Log In Sign Up

Avery Jane - our birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
**Melanie**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 2,902
There isn't much of a birth story here...it was the easiest and probably fastest labor and delivery I've had!

On Sunday night, June 7th, we got home from camping. Went to bed around 10 PM and read for a while. I felt two pretty good contractions while reading and then got tired to turned the light off and as I was falling asleep I had a couple more contractions. Then at about 3:30 AM I woke up having a doozy of a contraction. Could not go back to sleep so I got up and timed the contractions. Only 2 more and they were 30 minutes apart, then they seemed to stop so I went back to bed. Got up again to get the kids up for school and ate breakfast. No more contractions, but did have some bloody show. Not sure if anything was happening, I went about my day. Sent Milo to catch the bus for school, took Owen to his eye doctor appointment, then dropped him off to school. Then filled my car with gas and went to the grocery store. Then I went home and cleaned the house a bit, watered the garden, did some laundry. Just trying to get stuff done in case this was it. Didn't feel any more contractions until about dinner time. Then at about 7 PM they kicked in full force, very suddenly. They were quite strong, about 15 minutes apart.

I checked my hospital paperwork regarding when to call them. I was waiting for the contractions to become regular and according to their paperwork, it said if this is my first baby to not call until the contractions are regular and 5 minutes apart, but if this is not your first, then when they get strong to call, do not wait for them to become regular because your labor can progress very quickly. I thought, oh SH*T - I better call NOW. So at about 9 PM I called and told them what was up and they agreed that I'd better come in and be checked. So I called my mom and she came over to stay with Owen and Gus and Milo, Jeff and I headed in.

I had already been at 3 cm and 80% effaced since my last doc appt. When I got to the hospital I was 4-5 cm and 90% so they said based on that they will keep me there. YAY! They called my doc who said I could either have my epi now or wait until she got there to break my water and then have the epi. I said I want my epi as soon as I can have it!

They got me into a room and started my IV. It took two tries and I have a really fabulous bruise on my arm from their first attempt! Once I had my IV and a bag of fluids in, they got me my epi. By then the contractions were very severe. I don't know how women do this naturally all the way, there is no way I could! So after my epi I was in heaven. My doc came and broke my water. Then my contractions slowed way down, probably from the epi. They started me on pitocin to kick things into gear again which worked.

Then it was around midnight so they turned off the lights and told me to get some rest while I finished dilating. Milo then fell asleep. Only 2 hours later I was at 10 and ready to push. They had me do a practice push while the doc was setting up and then suddenly yelled at me to stop! I almost pushed her out with my practice push! So I waited another minute until the doc was ready and pushed twice and out she came at 2:17 AM on June 9th. Poor Milo wanted so much to see his baby sister be born, and we all tried to wake him up when it was time to push, but he would not wake up for anything! He finally woke up the next morning and was very happy to be the first brother to see and hold her. It was a very magical day!

Here are some pictures:

My little peanut. Only 6 lb 7 oz, and 18.7 inches.

Enjoying her first bath. AAaaahhhhhh.....

The proudest big brother ever, Milo

Or maybe this is the proudest big brother - Owen!

Gus giving her a kiss.

Jeff took all the pictures, so I'll have to take some of him with his new daughter and I'll post those later.

Reply With Quote
June 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,131
Awww..she's so precious. Congrats!

Reply With Quote
June 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 3,440
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
sounds like a great birth! TFS!! she's adorable
Reply With Quote
June 11th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Mama2Hayla's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CO
Posts: 529
What a gorgeous baby! Congrats on a smooth delivery!

Reply With Quote
June 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,270
She's a cute little peanut!! Your boys look so proud!


Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0