Log In Sign Up

Kayla Lynn's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,918
Kayla’s Birth Story

born Saturday June 13 @ 9:17pm - weighting 7lbs 14.5oz and 20 inches long

The induction started Friday evening with the gel application. I called at 6:30 pm and they told me I could come in for 7:30. When I arrived they had me hooked up to monitors for 20 minutes. Then they put the gel in and monitored me for another 30 minutes. Then they had me walk around for 10 minutes then monitored me for another 20. The nurse told us that many times all it took was the gel to get labour going and that she hoped to see us back early morning. However that didn’t happen for us

Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast. I called at 6:30 am and they told me to come in for 7:30. We headed in, registered and got brought to our labour and delivery room. They got me into bed and had me hooked up to the monitors. They hooked up the pictocin and checked to see how far I was. I was only 1-2 cm in the outer cervix. The inner cervix was still closed up tight and he wasn’t able to break my water then.
So we sat back and watched some TV, read some magazines and waited for things to happen. The doctor was going to check me again around 11 or 11:30 but ended up having to do a delivery so I wasn’t checked until 12:30. I was about 2 cm but he was able to get through and break my water (oh my gosh was a bizarre feeling that was!). After that things ramped up a little bit. After a few hours I started having trouble handling the contractions. The pain made me throw up all over myself and the bed (and some equipment) and I asked for some pain relief. I was still only 2 cm so they offered me Morphine which I got about 4:30. That was amazing. It made me a little groggy and I actually got some sleep between contractions. Unfortunately the morphine wore off around 6:30 and the pain was back in full force (I threw up again – though not all over everything this time). They checked me and I was now 4 cm and they offered me an epidural. I was ALL OVER that lol. They put it in around 7:30. It was hard when they were doing the epidural, I was having my worst contractions yet. However it was totally worth it as the pain decreased quickly. I also think that the epidural helped my body relax. I went from 4cm at 7:30 to 9.5 cm at 8:30 (which honestly I was surprised. Only being 4 cm at 7:30 I thought for sure we’d be having our daughter on Sunday instead of Saturday). Wasn’t much longer before I was pushing. However, when I was pushing they noticed that our little girls heartbeat would skyrocket with every push. This had them worried. The doctor offered to use help with the delivery or they could prick her head and try to get an idea of what was wrong. I wanted her out so I opted for the help and he used the vacuum to assist in the delivery. Because of the help I really only had about 20-25 min of pushing before she was born. However the cord was wrapped tightly around her little neck and the doctor worked quickly to cut it and get it off of her neck. She didn’t cry at first and was pretty pale (slightly blue) though she did immediately stretch out her arms and legs as far as they would go. They worked on her quickly and she finally let out a cry. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to hold her as they took her straight to the nursery to put her under some warm lights and put some oxygen on her. But that’s okay as I would rather her be taken care of and be okay than get to hold her right away.
About an hour later Steve was able to bring her to me so we could try feeding for the first time and I got to hold my little girl. What an amazing feeling that was. I never knew I could love someone THAT much.
I ended up with a 2nd degree tear, but it is healing nicely. Apparently she tore me in a very straight line which helps.
We’re taking it day by day and I can’t help but stare at this beautiful little girl. I can’t believe that we made something so precious.


Reply With Quote
June 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM
~Kate T~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,433
Send a message via Yahoo to ~Kate T~
OMG, she is gorgeous!!! Congratulations Snookums!!!

IT'S A BOY! OLIVER DEAN WAS BORN ON JUNE 12TH (38w5d) 7lbs 9oz & 20.5"
Reply With Quote
June 21st, 2009, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,131
Congrats! She's so beautiful.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0