Log In Sign Up

Leland's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,100
I got the call from the hospital Monday morning, June 8th, at 7AM with them saying to go ahead and come in to start the induction. We got there around 7:30 and were all settled into our room by 8AM. My doctor came in shortly after and checked me, said I was still at 2cm, my cervix was high (which I thought it was low previously, but guess not) as well as baby's head and so he broke my water and they started me on the pitocin. It took him a couple tries to break my water and was pretty uncomfortable since my cervix was so high up. After he left my nurse was like "Well...that was unpleasant!". I had my water broken with Ethan too, but for some reason it gushed out so much more this time. I just kept saying "Ewww!" to DH b/c I felt like I was constantly peeing myself and couldn't help it.

After that they started upping my pitocin pretty much every 30mins once they saw Leland was doing well with it. So the contractions started coming pretty good, but nothing unbareable. The nurse let me know around 9:30 that the anesthesiologist was going to be in a surgery for a few hours and that was as long as there wasn't complications making it last longer, so I could either get my epidural then or wait and chance it. She recommended getting it then and so I went ahead and got it. It was funny b/c there were 4 other women there and my nurse was just sure that I was going to have my baby first b/c of how things were progressing (I ended up being the last one!). Around 2:30 they checked me and said I was 6cm and my cervix was thin like tissue paper, but still high so they had me turning and positioned in all different kinds of ways trying to bring Leland down. I kept feeling so much pressure and they would check me and he'd still be high!

So then at about 3:15 they checked me and I was at 9cm and she said I would start pushing as soon as we were able to bring his head down. Well shortly after 4 she checked me and I was fully dilated and she had me to some test pushes to see if it brought him down at all and she said it did a little at a time. So since my doctor was going to come in around 5 she said we would start doing some pushes in the meantime. Well that went on for about an hour! Pushing every few minutes and 4-5 pushes at a time. It was SO exhausting, but I just wanted to get him out! My nurse said we would try pushing for an hour and then the doctor would come in and assess things and we'd go from there. So an hour went by and I brought him right down to where I would push and she would see about a dollar size coin portion of his head poke out, but then once I stopped it'd pop back up . So my doctor came in to check how I was doing and how I was pushing and said I was pushing great it was just that he was a big baby and had to get past that last little lip. So about another 15 mins of pushing with my doctor and he decided to use the vacuum just to bring him down that little extra bit. So they used it for only about 2 more contractions and then I was able to push him out the rest of the way! Thankfully I didn't have to get an episiotomy, but I did tear a bit . I think on my discharge papers it said it was a 2nd degree tear. My doctor said though that the tear I had this time wasn't nearly as bad as the episiotomy I had from Ethan (go figure!).

So Leland was born June 8th at exactly 6pm, weighing in at exactly 9lbs. and measuring 21 inches long. I think he looked identical to Ethan when he was born, he just is a bit bigger and has more/darker hair! We were able to go home just over 24 hours later which was great b/c Ethan and I were really missing each other! Thanks so much for reading .

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0