitant to switch her b/c he said the problem was likely just getting used to the adjustment from BM to formula. I'm glad I didn't switch, she's doing great on Lipil.
November 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
The formula that the docs had me give her to suppliment after she came home from the NICU was a special preemie version of Similac called Neosure. we used that until the doc said it was OK to switch to a 'normal' formula. After that we tried Enfamil and she reacted HORRIBLY to that. First she was constipated and then she had diareah for about 4 days. So we went to Good Start and it's worked great. Been on it since.

November 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
mommytothree
my other two were on enfamil and never had a problem so naturally I thought Sadie would be on enfamil too. She used to projectile vomit it so I tried good start and she is doing well on it.
November 27th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I BF for about 3 weeks, then started with Similac Advance. He had no issues with that, but I currently am on WIC, and in North Carolina WIC offers Enfamil products only. Now he is on Enfamil Lipil with Iron and doing fine as well.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
November 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM
*~Heather~*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *~Heather~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~Heather~*
we tried similac and enfamil and my son did not do well on them so i am usung goodstart supreme and he if doing well!!
November 27th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD is on NeoSure a special formula when she was newborn she had a lot of gas but I just dealt with it because I couldn't switch her formula.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
November 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
We've been through a few formulas looking for the right one. We are in the process of switching off hypoallergenic Alimentum to Good Start Supreme (mixing 1/2 and 1/2). He's liking the mix so hopefully, he will adjust well to the Good Start.
November 28th, 2006, 09:41 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Paige has been on several formulas because she is not gaining weight...we started with Similac, went to Neosure (higher calorie content) then went to Enfamil when she was gaining. Then she started losing weight again so back to Neosure then we started with pediasure 1/2 the day and formula the other half...we used Good Start and she was gassy and fussy so then we went back to Enfamil. Now she is completely on Pediasure and still not gaining weight!!!

November 28th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The pediatrician had us try Enfamil Lipil, Enfamil Gentlease, and Enfamil Nutramigen. All made Ally's tummy cramp. I ended up trying Nestle Goodstart Supreme w/ DHA & ARA and it was the one that's worked for us.
December 1st, 2006, 03:43 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not really. The Enfamil she was given at the hospital made her throw up so DH went and got Nestle GoodStart, which she did great on from the start.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search