Log In Sign Up

Little Miss Chloe

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
A Mommy N Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Where the Army puts us.
Posts: 2,851
Sorry its take me so long to write this birth story...

Anyways I started having contractions the friday before she was born. We tried walked to see if they would help dilate me but nothing was happening. I walked and walked for hours. Finally we desided to go get checked out and I was getting no where I was still at a 1 and 80% since the Tuesday before. So we went home and slept.

I took it easy the Sunday because my legs hurt from all the walking on top of my ankles being huge. Since it was a holiday I didn't have to go to work on Monday so we did some more walking and hot baths. Then Tuesday came and I went to work and everything was normal but the contractions that were still at 4 minutes apart and getting me no where. I went to the doctor that day and i was a 'loose' one and 90% effaced. So I went home and took a hot bath and went to bed crying because I was getting really tired and wanted it over with.

Well, I woke up the next morning with my back hurting but I figured it was because i slept funny. I went to work and I started feeling the contractions to the point that I couldn't think to work. So, I desided to time them and see if they were closer and how long they were lasting. Well, they were 3 minutes and lasting a minute. I went and talked to my boss about 3.5 hours into work and told her how i was feeling and she said I should go home and lay down and if I feel better tomorrow to come back.

Well I got home and it hurt to sit, lay, stand, and walk. So, I called my mom and she said to keep timing them and once she could get away from the doctor with my other sister she would be on the way. She said if they get worse then call the doctor and see what he says. Well, I lasted about 10 minutes later and called the doctor in tears telling them what was going on and he said to go to the hospital to be checked out. I called my mom back and she said she was on her way and she was sending my step dad by to pick up my sister when she gets there. My step dad got there frist and was trying to joke around with me but I wasn't having it. He said you must be in labor...your grumpy...(which kinda made me giggle).

We got to the hospital and they checked and i was were i was the day before so they said to walk for two hours and then come back and we would go from there. My mom had to go to her doctors appointment so she left me with my older sister who met us up there. By the time she got back on hour later I couldn't even walk through them I was crying and couldn't do anything but walk. I walked about 1.5 hours before a nurse come to get me and had my lay down. They checked me again and said i was a 1.5 to 2 and 100%. So, she went and called the doctor. After about 10 minutes came back and said here are the two choices the doctor is giving you and you aren't going to like either one. She said the doctor "he wants you to go home and labor there or I can walk there for however long. We can give you pain meds but you have to go home if you take them." my mom said you can see how much pain she is in and you want to send her home????? The nurse said if it was up to her then she could keep me but its the doctors call. My mom called DH who was on his way and desided to wait until he got there to talk about it. While waiting my mom was talking to my step dad on the phone about when two choices the doctor had given us and was saying there is no way in hell we are leaving and that if something happens to me or Chloe then she is going to hold the doctor and that hospital equally responsible. Well, just so happens that the nurse tending to the other lady in the room was the head nurse on the floor. She came over and said she was going to go call the doctor her self and see what she could do for us. So DH got there and my mom and him were talking about what was going on and DH said they are going to have to take him out kicking and screaming because we aren't leaving.

Finally my nurse came back and said the doctor desided to admit me and watch me for a while. Well, they got me a room and some pain meds about 5 pm so DH went to the house to feed the dogs and let them in for the night. Well, the pain meds only lasted about 20 minutes before it wasn't working any more. At about 5 45 my doctor came in to check me and I was at a 3. He desided to break my water. BTW that hurt. Anyways after he did that he asked me if I knew what Marconnum was and me being in pain said 'no wait yes'. Then he expained that she had already passed it and so if her heartrate states to do anything funny they will not hesitate to do a c section and get her out of there. He said as soon as she is born she will not be laid on my chest she will be taken over to the side and get her airway cleaned out with a vacuum. From there she should be about to come over and see you.

So, 6 o'clock hit and the contrations were really bad that i was almost screaming and i was saying bad words. At 6 10 I got my epi and that man said i did a really good job at staying still even through the contractions. (which made me happy because that meant he was done and relief was on the way.)

I got alittle bit of rest inbetween them coming in and out checking on Chloe's heart rate and how i was doing. at 7 45ish I was at a 5 and then I started feeling alot of pressure so they said it was the baby getting ready but they would check me again. So at 830 I was at an 8. They gave me some meds to make me not feel the pressure so that i wouldn't try to push and I would get alittle more rest before time to push. The nurse came in at 930 and checked again and said I was at a 10 and it would be time to push here in a few minutes once they call the doctor.

Finally at 10 pm the nurse was ready for me to push. I pushed for about 20 minutes and the nurse said to stop and asked the other nurse to call the doctor and tell him we are ready and to find the pediatrician. I kept asking where the doctor was because I really wanted to push and it was so hard not to. it felt like an hour even though it was only 15 minutes for him to get here and the nurse was headed to get more gloves because she was starting to think she was going to have to deliver this baby without him because Chloe just kept coming. Once they got into the room they had me push one a few times then they were going to cut me but Chloe wasn't stopping so i tore alittle but it wasn't to bad. My mom said the doc grabed her with one arm while trying to get everything he could out of her mouth, but she tried to take a breath and turning purple to dark blue in a matter of seconds. she was taked to the side and vacuumed. they said she got some in her lungs and have to take her for a chest ex-ray so i only got to see her for about 2 seconds before she was gone. DH followed her and my mom stayed with me. Once the doctor was finished he said they should let me know really soon about Chloe.

I felt like I laid there forever before someone came to tell me and mom what was going on with Chloe. Once they came in they said that they are keeping her in the NICU on an IV for fluid and meds because the x-ray came back showing some fluid in her lungs. Finally they got me a room in post partum and they took me by to see her. I didn't get to hold her I could only touch her. Once they took out my IV the next day I could come and go as I pleased in and out of the nursery. She was only in the NICU until about 4 the next afternoon then they moved her to the normally nursery but she was the only baby in there. I got to hold her the next day and DH got to hours later that day. it was a long time over the next few days because she wasn't in the room with me. They released me on Friday but didn't let her leave until Saturday morning. So that was a really long night. Finally I got to take her home with me and everything was good until I got a UIT, Mastatis, and my BP was going through the roof. I got meds for all of it and now i'm doing good. Best yet my baby sleeps in her bassinet one a foot from me. I don't want her any further away. So, Chloe had a ruff start in life but Thanks to God my little miss Chloe gets to sleep beside me now and is home safe with us.

Thank you for the wonderful siggie.

Reply With Quote
June 7th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minot AFB, ND
Posts: 32,231
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Whoa, what a whirlwind. Thank God she's ok! Congratulations!!!
Check it out: Our Family Blog!
Become a Facebook fan of My Photography!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

Reply With Quote
June 7th, 2009, 11:12 PM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,553
I'm glad that you are both ok and that she is home with you guys safe and sound!
Thank you Sharon for my adorable siggy!

Reply With Quote
June 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM
stephiebaby_06's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 279
WoW!! That's one unexpected delivery story, good to see you are both okay and doing well ... she's an absolute doll !!
Reply With Quote
June 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,131
Wow...pretty eventful delivery. Glad eveything is o.k with you and Chloe!!

Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,270
Congrats! She's a cutie.


Reply With Quote
June 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
~LoViNmYbOyS~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Naples, Fl
Posts: 8,533
I'm so glad everything turned out so great!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0