Log In Sign Up

Logan Michael

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Posts: 2,985
(Copied from my other board)

Well i woke up to go pee at about 145am on monday may 11th and when i wiped there was a ton of mucous and some blood.. I really tried to not read into it, so i just went back to bed. Well about 15mins later the contractions started.. I lied in bed for 30mins timing and they were def about 2 mins apart.. So i got up and decided to call my mom. I REALLY didnt think this was it, so i thought i could call her(shes 9hours behind me in time so it was still mother day in Cali) and she could keep my mind off the contractions.. But the contractions kept getting stronger and longer(2mins apart 1min in length), my mom and step day timed me... So after about a 30mins of being on the phone with my mom, i gave in and said its time to go to the hospital.. Got up called my friend who lives 2 doors down to come over, and i packed my bag and we were off to the hospital.. I was hooked up to the monitors at 330am, and about 10mins later the nurse came in to check me and i was 2-3cm, i was so releaved. She was like well your NOT going home.. The contractions were really starting to get bad, so i was like can i get my epi.. i had to wait to get my blood drawn and for the results to come back. That all took about 1 1/2 hours.. At that point im just sreaming and crying in pain( i said im gonna die, LOL), and my body was starting to push..The nurse checked me and i was 7cm. I could not believe i had progressed that quickly.. Finally the epi was here, and we started to get that set up. The epi doc was a jerk, and it took almost 10mins to get it in. He said it was my fault cause i wouldnt round out my back. I was thinking well you try doing that while having massively painful contractions.. But after about 10mins of the meds starting i felt the relief. I still felt TONS of preussure, but the pain was minimal. So i labored for about another hour(at this point time is blurry) and was starting to feel the pain and the pushing again, so i was asked for more epi. The nurse had to check me first, and i was still a 7.. I was a little dissapointed, but it had only been about 4hours, so it was okay. About an hour later i was needing more meds, and DH went to go for a walk.. The nurse came in and i asked for more meds, and when she checked me i was fully dialated and ready to push. She asked were DH was and i told her he went for a walk, she was like oh no not now,haha, it was funny.. But he came in after a few mins. I stared pushing and really thought i was gonna die, but 4 contractions later Logan was out. Not tears!!! The nurse and midwife were awesome!! So overall i was in laobr for about 5hours.. It was VERY painful but it was short.. They checked logan all out and then put him on my chest. They checked out the placenta said itt all looked good, but it was big.. After about 30mins of holding logan, they came back in to do his weight and ect... He ended up scoring a 9/10/10 on his apgar, weighed 7lbs4oz and was 21ins(but im pretty sure that the length was very wrong).. They took some blood and gave him back to me.. His blood sugar levels were great right after birth(i had gestational diabetes).. After an hour the results came back and he had low oxygen in his blood. So they said he needed to be put in the incubator.. Well that ened up not being enough, and he couldnt keep up his levels on his own at this point. The called the pedi they have on call(she doesnt actually work in the hospital and they dont have a nicu).. I auctally went to the bathroom when all this happened, and when the nurse brought me back to the room, i saw the big transport bed in the room.. They told me the pedi was coming and see what was going on. She got there and gave him some extra oxygen, and that helped.. They were all happy about the results.. His blood sugar then droped really low, so they needed to give him a bottle. Didnt help gave him more and his levels went up... Well at some point the nurse and a midwife came back and were giving him more oxygen and brought the transport bed back in.. I was starting to worry.. Oh and DH was not here the whole time, he went to do some things and pick up Hannah from school... But after a few mins they took the transport bad back out, and i never saw it again.. He stayed in the incubator for about 4 in ahalf hours.. They called the pedi to come back and check him out. They drew some more blood(from his head) to check for any kind of in feection.. But the nurse then got him dressed and had me hold him while he was being monitored, and he was keeping his levels up on his own. And after that we were both taken to the post partum ward... So thats about it.. After minor complations all was fine... The after birth pains were pretty bad those first 3 days, so i was asking for pain meds all the time. Logan and i were realsed on Wed May 13th. But i was to watch myself for any sign of fever or sickness. When i was having my exam the doc pressed on my uteras and it HERT pretty bad, and he said that isnt normal. It could be a infection, and if i had a fever to go straigth back to the hospital, cause if i wait to long i could die.. Well thankfully i didnt and im here and so in love with my new baby boy!!!
Well thanks for reading ladies! i still cant believe that after 3 years and everthing i went through hes here! Its so wonderful! i feel so blessed!!!
Reply With Quote
June 23rd, 2009, 09:24 PM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,464
gotta love those fast labors!!!
Wendimarried to my soulmate and mama to 4 great kiddos & 1 sweet angel

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0