Log In Sign Up

Parker Ryan's birth story (may be a bit long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,606
So sorry I havent been on much ladies. Its been crazy adjusting to the new baby. I went in for my induction at 12am on June 3rd. When I went in to the dr the Monday before they were estimating about a 6 to 8 hour delivery. Fine by me. Well they lied! First off I get to the hospital and get checked in and they tell me they are busy and I need to wait in the waiting room for them to call me to my room! WTH? I obliged. Then about 1:30 they finally come and get me and start hooking me up to the monitors. About 2:30 they get the pitocin going. I was hanging in there pretty well till about 5;30. I was thinking surely I am making some progress with contractions this strong...um NO still at a 3cm! So we talked about going ahead and getting the epidural going so I could be more relaxed and they would up the pitocin and get me going plus the dr was coming in about 6:30 to break my water. So about 6am I get the epidural. It wasnt as bad as I was expecting but still scary being my first time. Got my water broken at 6:30 and was still hanging at a 3cm. I got my catheder (sp?) in and tried to relax. Well I shot from a 3 to a 5 in less than 2 hours! Which they had turned the pitocin way up to get me going. Finally about noon I was about a 6 or 7 but Parker's heartrate kept staying above the 200. They said it was fine but after about 15-20 minues she called my dr and he said to lower the pitocin to get his heartrate down. So they turned it down and that slowed me down again but at least his heartrate went down. When I finally got to get it turned back up about 2pm I started feeling my contractions and was crying and in pain. So I got another shot in my epidural to help. That didnt help so I wound up getting 2 other doses PLUS a shot of fentanyl to help the pain. FINALLY i was feeling good and started feeling pressure. By this time i was a 9 and the nurse said she felt like by 3 I would be a 10. Sure enough at 2:55 she checke me and I was a 10. She called the dr who said it would be ok to push and I started pushing at 3pm! Well they were thinking it would take awhile for me to push and they were wrong again. The nurse tells me she sees hair and then realizes 1. she didnt have the delivery table set up and 2. it was time to page the dr. So I had to stop pushing for about 5 minutes until the dr came in and got suited up! I felt bad for Parker being stuck there and I wanted to push so bad! Finally at 3:27 pm my little boy was laid on me and we met for the first time. I bawled my eyes out! I couldnt believe it! They let me and some family see him before taking him to NICU to check him lungs because he was grunting and having trouble breathing. (he checked out fine) and we finally got to see him about 2 hours later. I wound up having to be cut 2 times and the dr called it a 2nd degree.I was upset about that but if you saw my childs head you would see why! lol He came out with the worst alien/conehead looking because I had to stop pushing. ALthough he looks great now and you could never tell it. I also had lots of bleeding afterwards because my uterus wouldnt contract so had to get a whole nother bag of pitocin to helpme contract and stop bleeding. So all in all I did NOT have quite the pleasant experience everyone else did. I was in hard horrible labor for 13 hours and experienced pain unlike any other. I know it was all worth it but sheesh! not at all the experience I was expecting. At least I didnt have to push long because I was wore out! But now my baby boy is here and words could never express the love I felt for him as soon as I met him! But believe me its going to be a long while before he has a sibling!

As soon as I get the chance I will add pics to the board so you can all see him!

*thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Reply With Quote
June 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minot AFB, ND
Posts: 32,231
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4

Most babies have that conehead appearance.

Check it out: Our Family Blog!
Become a Facebook fan of My Photography!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 03:52 AM
mrsnally's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 284
Congrats! I'm sorry you didn't have quite the experience you wanted but hes here and healthy! I'm sure hes just perfect!
Thankyou for the beautiful siggy HeatherW97!
Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 06:47 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 16,108
Congrats. Both my little ones have had the coneheads. My first more so than my second.

Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,131
Congrats, hun. Sorry you didn't get the l&d experience you wished for. But glad everything is good w/Parker.

Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,270
Great story. Sorry it didn't go quite how you expected. Thanks for sharing!


Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 02:47 PM
~LoViNmYbOyS~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Naples, Fl
Posts: 8,533
im glad u both came out of it ok!!! and dont worry with my first i had to wait 40 mins 4 the dr o get there and with my 2nd i had to wait 15.... ash came out with3 pushes and cam in 1 and a half
Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 07:23 PM
mellyburt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 3,702
i'm sorry, des. im sorry that was your first experience and now you're reluctant to have any more any time soon.

but, you have a beautiful baby boy to show for it. congrats to you!

Thank you so much for the gorgeous siggie, sara aka misfitinmn!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0