How did you go about

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Choose joy
Hi, everyone. My son is 4 months old and exclusively breastfed. I was planning on nursing for a year, but I really don't like it I'm thinking about doing it for 6 months and then switching to formula, or to breastfeed & supplement. I feel bad, but I often dread when feeding time rolls around again and that makes me feel bad too

Anyway, I was just wondering how you chose a formula. Do I just pick one and hope it suits him or are there other things to look at? He has a dr's appt on Wed. and I plan on asking then, but I'd like some insight in the meantime.

TIA!
December 8th, 2006, 08:12 PM
tinafrank's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definetly ask your doc., but I know popular ones are Enfamil, Similac and Good Start. I started with Similac, but it made my son really gassy, so I switched to Enfamil and he was infinetly better. Unfortunately, you just have to kind of test them out on your baby to see which one works for him.
December 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
mommytothree
hmmm... I remember wanting to use Similac when my first was born, I'm not sure why it just seemed liked the best to me but she hated it the few times I supplemented. So I tried Enfamil and she liked it (I had the free samples at home) and I liked the cute bunny on the label She did fine on Enfamil so I just used that for my son when he was born with no issues.

Then came Sadie. When I decided to switch to formula I naturally went with Enfamil and she projectile vomited it. So I tried Good Start for those comfort protiens and she did fine, hardly ever spitting up. So we now on Good Start. I never wanted to use Good Start - I have an issue with my formula being made by the same company that makes my cat's food, I know that it is completely sperate it is just the branding in my mind but I have to say Good Start is awesome. It is easy on her tummy and even smells good, like White Chocolate (hmmm.... wonder why? ).

My ped doesn't care what I use as long as it agrees with her and she is growing.
December 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
I use Enfamil with Lipids--we got it at the hospital when she was born and have stuck to it. It is trial and error...

Oh btw...I hated BF and am SO much happier now that I am FF!

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
December 9th, 2006, 08:45 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
It is basically trial and error to see what will work best for you child. Every child is different. My younger dd was gassy and cried a lot on Good Start. I would get some of the generic store brand and try that first since it is the least expensive. If it works great! If not try the next one up in price. All formulas have to meet the same guidelines and are basically the same nutritionally.

Welcome to the bottle-feeding board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search