Log In Sign Up

Zoe Inez - July 25, 2009 - with birth pictures (no nudity shown)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Posts: n/a
On July 20th, I had my final appointment with my OB. He did a membrane sweep and we set up an induction for the 28th. He did say that because we did set up an induction date, that I would now go before that date. I wasn't holding my breath

Several days went by and I was losing gobs and gobs of my mucous plug, having more and more pressure down below, lots of diarrhea, and my contractions were coming and going, but still not regular. I started to walk about a mile, as fast as I could, starting on Thursday the 23rd, and did the same on Friday - even went shopping. Friday morning, I started to feel like she was right on my cervix. It was so hard for me to walk, and it was beginning to get hard for me to walk because she was so low. I still didn't think she was going to come until Tuesday though. Friday night I was feeling more and more miserable. It was getting harder to go up the stairs, and I was so uncomfortable to the point of tears. No contractions though, so everything was just pressure. Jordan and I went to bed around 9:30, and I actually got to sleep.

I woke up fairly early on Saturday morning around 1:30 to a huge braxton hicks contraction. To the point it made me have to go to the restroom. But, that was all I had.

At 4:30, I woke up to another BH contraction and it lasted for about 30 seconds. Went to sleep and woke up up to another one at 5am, this one lasting a tad longer. Went back to sleep, and 5:20 woke up with a huge contraction - stronger, lasting longer. It was then that I was beginning to think it was more than just BH. So, I just laid in bed a little while longer. 20 minutes later, I had another one.

Starting at 6am, I was having contractions regularly and they closed to 10 minutes apart. I didn't want to wake Jordan just yet, so at 6:30, I got up after having several, went to the computer, and got on the contraction website and tried to time them, but while sitting up, I couldn't really feel them very well. They were there, but kind of dull. Jordan got up at 6:45 and asked if i was coming back to bed, and I said I would, but I still didn't say anything. at 6:55, I got up from the computer, and started up the stairs, where I had a pretty strong one where it doubled me over onto the stairs and it lasted a lot longer. I had to sit to recover, and at 7am, I had another one equally as strong. I knew this was the day at that point.

I finally got up the stairs, met Caleb in the hallway, and we both got into bed. Jordan knew I didn't look right and he asked me if i was ok, and I finally told him that I was having contractions. He got on the contraction website, and we actually started to time them for a half hour. They were ranging 5 minutes a part and started getting closer to 2 minutes. I finally just told him to screw the 5-1-1 rule, and I was calling the doctor. They were getting painful, too close together, and literally sending me into tears.

So, the on-call OB was called (who happened to be the same doc who delivered my son), and I gave her all the information from Monday on, and she said to go on in. It took me literally a half hour to get myself dressed, because I was having them so close together and felt like she was coming at anytime or my water was about to break. I probably sat on the toilet for most of that time. LOL.

Called my parents at 8am, brought Caleb over, and both were out in the garage to meet us where I was crying at that point, the contractions were coming so fast and painful. My mom wanted to talk and hug me, I was in pain and just wanted to leave and it seemed like forever. In actuality, it was only a few seconds.

Jordan got in the car and as soon as we got to the main street of our development, I just told him to floor it, put on the hazards and run any light he had to to get me to the hospital.

With every corner he turned, every ramp he had to turn on, it sent me into the worst contraction ever felt. I literally was crying for him to slow down at that point. He just told me to breathe through it. He turned on our satellite radio to the SPA channel, and that helped me a little bit, but Jordan was really good about reminding me to breathe. Still in tears, with all of them when they hit, but I got through them all. Jordan timed them as we were driving and they were 2 minutes a part, lasting a minute in length. I honestly didn't think we were going to get to the hospital.

He drove 90 the whole way, and thankfully being early in the morning, there wasn't too much traffic, and when there was a lot, they got out of our way.

We got to the hospital about 8:45. I could barely walk and still had to give some information. I told the nurse at the desk, that whoever has me to call the anesthesiologist and I wanted my pain medication and epidural. She just laughed and my actual nurse was at the desk and took me back to my room. She asked if I wanted a wheelchair, and I told her I'd like to walk if I could. Half way there, I had another contraction that literally sent me to the floor and I told her I was going to need that wheelchair. Jordan and the nurse laughed and Jordan helped me breathe through it. They got me up and into the wheelchair and got me into the room. The helped me get my clothes off and got me on the bed where I FINALLY could lay down and concentrate a little better in a fetal position.

My nurse got everything ready, got my IV in, got my blood for lab results and unfortunately, before any pain meds could be started, I had to be checked to see where I was. If any of you have actually been checked in the middle of a contraction, let me tell you, it's worse than the actual contraction - at least for me. Unfortunalty, she couldn't wait becuase my contractions at that point where getting closer together and there was no way for her to wait. at 9:15am, I was already dilated to 6 cm and 100% effaced at that point. I got passed my goal of going further with Caleb (i was a 4 with him).. The anesthesoligist was called as soon as I got there, but she didn't arrive until around 9:30. In the meantime, i was given Stadol to help, but it didn't take away the pain by this point. Just calmed me down a bit to think a little more level headed.

At 9:45, the anestheologist asked for me to be checked one more time, and I was at 7cm, 100% effaced, so she went ahead and put in the epidural. I was so proud of myself to lasting to 7cm, even if I had to wait to get it due to the doctor getting there late. By 10a, the epidural was in, and I was feeling relief, and the texting began to all my friends. LOL.

I was checked every hour at that point, and each time I was checked, I went up a cm. By 12:30, I was already at 9cm and my water had yet to break. They decided at 12:45, they were going to do that and I should be ready to push a few minutes later. 12:45pm, my nurse came in to do one last check. I was laying on my right side, and she helped me turn over. My water broke completely on its own, and the nurse looked down, and said, OMG! I've never seen that before. My eyes widened, I asked what? She just smiled and said, "your sac is completely in tact - broken, but in tact. I've never seen that before in all my years of nursing". I wanted to see, so I had Jordan lift me up just a tad because I couldn't get a real good look, and sure enough, there it was - a yellow, white "balloon", completely in tact. We literally talked about this for like 10 minutes, she was so amazed. She cleaned up the bed, and said she would check me to see where I was. She expected me to be fully dilated now that my water broke.

So, at 1pm, I was checked and sure enough, I was ready to have a baby. She got the stirups ready to go, my legs in them and had me push twice. I had to remind myself to slow my count down and to really bear down, and had to great pushes on that. We took a break for quite awhile really, and I just happened to look at the reflection of the TV. I asked her what that white thing was, and she said that was the baby's head. I seriously couldn't believe that it was almost over at that point. I barely did anything. She called the doctor in, and the whole team was in the room by 1:10p. The doctor walked right in, slowly got her garb on and asked where we were. The nurse talked to her, the doctor looked and said, "Oh, we're close". That sent EVERYONE into laughter, including me, and everyone shouted, "Don't laugh - Dr King isn't ready yet". And of course, that just sent me into more giggling, and they kept telling me to stop. LOL. So, I covered my mouth, smiling and trying not to laugh until the doctor was in position. The nurse looked at the monitor and said, anytime you want to push, you can, but the doctor told her that wasn't necessary. She was coming on her own. And sure enough, she was. I only had to do a small push, barely anything to get her head completely out, and that was it.

At 1:14pm, Zoe was born. Full head of hair, crying, and weighing 9lbs, 6.6oz, 19in in length.

Easy delivery and I was so happy considering how hard this pregnancy really was on me. I couldn't have asked for a better one.

I did have a small tear in the perineum, and I had a small peri-urethral tear, which they chose not to stitch up since it was closing on its own.

Here are a few birth pictures:


She's born - Suctioning, and Dr saying that she's over 9lbs.

More suctioning - I told her there was no way, but Dr said, she definitely is over 9lbs

Me cutting the cord:

Quick pic before taking her to warmer:

Her weight - yep, the doc was right. LOL

Proud mommy and feeling great:
Reply With Quote
August 12th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 7,867
What a great story!

Reply With Quote
August 31st, 2009, 07:21 AM
photophreak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,446
Sounds like such a nice delivery! (Your octor kind of looks like Sarah Palin. lol)
Reply With Quote
August 31st, 2009, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,718
too funny val! you beat me to it!

sounds like it was a perfect birth.

thanks so much BAM for my awesome siggy!

Reply With Quote
September 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chilly New England
Posts: 6,767
Awww, congrats Momma! She was in a hurry, though!
Hi, I'm Sara. I used to post here a lot when I was having the kids, but life got busy and it's been years since I was around. Now I'm back, and happy to be here.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0